Have I missed something re Matt Polster?

Has he been playing in the development games? We've got so many players at the moment I keep forgetting about some of them, Matt Polster being one of them, signed him ages ago and only played a couple of times, wonder what sort of wage he is on?

A bizarre signing for me. Looks very average. Was shocked at his age and lack of games. Barring an injury crisis hes unlikely to feature much at all for us.

I’d expect him to play some games in midfield as the season goes on. Seen him a couple of times there and think he’d be more than capable

I think he’s wasting his time here and vice versa. He’s not going to replace Tav and he’s not good enough for our midfield

His Mrs apparently works in media covering different sports.

We should be employing her in our media team- Alice Hedworth and Brittany Held double act... there's a thought.

So if Tav had gone for big money this window we would have had a player to hit the ground running. Always going to be a back up and will probably leave within the year.

How did we identify this guy as being a player good enough for Rangers?

What I remember is Gerrard noticed him while playing the MLS

He was subsequently given a trial and succeeded in earning a contract

It appears as though US national team is in some sort of rip it up and start again mode and is bleeding in a bunch of relatively unknown youngsters...

Strange signing. I wonder if Gerrard owes his agent a favour or he just likes to have a good swatch at his Mrs like the rest of us

He's clearly a good player - hasn't looked bad in any of the games he's play for us. Sadly for him he plays the same position as our captain and one of our best players.

I've no doubt he'll get his chances throughout the season.

He's clearly a good player - hasn't looked bad in any of the games he's play for us. Sadly for him he plays the same position as our captain and one of our best players.

I've no doubt he'll get his chances throughout the season.
He probably won’t tbh

I'll be honest, I watched him start in the middle of the park for the Colt's side again Patrick Thistle in the Glasgow cup, and from that showing he is a mile off starting in our midfield. I understand that sometimes when you drop down to play with players who are deemed to be a lower standard, your standards can slip as well.

To put it into context though, he played next to Barjonas, who looked head and shoulders above him technically. He may prove to be a steady right back deputy, but I wouldn't expect to see much of him this season.

Back