Have you ever been to a game involving them not against us?

Been to a few, my dad was involved with refereeing for many years and I attended a few matches with him at Parkhead. Last one was in the Chairman’s suite alongside Rod Stewart, John Reid and Peter Lieswell amongst others. Good food!

Was involved in Falkirk youth set up about 10 years ago now. They were playing Celtic and we'd been invited along to watch, basically to fill the stadium.

There was a set of double doors separating them from us on the concourse. Arseholes tried to breach it a couple of times. Interrupted my getting a pie at half time.

That was the only time I've seen a game involving them and not against us.

Played against their youth teams a couple times.

I'm shite at football though tbh, so wasn't a good time for me.

Released by Falkirk and Alloa, called it a day.

Seen Birmingham smash the living f*ck out of them in 1975.
In the light of what happened down there 12 months previous, any of the c*nts were lucky to get out alive.

J421 KRO WATP

83 ish at Douglas Park. About half a dozen of us schoolboys supporting Accies In a ground full of mhanks. Hamilton scored first, we cheered and they kicked and spat on us.

A 0-0 draw in a league cup tie at the piggery v Brechin city in the 80s

1985 Scottish Cup final v Dundee United. Went with a lad who lived in our street as we both went to Accies games together. Got in free after a crush at the gate. There were no tickets on the day. Also got on the bus which was run by a guy 2 doors down. When they stuck on the tape my 14yo mind soon discovered what a bunch of sectarian hypocrites these people were.

3 more. Got a mate who lived down south for a few years and when he came back at Christmas/ New year in the early 90s we would take in a game. Given geography and weather it was either us, them or Queen’s Park. Saw them draw with hearts which was great (old parkhead) and also saw a 1-0 defeat of Motherwell in the new shit pit. The last one I remember that we had tickets for the very back row of the new stand and thinking you wouldn’t want to have a limp or unsteady footing. Also loads of beams painted yellow and a concrete finish inside….cheap as %^*&

2011cup final v motherwell. Got freebies from Queen’s Park as my son played for QP community team at the time and was a mascot. They had a wee tourney for the kids teams pre match with 7s teams from Celtic, Motherwell and QP. Highlight was the 8yo’s from QP booing the Celtic mascot

We are friends with a family from The Midlands,all Wolves Season ticket holders.
Wolves were playing a preseason friendly v the tims at Sharkhead in 2011 and asked us if we would go with them to the Wolves end as they were a bit unsure about going to the piggery.
We went along quite early and they wanted to take a walk round the “stadium”.
I have never seen so many weirdos as we walked round,the tims were quite hostile when they saw the Wolves colours.
The travelling Wolves fans were giving it large with GSTQ and the tims were going mental,
trying to get in to the away support.They were also fighting amongst themselves in the stands.
Always remember that in the match programme there was a two page spread about the Irish Potato Famine :confused:
Still to this day they all talk about how much they hate celtic.
Wolves won the game 2-0 :D

May 7th 1997

While we were winning NIAR at Tannadice, I was working at the piggery.

As the crowd was pretty low, I was allowed to just go and watch the game.

Hamburg at the piggery for me the Glaswegian was bouncing before the game and the tims seemed a bit upset with the singing and the flags at the game.

In 2019 our friends from Portugal and their two boys came over to spend a week on holiday with us. As it was Scottish Cup semi weekend and we had been papped out already, there was no Rangers game to take them to. I still wanted to take them to a big game as their team back in Portugal usually get 1-2k fans at a game so it would be something different for them. Unfortunately the biggest game that week was the cup semi between "them" and the sheep botherers, so I held my breath and bought tickets for us in the Aberdeen end.

We were close to the partition between both sets of fans so there was a decent bit of noise and banter which had the boys half scared, half mesmerised by it as it was nothing like the games they attend back home. Afterwards, my mate and the 2 boys all said it was the best football game they'd ever been to so I was happy I took them, even though it wasn't really an enjoyable experience for me.

I did also take them a tour of Ibrox whilst they were here so hopefully that gets me some staunch points back for this very unstaunch post :(

Yes, champions league game at the San Giro when they played AC Milan, was via a work junket thing. Full complimentary evening, dinner/drinks etc, ended up sat at a table with Alex McLeish so spent the evening speaking to him about football, he was one of my hero's as a child growing up.

Think it was the game the fan ran on to the pitch and attacked the goalie Dida, iirc.

