Have we unearthed an absolute gem in big " Atomic "

How could anyone write him off this early?

He's came from another country, is relatively young, hasnt had a run in the team plus for good measure has to fit in with the ultra weirdness of no fans in stadiums in the midst of the covid hysteria.

Mental.
And was injured - out for 2 or 3 weeks !

Would love to see Morelos and Itten together with

Kent on the left and Joneson the right but not sure Jack and Kamara is enough to shield the defence

Like Alfredo, he looks a bit rough round the edges at times. But like buffI think he will make an impact on games

He offers a threat in the air which is different.

Bassey, Itten and Balogun all offer different options......my criticism of SG in the last two seasons is that he filled the squad with silmiar type players

The one thing more than any other I’d say about our management team is they know how to develop young players.

Morelos, Kent, Aribo, even Bassey has improved in the last three months.

They will have a plan for Itten to develop too & he seems the type to listen & learn.

Like Alfredo, he looks a bit rough round the edges at times. But like buffI think he will make an impact on games

He offers a threat in the air which is different.

Bassey, Itten and Balogun all offer different options......my criticism of SG in the last two seasons is that he filled the squad with silmiar type players
When you look at the upgrades from what we had the last few years:
Bassey has effectively replaced Flannagan/Halliday
Balogun... Worral maybe?
Itten... the closest thing on the books was maybe Rudden even if he was out on loan
Roofe... Ojo?
Massive difference.

The Big Man's first goal for Rangers yesterday was an absolute stonker! The second is something you cannot teach, being in the right place at the right time.

It's fair to say that some of the Doubting Thomas's here on Follow Follow had already written the big guy off - how wrong were they? " Clamped a peach " as Kevin Bridges would put it. :))

I hope the Ibrox DJ has Blondie on autocue every time the big man blasts in a screamer as he rocks Ibrox to the core.

CHOON!!!!
Sounds like your smitten by Itten Atomic Itten. :))

He's scored two goals.
Much as I have been against writing him off as others have done it's likewise too early to be hailing the new messiah.

He has a decent record elsewhere, is clearly capable of scoring at a decent level, but has had a slow start so far to his Rangers career largely due to his limited game time.

I am optimistic about the big man but let's not go OTT, either with praise or criticism, just yet. Let's give the guy a chance.

Seen too many over the years written off too soon and others built up only to subsequently flop.

It's early days yet with Itten lets get behind him and see what he delivers - hopefully 55 (nae pressure big man :)) )

Atomic Itten.
BUMBV3N.gif

Zero to hero in 5 minutes.

Like Kamberi vs St Johnstone.

Classic FF kneejerk on a small sample size.

Lets review in January when more data is available.
Exactly. I wasn’t overly worried when he made a slow start and I’m not overly excited now.
Let’s wait and see how he does given a proper chance with plenty of starts and then reassess him.

It’s boom or bust on here, no in between.

The more I watch his first goal the better it is. To score from there, after receiving the ball with his back to the goal, shows a real touch of class.

Two good, and totally different goals. Both giving us a glimpse of what he's capable of.

Personally I think he was bought knowing he'd need time, let's face it if he was the finished article he'd have cost a lot more! Working with Defoe and Roofe will help him a lot.

I think he'll be just fine, but we may not see the real him until next season, which is fine. The potential is clearly there.

Also, loved the other players reaction to him both on the pitch and on social media last night. Clearly a popular guy.

Hope he gets more minutes, and more goals, next weekend. Seems like the ideal game to get him involved in.

Last week people were calling him shite.

this is the natural order of things on FF.

last week after hibs game we were shite,players were shite, mentality was soft, management team never had it in them.

after beating a poor motherwell team we are now going to skoosh the league, our players are miles better than mentally challengeds, were going to take 4 or 5 off them in a few weeks, players are mentally stronger and our management team are tactical geniuses.

the truth as always is somewhere in between, there is very little between the sides and could go either way, we arguably have the strongest starting 11, Not much between the squads now but understandably they have a winning mentality and ability to grind out results when not playing to best of their ability.

we are not going to blow the mentally challengeds away and people need to get it out there heads saying they will implode.

however we now should have enough about us at last to challenge for the league until the end but it will take a monumental effort to win this league, this year especially.

The Atomic patter is pish sounds like a record headline.

The player is a different matter, Could see during the other games flashes of his touch and control, He’s got all the tools let’s see if he kicks on as if he does he will be a star for us.

I think FF has the tendency to be a bit up and down with reactions, with every bout of mania comes the depression. Best to toe the line, give it time and then make an informed decision. Imo he does look like a very good prospect who is capable of bringing a lot of different attributes to the team.

Back