Have we ever had a player sign a pre-contract elsewhere

If I remember correctly he didn't have such a good final season with us
He wasn’t great. Well below par. If I remember correctly Murray stopped him going at the end of 9 so he probably resented being there to some degree. I saw a few barnies in the west enclosure over Laudrup that season

Aye, so we did. Am I right in remembering that this had been common knowledge for a good while before Gio left, that he was leaving for Arsenal?

Not sure if we knew he was going to Arsenal mate , but I know that Gio stated early on in his Rangers career that he was coming to Ibrox as a stepping stone to go to the Premiership.

I was always easy with his honesty in his intentions but was still gutted when he left.

My memory may be failing but I think he was willing to sign a new deal but after Le Guen was announced he was asked about him and said something along lines of he wasn't bothered if he stayed or not.

He said on Heart and Hand that he met with Schalke and was told what his wage would be.

He then excused himself to the toilet and phoned Martin Bain, telling him he’d stay at rangers if they could get anywhere near what Schalke were offering. Bain refused so he went to Germany.

Back