Have we unearthed an absolute gem in big " Atomic "

LenzieLoyal

Official Ticketer
The Big Man's first goal for Rangers yesterday was an absolute stonker! The second is something you cannot teach, being in the right place at the right time.

It's fair to say that some of the Doubting Thomas's here on Follow Follow had already written the big guy off - how wrong were they? " Clamped a peach " as Kevin Bridges would put it. :))

I hope the Ibrox DJ has Blondie on autocue every time the big man blasts in a screamer as he rocks Ibrox to the core.

CHOON!!!!

The Big Man's first goal for Rangers yesterday was an absolute stonker! The second is something you cannot teach, being in the right place at the right time.

It's fair to say that some of the Doubting Thomas's here on Follow Follow had already written the big guy off - how wrong were they? " Clamped a peach " as Kevin Bridges would put it. :))

I hope the Ibrox DJ has Blondie on autocue every time the big man blasts in a screamer as he rocks Ibrox to the core.

CHOON!!!!

Last week people were calling him shite.

CHOON!!!!

How could anyone write him off this early?

He's came from another country, is relatively young, hasnt had a run in the team plus for good measure has to fit in with the ultra weirdness of no fans in stadiums in the midst of the covid hysteria.

Mental.

Last edited:
How could anyone write him off this early?

He's came for another country, is relatively young, hasnt had a run in the team plus for good measure has to fit in with the ultra weirdness of no fans in stadiums in the midst of the covid hysteria.

Mental.
There is a wee clique on twitter who think they know more than our management team and had decided he was shite on "first impressions". They are a bunch of fcuking idiots.

CHOON!!!!
I am one of the doubters you refer too I was pleased for him yesterday and at last he has shown a glimpse of promise but that is all it is. He now has to build on this and prove he can be the player we all want him to be. However 2 goals in a game where we are already 3 up and cruising is not the game to judge him let’s wait and see if he can do it in big games at big times and do it consistently that’s the proof of the pudding but yesterday was a start and hopefully he now goes from strength to strength and prove me wrong

I don't know what's worse, the folk saying he was shîte before yesterday or the folk asking if we've unearthed an absolute gem after his first couple of goals

Can we not just give the guy some room to breathe and see how he gets on! :))

I think that is the best course to take.

His 2 goals will have done the lads confidence a World of good, make him feel as though he is now contributing.

As long as Alfie is here he, IMHO, will be 3rd choice so playing time might be limited this season. However the lad gives the impression he knows where the goals are so a good sub to have when needed.

Last edited:
Know only too well not to judge a player based on a few matches. Even some of the best players in the world I've seen look average in a couple of matches I've watched.
Itten does look decent and there's potential there. Let's hope he scores and plays well in his next match or people will be telling us he's a dud again and " not the standard required "

CHOON!!!!
One swallow does not a summer make, but it was good to see him get off the mark.

CHOON!!!!

Atomic Itten :))

Love it;)

Had a good run out - impressed, got involved, drifted out wide, dropped deep, held the ball up, made space inside the box for himself.

Cracking first, instinctive second, drilled a great ball across their 6 yard line that no one gambled on.

Absolutely ridiculous that he was written off yet no need to go over the top after yesterday.

He's been fine up until yesterday, he took his performances up a level and bagged a brace (off the mark).

Itten continues to settle, kick on and he will be a player for us.

Delighted with him yesterday.

First goal was a cracking one but the second impressed me more, it wasn't just about being in the right place it was how quickly he reacts. His boot had already hit the ball before the defenders had even registered it was there to hit. Let's hope this is the start of many goals for him.

Spot on.

The big man had it in the rigging before anyone else had a sniff.

Like Alfredo, he looks a bit rough round the edges at times. But like buffI think he will make an impact on games

He offers a threat in the air which is different.

Bassey, Itten and Balogun all offer different options......my criticism of SG in the last two seasons is that he filled the squad with silmiar type players

tenor.gif

Walker and crocker kept pronouncing his name as "eatin" annoyed me more than it should.
You see, I’m thinking that must be right because yeno.... it’s their job to know this stuff. But then again, it’s they clowns and I’m not sure if anyone else calls him that.

I don't know what's worse, the folk saying he was shîte before yesterday or the folk asking if we've unearthed an absolute gem after his first couple of goals

Can we not just give the guy some room to breathe and see how he gets on! :))

Are you new to FF ? Such a sensible rational approach has no place on here. I do agree with you, but be warned it will never catch on.

Back