Have we been conditioned to expect an underwhelming appointment?

I don’t believe there has been no contact. Not for a second. Sorry

Don’t apologise. You can choose to believe or disbelieve what you want.

I don’t believe the clubs are colluding because they’re going to give us a half price bumper deal to dupe their stupid fans into being happy he joined us two weeks after he left them.

Don’t apologise. You can choose to believe or disbelieve what you want.

I don’t believe the clubs are colluding because they’re going to give us a half price bumper deal to dupe their stupid fans into being happy he joined us two weeks after he left them.

I also don’t know how you can demand RFC goes for the double whammy and simultaneously not see why AFC would wish to prevent that happening. You also think McInnes will ultimately end up at RFC. I agree, but something is delaying that and I really struggle with the idea that it’s another candidate or a boardroom split. The latter would be the most incredible dysfunction, even in our recent history.

Agree to disagree? :)

Shota hasn't won anything. Berg won the polish league with Legia. Then there's FDB of course.

Frank de Boer has a better CV than numerous managers rumoured/linked with the job, but that doesn’t make him he best candidate for the job.

I don’t believe for one minute that the support would be willing to give him the time or show the patience required to do it his way. His philosophy is a long way away from what we require right now. There are question marks over his man management skills, ability to make changes, learn from mistakes. lack of plan b when it’s not going his way. His football is seen as entertaining until he’s found out and then it becomes one dimensional, stubborn and predictable. All sounds quite familiar.

Michael Preud’homme has a better CV than a Pardew or McInnes, that doesn’t make him a better pick than those two. I’m not sure if he’d be able to handle the pressure up here, the attitude towards him from the media, the fact he’s a few poor results away from a crisis. Not long ago he was needing a break after 40 odd years in football.

GvB has probably won a more prestigious trophy than Pardew, I’d have Pardew over him every day of the week.

McClaren has a better CV over a Karanka, Bilic, O’Neill, Coleman and McInnes.

McClaren also boasts a better CV than Sean Dyche and although we can’t afford or attract (using this as an example) the Ginger Mourinho, he’s by far a better option.

So, it’s not just about who’s got the best CV as in our case the men in for the job are of a mediocre standard and will probably never land a top job in one of the top leagues.

I also don’t know how you can demand RFC goes for the double whammy and simultaneously not see why AFC would wish to prevent that happening. You also think McInnes will ultimately end up at RFC. I agree, but something is delaying that and I really struggle with the idea that it’s another candidate or a boardroom split. The latter would be the most incredible dysfunction, even in our recent history.

Agree to disagree? :)

Absolutely. I think Aberdeen would want to stop it. I just don’t think such a deal as described would be the approach.

I think the truth is simply as unpalatable as you have described it.

Agree to disagree though :)

Back