Have they really just went three matches without a single booking?

Gio,

The statistics are plain to see and you can see from the video evidence of each game.

Are the club addressing this and how ?

Then we are not silent and a response will be in the media, just like they do.

Only ours is justified !!
totally agree, and I’ve mentioned couple of times since Gerrard was in charge.

Last edited:
How many of those fouls do you think should’ve been yellow cards, OP?
Maybe you are not aware but season after season whether they win the league or not their card per foul ratio is miles behind any other team in the league - a massive outlier.

Now you have to believe one of two things here if that long term pattern is to be explained:

1. Celtic foul differently season after season compared to any other team in the league.
2. There is corruption at play as they aren’t being refereed to the same standards as other teams.

Now I”m going for number 2 - as I have a pair of eyes that work pretty decently - and those stats are unexplainable without corruption being a factor. This is much different from penalties conceded/awarded where the better teams should have more. However there is no reasonable explanation for any team under various managers being out on their own in a cards per foul ratio every year. That’s simply corruption at play.

Funnily enough our ratio only ever matches or betters theirs in Europe. Funny that!

Season 2021/22

gn17a.png

In no way saying these are all bookings but I think the first is at least a yellow. Collum looking right at it and didn't even give a foul.
The Abada dive is preceded by McGregor throwing himself to the ground too. As did Giakamakus all night. They dive all the time and I can't remember them getting a yellow in the past few seasons.
The Ralston one, on a different day for a different team could be a yellow.
The point is they get away with this pretty much all the time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Unless memories are playing tricks on me I’m sure Scot browns disciplinary record in Europe or playing fir Scotland was different than his domestic record. Compare the press reaction to brown’s antics to Morelos’

. They can commit fouls,dive looking for penalties and run off the pitch goading fans and get away with it because they more or less demanded to be refereed the way they wanted to be. The whole set up of scotshit football authorities dance to their tune. What is the hold they have over spfl,SFA,referees and other teams. Corrupt and terrified to question them.
they have a disproportionate amount of fans in positions of influence mate, they run the show.

OK,

So David Edgar, or Mark Dingwall, or maybe Stevie Clifford should say at the next presser "Gio, Celtic only seem to get about 1 yellow card for every 25 fouls, whereas we get 1 for every 7. What are you or the club doing about this?"

How do you expect Gio to respond? Tell me.

Or, should the question be phrased differently? If so, please give me your version.
Doesn't matter how he responds. The issue will at least have been aired.

Gio,

The statistics are plain to see and you can see from the video evidence of each game.

Are the club addressing this and how ?

Then we are not silent and a response will be in the media, just like they do.

Only ours is justified !!

Would be unfair to put the manager in that position.

The yahoos are quite a cynical team in actual fact.

They get men forward very quickly which can leave them exposed if they lose possession.
They then tend to stop the game with a deliberate foul allowing them to regroup.

Which makes the ‘no yellows’ fact all the more remarkable

I'd like to see our players surrounding the ref after every single challenge at the weekend.

Lets buck the trend.

A wee example tonight...Abada dives in the penalty box,zilch
,nothing and not even a replay or comment.

Referee - Collum,
Jota feigned injury and collapsed at the merest touch at the weekend. Result was a free kick which led to the scoring! Should have been booked for diving.

We had 4 yellow cards on the first game of the season, they’ve had about 4 in all games so far including the cup game last night and they are the ones with a petition about a ref

Bottom line is referees are to scared of the repercussions to give decisions against them

Subconsciously though not deliberate cheating

Result of an aggressive Pr campaign and our poor media strategy

Surprised its only 3 games.

So they are not getting booked for every tactical foul but Rangers can get a red for similar.

The other point is that its not just about the cards they get its the way the opposition set up. These teams are clearly well warned about how quickly the refs going for cards if the foul is on a tim so the physical aggression is taken out of most of their matches.

It makes playing nice football and running up a cricket score possible. I am not sure i agree that the league cannot come down to goal difference.

Not suggesting anyone from the Rangers side should speak about their games but Gio has to be stunned by what he sees when watching our rivals. Theres such a huge difference in the refereeing tactics and how the laws are applied in both sides fixtures. We are still going on about crap refs and a poor standard, it is absolute bollocks there is no bad refs, its bias.

As ive said plenty of times there is a reason no one on their side moans about match officials any longer.

Walsh will book Lundstram for his first tackle on Saturday. Watch Provo after Provo commit fouls and nothing happens. Walsh needs targeted by our players letting him know he’s cheating scum.

This is exactly what happened at the Old Firm at Ibrox late last season.

Starfelt got away with 5 or 6, a few others with cynical fouls too. Lundstram got booked for his first tackle.

They don't want fairness in the game. They want the game fixed in their favour.
It is odd i dont want to win that way and i doubt anyone on our side would, then again we will never know what its like and will be delighted just to get back to the days when bias wasnt such a huge part of refereeing.
i hate the pseudo psychology crap on here, it's cheating.
You could maybe understand a ref bottling a decision like a penalty but when it comes to the cards its clearly part of the tactics and something the ref decides before he goes out on the park.

