Have you ever stood in their end

yes in the late 80s early 90s, was not for long i could only get a ticket for jungle , waited about 5 mins into the ga before going to a steward, say you hurt yourself first aid then jump back into the Rangers end. 5 mins was too long,

also in utd end at tannadice we one the league, hardly any utd fans , only ended up in their as my pal only had utd end ticket, got him at blackford wouldn't stop whinging so i took his ticket, more likely no to stop a girl.

Last edited:
A wet miserable night in Feb 2000 myself and my (tim-supporting) cousin had intended to make the short trip from Hamilton to Motherwell to watch a cup game against Arbroath. After a late call off due to water-logged pitch, he convinced me to go to the San Giro and their game against Inverness.

What happened next was tremendous. 1-3 defeat, walking out the stadium pissing myself laughing while they all give it 'Barnes out!' at the front door. Couldn't have wrote it :)

Late eighties me and my mate could only get tickets for their main stand, in with them. Reluctantly we took them. Got in the ground and we were right next to the bears who used to get a small section of their main stand back in the day. Bears were growling at us across the segregation section :D but we had to be discreet. About five mins before kick off I said to my mate that I couldn't do it and he agreed.

So we went down to the concourse and sought out a friendly looking steward. We were just honest to him and before we knew it he was taking us round to the Rangers end and opened a gate between main stand at Rangers end and let us in. That was fair play to him and we ended up with a right result !!! I couldn't have lasted being in with the mentally challengeds.

Them? God no. Sat in the home end at both Firhill and Easter Rd though. Partick fans were fine Hibs was horrendous - I’d never do that again.

Been in with aberdeen fans a couple of time at Pittodrie. First time was in the 90,s and the second time was the last game of 2007/2008 season.

Went to the Scotland vs. England game at Parkhead a couple of years ago, and even that felt weird sitting anywhere but the away end.

We got a lift into the Rangers end at Hampden for the 1974 cup final between them and Dundee Hibs. There wasn't real segregation then and it was full of Mhanks. I remember there seemed to be a lot of Irish. Anyway we made it plain who we supported (neither of the teams on the pitch) and caused a bit of a stooshie as the DU fans knew we wanted them to win and told the Micks to back off.

Been in with a few opposing fans when I couldn't get a ticket for our end but never with them. I couldn't stomach it.

Back in August I was in Glasgow for a few days inbetween the Dunfermline and Hibs games. On the Friday night I went to Firhill to try and get a ticket for Thistle vs Them but couldn’t get one. The problem is I couldn’t even stand being among them outside the ground never mind standing with them through a game

EC Scum vs Forest at the sty first leg finished 0-0 at Forest

Gary Birtles scored for Forest in a 1 -o win some 34 years ago, we were in the Rangers end was marvellous seeing there Manky beelin faces !

was in the tim end for the cup final where Ally scores the over headish goal

Also in the Jungle both the day of Hillsbourgh and then the replay v St J.

Sat in their Directors Box as a guest of a Celtic player the game The Goalie saved a last minute pen and Van Vossen missed more chances than I have ever witnessed in a game.

I sat on my hands behaved and bit my tongue. I was sitting next to John McGindlay of Bolton at the time and had to listen to some shite from round about, the Goalie saved the pen and I nearly hit the roof and on the way down he said he missed ya daft Kant to which I said I know that's why I'm celebrating, to say his face was a picture was an understatement, he then went on in the players lounge to tell me he was only getting excited and coming out with shite as it was only he second Derby he had been at. Too late to back track ya fud.

McGinley comes from same area as myself. Played against him many a time, he was an excellent footballer but a bellend of a guy. He's also a rhabid

Once. And what a cracker it was!! Supercaleygoballisticcelticareattrocious was the headline afterwards.

Could hardly contain my delight amongst the smelly tramps.

Was at this game but in with Caley fans as brother in law and nephew ( both bears) came down from Inverness. Can still recall the " what a shittey home support" chant.
As to the OP , NO just couldn't bring myself to .

When Terry Butcher signed for us I went down to London to see the Gers play Spurs, game ending in a draw. I have always had a soft spot for Arsenal so me and the mate stayed for their game against the Mhanks which ended in a 2 nil loss for the Gooners. We could only get in with the unwashed and it was bloody horrible. Has anyone else been unfortunate to be in with the filth?
I remember the spurs game well. Cammy Fraser scored for us right at the start of the Souness era.
Butcher signed that day but obviously didn’t play.
We sang “you couldn’t afford Butchers wages” to the Spurs fans prekickoff
We were joined by a load of Chelsea supporters who looked like they had no interest in football- trying to create some tension against Spurs, the vast majority of bears just completely ignored them

How anyone could sit next to that lot during any game is beyond me. It’s bad enough being in the pub watching a game with them around

When I was a lad I went to a Scottish Cup Final ( v Celtic) and the replay. I can't remember the circumstances. Maybe I couldn't get a ticket for the first game. The replay wouldn't have been a ticket game.

I was young and probably naive, and I wouldn't and couldn't do it now.

I remember their end being quite roomy. The Rangers end was packed to capacity, and I could see the Ranger fans swaying. It was quite a scene. Rangers equalised just before the end of the first game, and the tims were furious.

Celtic won the replay and there was surprisingly a lot of fans, who didn't wait to see the cup presentation. :)

Last edited:
back in the day we all had tickets for the wrong end at Easter Road.

Now as soon as we got in the stewards seemed to know.

But instead of kicking us out they sent us along to the section nearest our support.

This also is where the loonie Hibs fans are.

We get their and about 20 or so Rangers fans are already getting grief from the hibs casual lot.

This was also in the days of fences so no easy way out.

Just as the game kicked off a steward opened the gate in the fence and our lads started climbing through.
Kicks, punches, spit, coins, followed them, pretty scarry but we had no choice but to make a run for it up the wall on to the track...coins still flying, im sure I picked up a few quid as we were taken in to our section.

Mad.....

Back