Have you ever stood in their end

punk

When Terry Butcher signed for us I went down to London to see the Gers play Spurs, game ending in a draw. I have always had a soft spot for Arsenal so me and the mate stayed for their game against the Mhanks which ended in a 2 nil loss for the Gooners. We could only get in with the unwashed and it was bloody horrible. Has anyone else been unfortunate to be in with the filth?

Absolutely not.

I cant understand the mentality of anyone who would, even if we win it can't be enjoyable?

Never stood in their end but I would quite happily stand on their neck if the stink didn’t overpower me first.

Once many years ago in a cup tie when they played Morton...had an absolute lunatic in front of me who kept kissing his crucifix and making all sort of comments about blessed mary whilst swearing constantly.

Hated the whole experience.

Yes.

I lost a bet with my poet mate and the forfeit was to watch a reserve game in their end. It was not pleasant for all sorts of reasons.

If memory serves me right we won 1 v 0 and Bomber scored the goal.

I chose not to show how much I enjoyed the goal.

I had to do training at the scumhut . Was in the hostpitslity sectuons on a non match day . Was horrible .Couldnt do it almost their fans .

Been thrown out at Easter road and Tynecastle (twice) for being in the opposition end and attended in the away end and survived in many other grounds but never among that shower of shite. I would rather wipe my arse with a broken bottle than stand or sit in between those beasts.

I couldn't do it, had to walk through them one time to meet my mate at the Rangers end with my ticket, that was bad enough, early 90's.

Stood in the Jungle to watch us clinch a Treble in 93 :D

In their end in a European Cup match v Nottingham Forrest.
Wanted to see Forrest and the only ticket I could get was for the home end.
Loved feeling their pain as Forrest won the game 1-0

Wouldn’t even entertain the idea.
I remember my mum’s then boss getting my brother and I tickets for Rangers v St Mirren. The stupid twat got them for their section in the Broomie.
We had to move for not giving Rangers abuse when they scored. Both of us were basically threatened by a grown man. I was 15 and my brother was 12.

Went to a Them Vs Chelsea game at porkheed.

Ended up in the jungle , only a kid at the time .

Left early , lesson well and truly learned .

Scarred me for life:D

I was about 15 years old when my best pal's dad took us both to the Scottish Cup Final. Septic beat Dundee Hibs. Provan and McGarvey scored for them after Stuart Beedie had the other tims in front.

We did have the feeling that all their bile, and it was bile was directed towards us

It’s bad enough having to share a stadium with them 4 times a year! Honestly, absolutely no way I could stand or sit with them.

Hate to admit I done it as a 16 year old boy during their Hampden year. We got pumped 3-0 and i got spotted by a few scum supporting bams I knew. I couldn’t get out of there quick enough.

I've been in the home end of Dundee Utd and the spoon burners,I would never go in the east end mutants end.

Back in the 50s my Mother and my Aunt, one a Rangers supporter and the other a Motherwell fan, stood in with the Dhims at an Old Firm match. When Rangers scored they were ‘politely’ told to ‘f*ck aff name take yer knitting’.

Yip. We beat them 2-0 at Parkheid in 1991 (two goals from Mark Hateley iirc) and I was in their end. I loved every phuckin second of it as their pain and bitterness was a joy to behold.

Quite a few times when I was a lad...it was difficult to get tickets for the Rangers end.
My first was at the '69 cup final, me and my mate left at H-T :(
Never went in the scum end at the piggery but did so a few times at Ibrox where we always seemed to win, me and my mate stood static and nipped each other when we scored.

Would never do it today for sure.

When Terry Butcher signed for us I went down to London to see the Gers play Spurs, game ending in a draw. I have always had a soft spot for Arsenal so me and the mate stayed for their game against the Mhanks which ended in a 2 nil loss for the Gooners. We could only get in with the unwashed and it was bloody horrible. Has anyone else been unfortunate to be in with the filth?

No.

Sat in their Directors Box as a guest of a Celtic player the game The Goalie saved a last minute pen and Van Vossen missed more chances than I have ever witnessed in a game.

I sat on my hands behaved and bit my tongue. I was sitting next to John McGindlay of Bolton at the time and had to listen to some shite from round about, the Goalie saved the pen and I nearly hit the roof and on the way down he said he missed ya daft Kant to which I said I know that's why I'm celebrating, to say his face was a picture was an understatement, he then went on in the players lounge to tell me he was only getting excited and coming out with shite as it was only he second Derby he had been at. Too late to back track ya fud.

Only when we beat spoonburners in LCF mccoist overhead kick....never in amongst them no chance.

Present day I couldnae, they'd spot me a mile aff. I stayed up near duke street at the time.

When I was 14 I was in their end for about 20 mins (their dump) then went round to our end. That was 2nd hauf and they had opened the doors.

For the younger yins in the 60's & 70's they opened the doors so as tae avoid congestion.

Wouldn’t even entertain the idea.
I remember my mum’s then boss getting my brother and I tickets for Rangers v St Mirren. The stupid twat got them for their section in the Broomie.
We had to move for not giving Rangers abuse when they scored. Both of us were basically threatened by a grown man. I was 15 and my brother was 12.
Lad I worked with was a St Mirren fan, but wanted to experience Ibrox so I got him tickets for a random cup game. We played them in the league at Love Street a few weeks later and I couldn't get an away ticket so he returned the favour with an away end ticket. Absolute f*c king wankers, had everything from get the orange bastards in a body bag to %^*& the Hun scum, it was 1989 so I wasn't offended but fortunately it ended 0-0 because if we scored I think I would have lost it and probably got a kicking!

Yes as a young lad at Hampden in the first game of the Scottish Cup final in 1963 as that was the only place we could get in. When Ralph Brand scored I couldn't help but shout. I was with my older brother and his girlfriend and there were also a few pockets of other Rangers fans nearby. I was quickly hushed by my brother but nothing untoward happenned. Come the replay we were in our rightful place at the Mount Florid end on what was a fantastic night!

Done it at Leeds for the battle of Britain game,I think if we had celebrated that night when we scored we would have been murdered tbh

Couldnt bring myself to stand next to the tinks for 2 minutes never mind 90. Would need to be pressure washed after leaving their sides

Have done it at St Johnstone,Raith Rovers,Dundee Utd (Albertz sent off and we had to leave as we got rumbled) and Kilmarnock when we won the league .

Could never do it at the piggery,Pittodrie or Easter Rd

Once. And what a cracker it was!! Supercaleygoballisticcelticareattrocious was the headline afterwards.

Could hardly contain my delight amongst the smelly tramps.

Back