I would guess its part of training or at least advice every ref is given if you want to stay at the top and avoid any negative press.

Not even a harsh one , or even as the mhedia call it a genuine mistake ..which only seem to happen to us..? Bet you they weren't even spoken to....This will be why the bheasts have started their petition, to deflect , as they've been awfy quiet when its going their way .....

How many of those fouls do you think should’ve been yellow cards, OP?
How many times have you been to a game and there are tackles flying in from the opposition ( not just the bheasts )with no bookings but as soon as we commit a similar tackle ( not even a foul ) the referee can't get his card out quick enough . ? Time and time again the first player booked is a Rangers player , dozens of times you say to your mate beside you " watch this , next foul we commit it'll be a yellow.. " you know the rest. It's been happening since Bishopbriggs was a choirbhoy.

Last edited:
In no way saying these are all bookings but I think the first is at least a yellow. Collum looking right at it and didn't even give a foul.
The Abada dive is preceded by McGregor throwing himself to the ground too. As did Giakamakus all night. They dive all the time and I can't remember them getting a yellow in the past few seasons.
The Ralston one, on a different day for a different team could be a yellow.
The point is they get away with this pretty much all the time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That elbow is pretty scandalous Ed, and much worse than Morelos red at Easter Rd.

Of course, the same referee.

Unless memories are playing tricks on me I’m sure Scot browns disciplinary record in Europe or playing fir Scotland was different than his domestic record. Compare the press reaction to brown’s antics to Morelos’
Brown and Clancy’s show at Pittodrie should have got Brown done by Compliance and Clancy sent to ref U9’s

Thst game won the mentally challengeds the league

Brown and Clancy’s show at Pittodrie should have got Brown done by Compliance and Clancy sent to ref U9’s

Thst game won the mentally challengeds the league
Clancy, his two linesman and the 4th official should've all been sacked after 29th December 2019, werent we told only match fixing is worse than 'tax issues'. Here we have a team of officials hell bent on influencing a game, somehow we won but as Pittodrie shows we wont always win.

He's a cheat and shouldnt be involved in football at any level, id add in his officials at piggery and pittodrie as they were compliant.

if you watch the scums first goal from last night.celtic player clearly has both arms around the ross county players waist stopping him getting to the ball.no foul given goal given.we really should hire someone to go over ours and their game every week and start speaking out because its not going to stop.

And started a petition to change the referee this weekend. I can’t cope with this madness hahaha. Refs are against them for sure. That must be a Scottish domestic record. Three matches no bookings.
And started a petition to change the referee this weekend. I can’t cope with this madness hahaha. Refs are against them for sure. That must be a Scottish domestic record. Three matches no bookings.
That’s just an indication of how much constant referee intimidation works for them. They’ve pulled an absolute blinder at their AGM and getting cheerleaders like Hartson to play to the gallery.

The piggery scum actually believe that they won the League last year because they were the best team. They have an edge over everyone else because of intimidated refs. The ref strike ended any fairness in Scottish football.
Fairness was done before that. The supposed tour of Japan was before that strike.

Huge part of thier game is tactical fouling high up the pitch so it's difficult to understand how they could have avoided the odd booking.

Thier back line is rarely tested because they press high and hard and if that fails they foul then re group.

One reason they will lose record goals in the champions league groups because they won't get away.

We need to be smarter about it this season. A player from minute one on at the referee about thier fouling.

If we were smart about it the club would get the conversation started in the media to add a bit of pressure on refs to get the card out.
This all day long.
Those of us old enough to remember Alex Ferguson’s Aberdeen or Jim McLeans Dundee United will recognise the tactic, attack in numbers but if you lose the ball impede your immediate opponent: you don’t have to trip him or pull him, just take a half step into his path and obstruct him to slow him down.
This is particularly relevant when quick players face their slower defenders.

Domestically, Referees will seldom book players for simple non aggressive obstruction and, as Celtc prove, will very rarely book an individual for an accumulation of fouls by the team.
In Europe the Refs tend to act a bit more.

Last edited:
Surprised its only 3 games.

So they are not getting booked for every tactical foul but Rangers can get a red for similar.

The other point is that its not just about the cards they get its the way the opposition set up. These teams are clearly well warned about how quickly the refs going for cards if the foul is on a tim so the physical aggression is taken out of most of their matches.

It makes playing nice football and running up a cricket score possible. I am not sure i agree that the league cannot come down to goal difference.

Not suggesting anyone from the Rangers side should speak about their games but Gio has to be stunned by what he sees when watching our rivals. Theres such a huge difference in the refereeing tactics and how the laws are applied in both sides fixtures. We are still going on about crap refs and a poor standard, it is absolute bollocks there is no bad refs, its bias.

As ive said plenty of times there is a reason no one on their side moans about match officials any longer.
Yep, bias and cheating. It’s deliberate, not accidental.

Commented in another thread but probably here is a better place for the discussion.

I hope Rangers officials are collating evidence about the lack of bookings to take to UEFA or even to FIFA. it's clear that the SFA aren't going to take any action so we really need to present our case to those at the highest levels. Nothing but the facts of course.

Back