Have you ever been to a game involving them not against us?

Back in the 60's it was not uncommon to go to each others European ties, from memory I remember going to a game during their 1967 European Cup run.
Mind you, it was a lot more affordable in those days, and pay at the gate too.

Nope.

I have been to a Partick Thistle v Stranraer game though. My mate played for Stranraer at the time so we got freebies. Only thing was, Derek Ferguson played for Thistle at the time and, about 20 minutes in and my mate and DF went in for a 50/50 with each other and my mate had to go off. After that, we were stuck at a fucking Partick Thistle v Stranraer game :D:D:D:D:D:D

Also used to go and see Colchester United play every other weekend when I lived in London and went through to Colchester every second weekend. Ibrox one weekend, Layer Rod the next.
I grew watching Stranraer and went to parkhead to see celtic v Stranraer in the Scottish cup 1988. Stranraer lost 1-0. Went to Ibrox to watch Rangers v Stranraer in 1989 and Rangers won 8-0.

Who was your mate?

Yes, I watched helicopter Sunday from Fir Park players lounge as I was working. Ran up the tunnel when heard the cheers go up for McDonald scored today see things unfold.

Also had the pleasure of standing in the tunnel and seeing them all come into the changing rooms including a fight breaking out where Balde landed one in Lennon.

Yes. I'll guess 84 or 85. Supporting the Arabs at parkhead. I was only 14 or 15. Me and ma Da. DUFC won 3-1. It was winter so I'll guess the Rangers game was off that day?
Just paid at the turnstiles of the Rangers End.

Yes, I watched helicopter Sunday from Fir Park players lounge as I was working. Ran up the tunnel when heard the cheers go up for McDonald scored today see things unfold.

Also had the pleasure of standing in the tunnel and seeing them all come into the changing rooms including a fight breaking out where Balde landed one in Lennon.

Tell us more

Yep, used to enjoy Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts give them an occasional slap in the early 80’s if Rangers were away. I was there the day Strachan got banjoed.

Would love to do it if it was Hamburg or Ajax they were playing. It would be an eventful night B-D

I’ve told that one before mate.

Lot of their players were arguing in the tunnel. Lennon was calling out different ones swearing etc and Balde didn’t like it and landed a punch on him. It then carried into the dressing room behind closed doors.
Wonderful

Bank of Bobo then prevailed I guess

More than I’d like - my old man is a Bheggar and when I was a youngster the deal was that he would take me to Ibrox as long as we went to Celtic matches too…. so I saw a lot of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd & Hearts in Glasgow during the late 80s/early 90s.

Only non-Rangers Scottish game I've been to was Hearts v St Johnstone in 2012. My mate had a spare season ticket and asked me to go. It was a week or so before they battered Hibs in the Scottish Cup final. All I can really remember was Derek Riordan coming on for St Johnstone and being fat and shite.

Was there when Airdrie knocked the scum out of the League Cup in 1998. One of the first ever games at Airdrie's stadium. Great night.

Also vs Airdrie at the Piggery in the Scottish Cup about three years ago. The game where Yahoo cowards were attacking women and children outside the stadium and that prick "Magwa" was lifted for assaulting a police horse. Absolute filth.

Went to see Hearts play them and had a ball as Austin McCann smashed one past big Rab......

Leeds, Ajax (at Hampden) Athletic Madrid, Liverpool (at Celtic Park) Killie at Rugby Park a few times

Just once, my uncle took me to a Youth Cup final between them and Aberdeen at McDiarmid Park when I was 6/7.

Think Maloney, Marshall, McManus all featured. Can’t remember much of the game.

My grandfather, an Ayr United season ticket holder, took me to their league cup semi final replay v them. Think it was in the late 60's. Don't remember much about it, to be honest.

First game I ever attended was a Celtic game.

1970 Scottish Cup Final, so I was nine. My aunt’s fiancé - to whom she is still married - was a Celtic supporter, but got tickets for the Aberdeen end, and bought me an Aberdeen rosette.

The crowd of 108,434 remains the biggest football crowd I’ve ever been in.

I had no idea Celtic were chasing back-to-back trebles. All I knew was Aberdeen won fairly comfortably, 3-1. And that suddenly Glasgow was full of Aberdeen fans.

Leaving Hampden, I taunted every Celtic supporter I saw. Oddly, my uncle never took me to a game again.

Yes, when I was younger I had the opportunity to go to hospitality.
The league was over and we were champions and it was a nice offer so I accepted.

Everything was perfectly pleasant until it came up in conversation that I was a bear.
Half the table carried on as normal, I assume they were regular functioning human beings but another 4 or 5 were demonstrably unhappy and then quite hostile afterwards.

I was 14/15 ffs.
Mutants.

I had grown men try to spit on me when they spotted my Rangers badge. I was 10 years of age at the time.

As teenagers me and my Thistle supporting mate climbed over the wall at Firhill in 1979 which ended 0-0.

Suited me just fine.

