Have The Rangers Support ever been 'courted' by a player with such dignity?

After Borna's recent taunting of the mendicants this thread jumped in to my head from years ago.

He has exceeded my expectations and if he does have a successful Euros, we stand to lose him.

I will be heartbroken. Distraught. Almost (but not quite) as sad as when Big Dado Prso left us.

Our relationship with Borna has matured along with his game. I put that down to 2 things 1. Rangers and 2. Stevie Gerrard.

Nothing below £36m will soften the blow of losing our Croatian hero. Our courtship and developing relationship with the player will live with me forever.

Last edited:
After Norma's recent taunting of the mendicants this thread jumped in to my head from years ago.

He has exceeded my expectations and if he does have a successful Euros, we stand to lose him.

I will be heartbroken. Distraught. Almost (but not quite) as sad as when Big Dado Prso left us.

Our relationship with Borna has matured along with his game. I put that down to 2 things 1. Rangers and 2. Stevie Gerrard.

Nothing below £36m will soften the blow of losing our Croatian hero. Our courtship and developing relationship with the player will live with me forever.
Haha, why £36m??

I think the Rangers Support played their part in this signing.

From the start, the whole saga has been 'Rangers class' and this should not be overlooked.

His words hugely impressed me - never mind his obvious talent.

I’d love to sign for Rangers after experiencing the Ibrox atmosphere.

Admits Osijek captain Borna Barisic

Basic, whose shot was deflected into the net by Connor Goldson, was blown away by the noise in Thursday's 1-1 draw at Ibrox.

OSIJEK skipper Borna Barisic has revealed he would love to sign for Rangers because he enjoyed playing at Ibrox so much.

The Croatian side were edged out by Steven Gerrard’s men 2-1 on aggregate in the Europa League, second qualifying round.

Borna Basic loved playing at Ibrox

WILLIE VASS
Rangers fans left their mark
Osijek players and management were queuing up to tell Rangers they were lucky after their first leg win and midfielder Robert Mudrazija even branded Gerrard a ‘tiny man.’

However, Osijek captain Barisic, whose shot was deflected into the net by Connor Goldson – has bucked the trend by insisting he loved the atmosphere in Glasgow so much he’d love to play there every week.

The Croatian international said: “The atmosphere was incredible and I was hugely impressed by Ibrox.

“I think when you watch it on TV, it doesn’t prepare you for what the noise is actually like.

WILLIE VASS
Osijek lost out 2-1 on aggregate
“It was a real pleasure to play there.

“What fascinated me was the culture of the home fans to turn up in such huge numbers no matter who they are playing against. That would be weird for us, but quite normal in Scotland.

“Who would not like to play every week in such an atmosphere?

“I’d love to play at Ibrox in every game.

“Even though I contributed a lot to our goal, I didn’t even celebrate it because there was no time left.

_______

We definitely played our part in attracting him here, and as such I cannot recall ever having such an amicable courtship with a Rangers player.

Have we had a better one?
Can’t get better than 6ft as a hard as %^*& Croat with a head bandage

Most Rangers players have a real love for our club, it's always been the same. Filth players always seem to want away from that dump as fast as they can. I know players will leave but they will usually still have a great affinity with us

I remember when he first played against us, this forum was going mental. "Who is that big b#st&rd on the left", "somebody get on him he's the danger", "we need to stop those crosses from the left".

Back