Have the club congratulated Nobel Prize winner David Macmillan

Maybe the club will wait till match day and bring him out for the element of surprise
Are you being ironic, or does he need the oxygen of publicity. I think you are easily lead. Maybe he could give Rangers a few coppers out of his prize money.

I think it's time I got my coat!

Are you being ironic, or does he need the oxygen of publicity. I think you are easily lead. Maybe he could give Rangers a few coppers out of his prize money.

I think it's time I got my coat!

Mate I just think it would galvanise the support to have a legend of the science world among them. We don’t need every match day experience to be a carbon copy of the one before it.

Where’s this pic of him with the Gers hat? Would like to see it. I’ve got a PhD in chemistry (humble brag) so would love to
show some of the international colleagues the guy is a bluenose

Wouldn't usually provide a link to The Sun, but you can use the following link to confirm there's more than one chemistry PhD'd up Rangers fanatic out there :))

Mate I just think it would galvanise the support to have a legend of the science world among them. We don’t need every match day experience to be a carbon copy of the one before it.
Galvanise...love it :D
There was an element of surprise with that post :p

I didn't know that. Given his background and the fact that his dad worked in the steel mills I had wondered if he was a Motherwell fan. If David is a Rangers fan it would be a nice gesture from the club to acknowledge his great achievement.
I worked in Ravenscraig the workforce was approx 60% bears, 25% tims, 15% Motherwell.

It seems like a no brainer PR wise. Like it or not, there are plenty of media outlets and fans of other teams who try to toxicify our club's name as an obsessive pastime. When we have a chance to show a good news story about a high profile Bear why not take it? Assuming he's up for it.

Spot on, mate. We're in a cultural war in the media and with endless lies and bullshit written about our club and support. We should take every opportunity to show our club and fanbase in a good light.

Could we/should we include a fans Hall of Fame in the Edminston Drive development? Include the likes of this guy, Drew McIntyre, Gordon Reid, Graeme Dott, Wet Wet Wet, etc etc

It seems like a no brainer PR wise. Like it or not, there are plenty of media outlets and fans of other teams who try to toxicify our club's name as an obsessive pastime. When we have a chance to show a good news story about a high profile Bear why not take it? Assuming he's up for it.
That's exactly why I asked the question as he clearly is not afraid to show he is proud to be our supporter and like you say, it's a no-brainer PR-wise.

You do know humans have invented planes?
The guy is arguably the most distinguished professor of chemistry in the world doing life changing work. Just a wee hunch but I would imagine unnecessary travel to the uk to go onto the Ibrox pitch might not be a priority. However as I said on my post , you never know. I think the club giving him a mention would be a very nice thing.

Oh and I’m on a flight to Greece in a couple days since you ask.

Was just listening to the Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast with an item on the Nobels, which explained his work and its importance.

Asymmetric Organocatalysis. Great stuff (still don't really understand it.)

They didn't mention that he supported us, unfortunately.

The guy is arguably the most distinguished professor of chemistry in the world doing life changing work. Just a wee hunch but I would imagine unnecessary travel to the uk to go onto the Ibrox pitch might not be a priority. However as I said on my post , you never know. I think the club giving him a mention would be a very nice thing.

the club does not need to bring him over to stand on the pitch but, they could do a zoom call to him to congratulate him or even just say something on the club's official site and send him a signed shirt.

the club does not need to bring him over to stand on the pitch but, they could do a zoom call to him to congratulate him or even just say something on the club's official site and send him a signed shirt.
Agreed or Perhaps a video message put on the screens would be a nice touch. Great to celebrate one of our own.

Not my ML but im a regular attender at 919.
I haven't been to a meeting in years. Call it a 'crisis of faith' . Felt a fake as my belief in a SB was gone. Shame as RKS was a great wee lodge. Strangely enough. I'll always consider myself a FM.
What is your ML?

Well yeah,that’s just your opinion.

Anyway , have the club congratulated me on winning the 25 yard back stroke Lanarkshire schools event 1974 .... answer NO so I should be in front of him. Really who does he think he is

He is based in the USA so I doubt he’ll be coming onto the Ibrox pitch. you never know I suppose. Would be nice if the club recognised his achievement. Perhaps a recorded video message on the screens and a reply from him.
Surely he should have one of those belts that the Tomorrow People wore and could turn up where he liked when he liked

Wouldn't usually provide a link to The Sun, but you can use the following link to confirm there's more than one chemistry PhD'd up Rangers fanatic out there :))

Humble Brag two - I started my chemistry degree at glasgow University in 1991, the year David graduated. I liked it that much I stayed at did my PhD there - so the Nobel prize must be working it's way to me reasonably soon.

Humble Brag two - I started my chemistry degree at glasgow University in 1991, the year David graduated. I liked it that much I stayed at did my PhD there - so the Nobel prize must be working it's way to me reasonably soon.

There were obviously some brilliant scientific minds in Glasgow during that time.
I also completed my degree at Strathclyde during David's time, biotechnology being one of my majors.
I achieved the 'Desmond', the curse of many youths that party too hard at the first opportunity after leaving home, and went on to have a business career, that was in no way related to the Uni course I struggled to complete :)
Good luck in making it 2-in-a-row (Nobel prizes).

Back