Only once!
In the 70's I was persuaded by my then flatmate who was an Aberdeen supporter to go with him to Parkhead to watch them play celtc (Aberdeen end obviously).
Somehow Aberdeen won and we headed back to our local, Neesons on Alison Street where he was the token Dons supporter and I was the token bluenose.
We obviously kept the celebrations low key but later on in the evening somehow Simply The Best got played and after 7 or 8 pints of The Protestant Porter I concluded the song with a very loud FTP!
Not my most sensible decision as I got 50 shades of shite kicked out of me!
My conclusion?.....going to watch celtc is hazardous to a chaps mental and physical wellbeing!
;)
The song wasn't released until 1989 unless I've missed some joke.

My first ever 1st Division game when following Elgin City in the Highland League.

Was a league cup game against Aberdeen, taken to Pittodrie by a friend and his father, ended 0 - 0.

Once, many moons ago, as a boy. Friendly v Chelsea, needless to say, I never went near the place again unless we were involved.

Workmate had a season ticket for Tynecastle & gave me it for the game against the tramps.
Cant remember much about it but it think it was the one they were howking gobbers and racial abuse at him in the car park

Saw them play Brisbane Roar in a friendly in Brisbane 2009. Was only 16 at the time and got absolute pelters for wearing my Gers top as you’d imagine. Shite game and the Aussies tims were insufferable.

Cappielow with my granda when younger (about 7yr old, 1977).
Also around 97-98 when I drove local club to games. The guy that was bus convener stayed above me when younger, said over mic the driver was 'an orange bastard' but he a good one. Gave me spare ticket. Watch half the game then fucked off back to bus. Drove them home, not a penny off them, so dropped em all back at club and got told afterwards I wasn't to drive them again. (probably something to do with blasting 'hijack pope mobile' as I closed doors and drove away)

Yes, once. My uncle (who supports them) took me to a game when I was a teenager. Really, really odd experience.

Nottingham Forrest at the sty EC forrest won 1-0 on the night to put them out

St Mirren at hampden SC semi they beat St Mirren 1-0

Me and my mate decided on the day to go to the piggery after work to watch them play Nottingham Forest in the UEFA Cup in '83, it was a fuckin freezin night but happily the yahoos got pumped out.

We live in Fife so took the wee lad to Raith vs them in the League Cup Final when it was played at Ibrox, cracking day out obviously given the result B-)

Went to an Aberdeen final at Hampden way back in the 70's and also a Falkirk game at the old Brockville. Aberdeen and Falkirk both won. Maybe I should go more often :)

My mum wants Rangers to win every week and can't stand Celtic or Aberdeen. However when Caley Thistle were promoted and were using Pittodrie me and her would head through to a few Caley games as she had a soft spot for them.

Was at the game when Lennon conned the ref and got Jaunjo sent off, I genuinely had to hold my mum back from running in the pitch, a moment I was both proud and embarrassed at my mum at the same time.

Only once!
In the 70's I was persuaded by my then flatmate who was an Aberdeen supporter to go with him to Parkhead to watch them play celtc (Aberdeen end obviously).
Somehow Aberdeen won and we headed back to our local, Neesons on Alison Street where he was the token Dons supporter and I was the token bluenose.
We obviously kept the celebrations low key but later on in the evening somehow Simply The Best got played and after 7 or 8 pints of The Protestant Porter I concluded the song with a very loud FTP!
Not my most sensible decision as I got 50 shades of shite kicked out of me!
My conclusion?.....going to watch celtc is hazardous to a chaps mental and physical wellbeing!
;)
I used to drink in Paddy Neesons in the late 60's and early 70's. Used to be a 50/50 split between the two factions and not any trouble. As the years rolled by more Irish immigrants moved into the area and the pub changed but as I remember the Irish more likely fought with themselves! I went to a few games involving Celtic and not Rangers, the biggest being against Leeds in the European Cup semi-final at Hampden. I will have to admit I half supported Celtic such was the English superior sneering attitude. Glad to see them beat in the final against Feyenoord though:).

Yes way back in the late 60,s early 70,s along with a few other Gers fans to see our old school mate Danny McGrain make his debut,s for Celtic reserves first,then 1st team and in Europe.

Yes, the Coca-Cola cup final v Raith Rovers at Ibrox. In the Govan stand with my mate and their neighbour who was a huge Rovers fan. It was a quite marvellous day out :))

Long time ago v man City think it was at hampden why do they seem to play there was only a lad can't recall why I was there didnt feel right may have ended 2-2 early 70s

Never been to a Celtic match apart from v Us.

If I take my Old Firm specks off and put on my Groundhopper specks I can honestly say I never even thought about the massive iconic club in the East End ..it’s like they don’t exist.

