Have the club and BBC made up?

Delboy Trotter

Watching the best of Chewin the Fat there and at the end it advertised live radio coverage of several SPL games this weekend and specifically mentioned coverage of our game with Livi starting at 1.

I genuinely can’t recall them ever advertising coverage of our game since the fallout?

Watching the best of Chewin the Fat there and at the end it advertised live radio coverage of several SPL games this weekend and specifically mentioned coverage of our game with Livi starting at 1.

I genuinely can’t recall them ever advertising coverage of our game since the fallout?
They'll just be commentating using the sky sports feed probably

We don’t have a problem with the BBC, just one disingenuous reporter who correctly had his press privileges revoked.

The BBC can send anyone else…
We've got a huge problem with BBC Scotland and it was a mistake to focus everything on a couple of reports from Chris McLaughlin.

Recently, for instance, James Cook regurgitated the Dornan/Haggerty/Call It Out line about 'anti Irish' racism at George Square.

This type of language is intended to damage the club.

They do commentary via the sky feed for old firms and the other odd games we get at home. Sky are only there as we are champions and it's the league opener. Normal business will resume thereafter but since they cover almost every single celtic game in a season some of their podcasts are going to be unintentionally glorious this year, just as last night's was.

They need us.

We don't need them.

We’ve all been there to be honest.

The highlight of finding jazz mags in a bush was a staple in the 80’s. It’s ok when your 13, not 43 I suppose.

I still say you got a better buzz when you found them, than those buzzing the glue, who said the best buzz they had was sniffing the glue. I got a bigger buzz seeing a big bush.

Not saying you buzzed the glue Robocop, just reminiscing finding the scuddy books myself compared to some of mates who preferred the uhu, lol

I still say you got a better buzz when you found them, than those buzzing the glue, who said the best buzz they had was sniffing the glue. I got a bigger buzz seeing a big bush.

Not saying you buzzed the glue Robocop, just reminiscing finding the scuddy books myself compared to some of mates who preferred the uhu, lol
Obviously these days you can get whatever you're into in 1080p HD with a couple of of taps of your tablet, but back in the day, there was literally nothing to beat finding somebodies stash of Mayfair planked in the woods next to the wee burn.

After some thorough research by 1st year me(who was Paul Raymond and why was he in the back of that Rolls Royce and not driving it?) I punted them in guidance when the teacher retired to the staff room for half an hour (and probably a half bottle) for a couple of quid each. To this day I have never felt richer and they paid for my first Air Jordans.

They do commentary via the sky feed for old firms and the other odd games we get at home. Sky are only there as we are champions and it's the league opener. Normal business will resume thereafter but since they cover almost every single celtic game in a season some of their podcasts are going to be unintentionally glorious this year, just as last night's was.
K
Even the CSC that infests Pacific Quay, need to acknowledge the Champions ! BBC Scotland is Broken.

One thing that makes absolutely no sense in this - McLaughlin is now moved on to a different role and would no longer be at Ibrox anyway. So surely he isn’t banned? And if so, we haven’t banned anyone from the BBC so what is their logic behind continuing to not cover us?

Put it this way, they never had a single mention of the Real Madrid friendly.

One thing that makes absolutely no sense in this - McLaughlin is now moved on to a different role and would no longer be at Ibrox anyway. So surely he isn’t banned? And if so, we haven’t banned anyone from the BBC so what is their logic behind continuing to not cover us?
BBC Scotland is full of bigoted Celtc minded individuals who channel their bigotry on to their productions . It comes from the very top at Pacific Quay and regardless of what they say and deny , they obviously have an agenda against our club. McLaughlin has never apologised for his inaccurate reporting and his employers agree with his actions . BBC Scotland do not send any reporters to our games , because they say that nobody should , or can , tell them who to send to cover our games , which is true , but that's not the case here , we have withdrawn McLaughlin 's press privilege and he hasn't been banned , and we're not telling anyone who , or not to send. They are hiding behind their robotic response when they tell you otherwise , and when challenged they send the same drivel out time and time again. stating they have no agenda of bias against us or any other club. The club should take a far more robust challenge IMO but I think it will only improve starting by removing the problem at the very top and then you'll probably see the all too eager minions follow at their own accord

Last edited:
Meanwhile Chris McLaughlin will continue his biased reports on RFC from the Ibrox area in a sort of " roundabout "and SPECtacular way o_O mentioning his preferred septic FC as often as he can .

I hate bbc Scotland, I hate Dick Gordon and I despise McGlaughlin they are the axis of evil and are a disgrace to public broadcasting. The service they provide is never impartial nor is it equitable. It’s the older bears in remote areas I feel for in all this. The BBC are simply failing on their charter with respect to Rangers this regardless of the bias and shamelessly liablious coverage we have suffered since 2012. Until this cancer is removed from the BBC we should never seek to open a dialogue.

I used to get quite annoyed about this situation, both at the BBC who are behaving in a totally unacceptable manner and the club who made a total backside out of handling hte situation in the first place.

Then I realised it no longer matters. the BBC's coverage of Scottish football has been in decline for a number of years. They are presenting to the same old tired format for so long that it is beyond boring. Had they still been covering us I would have drifted to H&H long ago anyway because they present the content i want to hear.

Look at off the ball, been running in its current format since 1994. Never really changed and long since stopped being funny. Main programme with Richard Gordon? Not changed in years. Been a tactical data driven revolution in football, never covered on Radio Scotland. Guests are obsessed with being and creating the news not reporting it. Home for partly employed ex journalists. Football pro's they have on it don't really enhance your understanding or enjoyment of a game. They have stagnated for years. Only time I listen might be for a match commentary if i am driving or if the tims get skelped. This is so far from cutting edge football coverage it is risible.

Point here is we have moved on. If there was a peace deal it is way too late. I wouldn't go back to listening unless they produced something much better than H&H. Cant see that happening. So for me I no longer care about the relationship with the BBC, they haven't got an offering I want any more.

So the biggest problem here is one for them, we have moved on, H&H are blazing a trail of how to do good fan media and that will encourage other to follow, who will also innovate and drive more improvement. The only ones not improving are the BBC.

they will reap what they have sown.

I used to get quite annoyed about this situation, both at the BBC who are behaving in a totally unacceptable manner and the club who made a total backside out of handling hte situation in the first place.

Then I realised it no longer matters. the BBC's coverage of Scottish football has been in decline for a number of years. They are presenting to the same old tired format for so long that it is beyond boring. Had they still been covering us I would have drifted to H&H long ago anyway because they present the content i want to hear.

Look at off the ball, been running in its current format since 1994. Never really changed and long since stopped being funny. Main programme with Richard Gordon? Not changed in years. Been a tactical data driven revolution in football, never covered on Radio Scotland. Guests are obsessed with being and creating the news not reporting it. Home for partly employed ex journalists. Football pro's they have on it don't really enhance your understanding or enjoyment of a game. They have stagnated for years. Only time I listen might be for a match commentary if i am driving or if the tims get skelped. This is so far from cutting edge football coverage it is risible.

Point here is we have moved on. If there was a peace deal it is way too late. I wouldn't go back to listening unless they produced something much better than H&H. Cant see that happening. So for me I no longer care about the relationship with the BBC, they haven't got an offering I want any more.

So the biggest problem here is one for them, we have moved on, H&H are blazing a trail of how to do good fan media and that will encourage other to follow, who will also innovate and drive more improvement. The only ones not improving are the BBC.

they will reap what they have sown.
Good post

Back