Have you ever been to a game involving them not against us?

Yes quite a few:

Leeds United - European Cup
Leeds United - friendly
Hibernian - Drybrough Cup Final
Airdrie - Scottish Cup Final
Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final
Dunfermline - League game
Airdrie - League game
Benfica -European Cup
Kilmarnock - Scottish Cup semi
Dundee - Scottish or League Cup semi
Aberdeen - Scottish Cup Final.....

.....and others I can't remember at the moment.

Went to them against morton and Dundee in the 80s. My cousin and uncle being supporters of the dark side took me to the games to get me out my grannies for a few hours. Obviously I had my rangers shift on under my jacket each time!

Ive been to a few Airdrie v tims but best was March 91. League Cup and the Diamonds won tie on pens. Broomfield was bouncing section B going wild,happy days seeing tims getting beat

Hell no. I’d maybe go to a euro game involving Hamburg but even then it would be a stretch.

Yeah went to piggery in 85/86 season in the Hearts end when they were going for the league. Pretty similar songbook at the time to ours.

I can honestly say I’ve been to two.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.
Yes Hamburg , always remember being held back at the end of the game and the steward saying to my mate if you don’t put that fag out I’ll throw you out , he blow the smoke in his face and said yes please , the tit realised what he had said and made a quick exit to all our jeers and spot spot the looney ,

Wow, you must have been a bit of a fan in those days, how were you saved?
I was 10 years old at the time of the Dunferlime games, my father took me. No idea why he picked those games.
My son lives down south and has a ST for Liverpool, he decided not to come up and sent me 2 tickets, went down to the one they won at Anfield was not a great night. I had a ST for Liverpool as well as Rangers at one time, not been down for about 5 years.

Was at a Youth Cup Final game against St Mirren. My brother played for St Mirrens younger age group and got tickets.

Twice at Inverness Caley Thistle about 15 years ago through hospitality for the company I worked for at the time - 1st game was a 1-1 draw early in the season, and a couple of years later celtc beat them 2 or 3 - to 1, with the away support giving the full ira-oke for the entire 90 mins.

Was offered hospitality again in May 2011 but turned it down, and we all know how that one played out (think of TLRB skipping and kicking the water bottles :D )

Yep.
Saw us and them lose in the same day. Imagine I'm the only guy ever to do so in person.
:cool:
You underestimate your average crash barrier.....

As for the OP.
Airdrie v Celtic cup final with my dad's mate who was an Airdrie fan.
I thought Airdrie were winning it.
I was 14.
I was hoping for another Raith Rovers...

No , but I’ve watched the YouTube clip of when athletico madrid kicked the absolute shit out of them, if that counts … glorious viewing… Rats

Yes, went to the peadodome with a mate, Motherwell game, goram was in goals at the time, who wound them up at every occasion. I spent most of the match goading the filth fans while my mate was bricking it. Loved it.

My granda was a massive Falkirk fan and took my wee cousin every week, when he died in 1996 I took my wee cousin to their games for a few seasons until he was old enough to go with his mates.

Took him to the Scottish Cup semi and replay in 1997 at Ibrox, was sitting just a few seats away from my ST seat in the Copland rear on the Saturday and the Copland front for the replay.

I can honestly say I’ve been to two.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.
My memory might be playing tricks on me but think I was at some testimonial/ charity game at shettleston juniors against them. Bobby Russell playing for his old team? Early eighties I presume. Could be wrong

Walter admitted that he used to go and watch them sometimes.

Just so into football and determined to make it as a coach he absorbed as much as he could. No proper tv coverage back then.

Liverpool was my second team in the 70’ s and went to see them v Celtic for a friendly after Dalglish signed. Was rough , no segregation and we sung Rangers songs all the game. Was some weird incident after the game where a Celtic supporter attacked people on a bus with a sword.

My nephew played against them at under 15 for Hamilton Accies. His dad was standing next to me and his wife ( my sister) phoned him for an update and his ringtone played Follow Follow . That was amusing .

A few of my friends are big Celtic fans and I remember going to a game with them in the late 80s/early 90s at Parkhead. It was John Collins' debut, from memory. Too long ago to remember the score or opposition. I remember standing so must have been pre-all seater stadiums.

A few times. All involving Hearts as I have a few Jambo pals.

Most memorably the game John Wilson jumped over and tried to attack Lennon. Was as if a goal had been scored when the Hearts fans saw him! Thought that game would kick off tbh.

Another game in 2011 where Hearts won 2-0. Think Skacel scored the second got a hearts and the entire stand started doing the ‘huddle’. Those games used to be something else.

I went to a Hibs against Celtic match in early 1980 with a few mates, to see George Best play.

Other than Best, I couldn't name a single player who played that day for either side.

Slightly off topic but I’m dropping my youngest (Copland season ticket holder) off at the piggery tomorrow at 11 to work in the hospitality, (that’s enough behind enemy lines for me:)), he’s doing Ibrox next week, the things 17 year olds will do for a Magaluf holiday with their mates next July:)

40 years ago when I was a teenager, went in with 20/30 mins to go to the away end (Rangers end) when they always opened the gates to let fans leave, they were playing Liverpool in a testimonial I think, it just didn’t feel right being there especially when some cunt shouted “he’s an orange bastard” left pronto :D

Once. My mate and his dad got some hospitality tickets so I ended up going along with them and another mate. He was a Newcastle fan and had not love of them either. Was against Aberdeen, round about 2002.

Off hand, I’d say about a dozen?
I suppose I should clarify that I’ve seen them 4 times, other than against Accies (and 1 v Rangers).

1 they won
1 they won on penalties
1 they drew
1 they lost

8 games v Accies is just a guess. I can recall 8, but it could be more.

I've never been to or really watched any match that we weren't playing in. It's got f##kall to do with trying to be staunch its more to do with that I actually don't like football as a whole. It may seem contradicting but I'm a Rangers fan not a football fan.

Yes, 1975 cup final v Airdrie who were my Grandas home town team. They won 3-1, Billy McNeill's last game.
I was there as well in a wee knot of Airdrie fans. Fabulous moment when Airdrie equalised.

I also saw them play Man City in the late 60’s at Hampdum. Terrible game 0-0

Studied in Edinburgh and got a ticket right next to them in the old hearts main stand. Was basically a sash bash topped of with Lennon getting a smack!

Back