Have you visited a european away venue twice? Where? When?

Stuttgart and Lisbon twice and Wembley x 5 in the good old days when we were the Scotland support

Old Trafford,Stuttgart and Sporting Lisbon,twice each.
Returning to Porto and Feyenoord this season,too.

Last edited:
Funny how the draws work - played Man U twice in CL era but never played Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, or any other english team i can remember. Cannae mind us playing Milan or Real although I know we have played them historically. There was a stat pre 2011 where the only 2 clubs who had played more seasons in europe than us were benfica and sporting - I dont think weve ever played benfica in 60 odd years of european competition, yet we managed to play stuttgart 3 times in about ten years

No sure it counts but Tranmere vs Shelbourne and again to see Tranmere when I was I Liverpool for a piss up a few years later

Boy Camp twice, 3 times if you count a tour of stadium. Champions League final in 1999 and then a league match Barca v Cannonfodder a couple of years later.

Also went to 2 games at San Siro in 2004. Inter v Benfica and Milan v Someweeteam. 12 goals in 2 games. Who says Italian football is boring?

Thanks, me and a big mate have went everywhere in Europe for years, personally I haven’t missed any Euro away games since before AZ Alkmaar away, I didn’t have a ticket for AZ but got into the game and I decided that I wasn’t missing any if I could help it.
You've probably got a longer european history than some pretty sizeable clubs if thats the case! fair play to you

Turin, Porto, Munich, Stuttgart, Parma, Dortmund, Russia x 3 and (arrested once and not allowed back) feyenoord, Ajax, Cologne(we got hammered away and I remember their fans in the old main stand in the return leg), Marseille, Milan, Villarreal, Old Trafford and more.
Thanks OP. Memories just came flooding back.

I’m thinking Warsaw for Anzi game, but I think we were there on route to Wronki, I’m sure that’s where TC dropped us off.
I’m sure somebody with correct me if that’s the wrong Polish city.

Somebody must have been to Prague for games v Prague and Zizkov.

Last edited:
Felt like I was in Germany every week for a few years tbh

Cologne twice and it seemed in the 60's and 70's we played more German teams than the rest of Europe combined.

In contrast, despite being in Europe almost every year, the scum didn't draw a German team until 87 when Dortmund f.ucked their arses out.

Sporting Lisbon and 2 great results. 2-0 on way to UEFA cup final and 2-2 with Edu scoring in the last minute to take us through on away goals.

Same for me, the UEFA cup game, Darcheville and Whittaker scoring was my first Euro trip. Loved every minute of it, even the crazy flight plan, and having to run through Madrid airport to catch the Lisbon flight, which surprise surprise was delayed.

2nd visit, met my son in Gatwick, who had left his flat in Londonderry at 4am, got bus to Belfast airport. Really wanted to party after Edu goal, but both of us were shattered...

Athens twice (Panathinaikos)
Manchester (united twice & city of Manchester stadium)
Stuttgart twice (couldn’t face the third time)
Villarreal twice

I’ve kinda made it a bit of a rule going forward now I’m not going to go to places I’ve been before , I like doing the tourist stuff on th trips , so if there ain’t much to see / I’ve ticked the box 1st time around, I will now hold back the time off work / money for future new experiences (hence not going to Porto and didn’t go back to Luxembourg) , however if the city is big enough , different team within the city & enough time has passed between visits I will give it serious consideration for a repeat visit

Back