Was at Cliftonhill in 75 when Rovers played them off the park and undeservedly lost 1-0. Also was at the Eric Black hat trick game at the Piggery.

I was at Frank Beattie's testimonial at Rugby Park in 1971. Colin Stein and Willie Johnston played for Killie. A very young Kenny Dalglish scored 6 for them in a 7-2 win, which I thought was a bit off in a testimonial.

Travelled to Hampden on Ross County supporters bus - Got County at 14/1 to win 2 -0 , great day goading Shettleston harriers from the west terrace.

Was at the 1-1 Man City game against them. 2 goals in the 1st 10 minutes then an 80 minute borefest as both teams had nothing to play for. City had qualified & the scum were already out.
Been to a few Ross County & Ins Caley games against them when working up that way.

Late 80's or early 90's - my gran had a caravan at Sandylands in Saltcoats, which is adjacent to Saltcoats Victoria ground. There was a testamonial for someone and they sent down an XI, which included a young fat Baggio to play. In all fairness, he actually stood out. Can't remember the score, but I do remember booing them at every opportunity.

No first team games but think I went to one youth game at parkhead when I was 11.

Gerry Crainey scored, that's all I remember.

Yeah, once. Got free hospitality tickets to Sheep vs Puddle Drinkers. Was in the Richard Donald stand so near the away section and both sets of fans burst into "we hate Rangers more than you" well and truly rent free in the heads of both sets of scummy fans.

Was at tanadice few years ago in United end. Can’t for life of me remember score or result but I’m 83% positive that United won

Went to Arsenal v them when Mowbray was in charge in a qualifier for Europe. I was in the Club Level seats right next to the directors box and gave McGeady it stinking for about ten mins into the second half when the free pre match and half time booze kicked in. Was told to shut up a couple of times by a steward and noticed Alex Ferguson was laughing at me from about 10 seats away so i behaved myself for the rest of the game. The scum got humped as well

Loads of times. I was brought up in the Gallowgate they were the local team. I was a football daft a young lad and I had no qualms about going to Parkhead or Shawfield to watch games not involving us. I've even watched their reserve team playing Thistle and Arbroath.
You used to follow the scum? Or have I misinterpreted

Yes, I was born in Parkhead and stayed in Budden street right across from the ground, and in the late 50s and 60s sometimes used to walk across the road and get lifted over the turnstiles. Never thought much about it , though I was a Rangers fan from a mainly staunch family. No one ever said I was doing anything wrong. By the late 60s I understood their songs and the meaning and couldn’t stomach it any longer. Grew to detest their fans, but to be honest always had a soft spot for some of their players from that era like Lennox and Gemmell.
Was a season ticket holder at Ibrox for many years before emigrating to NZ in the 1980s. Rangers TV now a great blessing !
tbh reading FF and ‘Kerryfail’ I’m a bit sorry that the divide seems to have grown more bitter over the last ten years.

Your last sentence I wouldn’t be one bit sorry. I grew up being taught to hate them! I know maybe in Scotland (especially in smaller towns outside Glasgow) things aren’t as bitter but over here in Northern Ireland every last one of them here are bitter as hell, and I for one don’t talk or deal with any of them, only ever if it’s through work, and even then it’s only work related and no friendly chat!

Maybe that’s wrong of me but I grew up as a kid not ever meeting one of them until I started work in my late teens early 20s! That’s how much the divide was for me. Not one Celtic fan lived in my area growing up and not one went to my school

Once must have been about 76/77 our game was called off last minute and mate lived near pitches and when went back there his Dad a big thistle fan took us to Firhill. Only time he ever paid us into stand because he wouldn’t leave us alone against ‘them’!
Had to change out of my Rangers tracksuit first borrowed a pullover.

Should have gone to the Chelsea game as ST holder but £48 midweek and crazy time at work. Interesting night from the stories from my mates

My late Dad was in business in Munich when they played Bayern. The people who he was seeing were Bayern fans and took my Dad to the game.
Fortunately Bayern won and my dad was in the Bayern end chanting rangers at them.
My dad said It was dreadful having to be on close proximity with them on the hotel and having to keep his mouth shut.

Nope!

My Da used to do it at a time when it was normal to go with your pals to watch the other team if your team was playing away.

I must say that makes my Dad a better man than me though, as there’s no f*cking chance I’m watching them if it’s not against us!

I have never seen them except for playing The Famous Glasgow Rangers at Ibrox.

And I never will. And trust me I'm going to keep it that way. Doesn't earn me any extra staunch points, just never will.

Went wi a Patrick thistle mate to a league cup section game in late sixties, we were in main stand 6-0 to them at HT. Thistle scored midway through second half and I was up geein it laldy and my mate had to pull me back to my seat. Staunch eh?

Yes.
Probably mid 60's my Papa took me to Douglas Park as Accies was playing them.
Anyway i popped over to my Papa's house all ready to go, and he's like your not going to the game wearing that, I'm like what??? i was wearing my cap from the cubs,it was green with gold braiding.
I had to leave it in my grans.
Staunch Papa.lol

Back