I’ve been in the company of old Celtic fans in Glasgow pubs who’ve told tales of the old days and I’ve enjoyed the stories of the old terraces, famous nights, carry outs and pissing where you stand etc but I’d never darken it’s door.

1. Wouldn’t support them financially in anyway.

2. If someone recognised me ..or asked too many questions when they heard my Belfast accent.,

Had the bosses over from France and some Tim in the office bought tickets for them vs Lyon with the company money. Mix group of about 20 of us went to game to chaperon the boss, sat in very back row Rangers end so could at least see Ibrox. Was shitting it in case they won as could not stand it. Lyon won 1-0, happy days seeing all the scum trudging out.

Yes and no. As a kid, my older brother took me to see them at home to Hibs. 2-0 Hibs with minutes to go, the ref takes about ten minutes to decide it was too foggy to finish the game.
So yes I've been, but the game didn't count.

Went with a few Italians I know to their game v Juve, as that Juve side in 2001 was one of my favourites.
They won 4-3, so a shit night.

I was at the Scottish cup final when they lost 3 - 1 to Aberdeen in the early 70's.

I was at Hamilton where the score was 1 - 1, Celtic scored a winner from a corner in the last minute, but it got chalked off as the ball went out of play then back in.

Lennon ran down the touchline celebrating, then looked gutted as he realised what happened. I laughed and cheered so much, the accies fans around me must have realised I was a bear.

A few years ago I organised and took the MILs husband to Tynecastle as he was a Jambo but had MND. It was his last chance to go before the disease made it impossible. Unfortunately we were positioned not far along from the filth so had to listen to their song book as they won something like 4 nil. But Mike loved it and I can still remember him sitting contentedly watching his team with the sun in his face. He died this year.

1985? I think Celtic vs Dynamo Kiev.
Kiev had a really good team and got 2 tickets hoping to see Celtic skelped.
In their main stand, jumped up when Kiev scored.
Had to come up with a fast excuse of why we had jumped up.

The one that always sticks in the mind was them against Partick Thistle at Firhill in the early ‘80s.

My mate was a Thistle fan and asked me along (we were away and my mother didn’t allow me to travel particularly far for games - I was 13) so I agreed.

On the way we bumped into this older kid called McGarry, who claimed to be a Rangers fan but struggled to name more than 6 or 7 players in the team.

He invited himself along and the three of us stood in the terracing behind the goal nominally reserved for home fans, but as there were never enough of them, it was pretty much overrun by the Green & Grey.

Anyway, the Yahoos won easily and with maybe 2 or 3 minutes left we decided to head.

At which point McGarry suddenly shouts, “Get it up yeez, ya f*nian bastards!” before pushing past us up the slope towards the exit.

Several Yahoos then sprinted into action in pursuit prompting us to bolt out of the ground in a panic while McGarry pissed himself laughing halfway down Maryhill Road.

Seen them play Clydebank (my local team) at Kilbowie, can't remember the score.
Edit Just checked, the Bankies won 3-2.
I went along to that as well. Gerry Colgan scored the winner. 1978
Watched them vs Hibs at the crime scene as my eldest brother liked Hibs at the time???. Horrible experience.
Also cup game vs St Mirren at Love St. Massive crowd outside with no queues as such. Truly horrendous experience being in amongst them at close quarters.

Nope.

Only non-Gers game I've been to was Motherwell v Hearts at Fir Park in 2004, I think. Motherwell won 2-0 and one of their goals was a belter of a volley from a corner.

Yeah went to Hampden 1st November 1967 for the world club championship against Racing club, can not remember why I went though first and only time.

I went to the Jock Stein testimonial against Liverpool in August 1978.

Why?

I was still a bit of a Liverpool fan back then so I was going to see them, not the Beggars, though I did go with some pals who were Celtic supporters.

There were a few Rangers fans there, I remember one boy wearing a Rangers scarf getting involved in a fight with some of them.

My abiding memory of the evening was the Jungle giving Kenny Dalglish a particularly enthusiastic welcome back to Parkhead, with a rousing chorus of "Kenny's an Orange bastard".

But they don't write about that, do they?

I think 3 times.

The never to be forgotten League Cup Final in which they were horsed 4-1 by Thistle (my mate was a Thistle fan).

A Scottish Cup Final in which they won v Dundee Utd with Sir Water of Carmyle in the United team No idea or recollection of why I was there.

Finally went to a Hibs v them game at Easter Rd in the late 70s or early 80s.
Workmate was a staunch Hibee as were all his family and went with them. I remember there being a few scum in beside the Hibs fans & beside us & one of my mates brothers (who was a hard barsteward) turned round and absolutely melted this one tim for just being there. They beat a hasty retreat after this.

Back