Having a drink at the game.

Beer Belly Loyal

Is it time to bring back fans of Scottish football to enjoy the game more with a pint in hand? Are our law makers taking us for bams or something? It's 2021 ffs!

gn20.png

I'd prefer a nice malt and a decent coffee. Wee sipper for the colder days. I don't see why you can't have a pint at smaller clubs. It's the norm in Non League in England and a big money spinner for clubs like Buxton, Altrincham even have a wee craft beer bar.

Totally agree with the issues around managing folks behaviour. I'm not that bothered at Ibrox as I just want to concentrate on the game. The amount of wrecked folk wandering about at the Ross County game was ridiculous. Coming in 15 minutes in, not being able to find their seat. Wandering up and down the rows for a pish, then food then necking half bottles randomly then leaving at 80 minutes.

Don't see it happening, and not fussed to be honest.

Have been at grounds in other countries that serve booze, and would really enjoy a pint with the game.

But two things for me - Euro nights would be intolerable (see zoomers thread) if folk could continue drinking while at the game.

Secondly, when it's done elsewhere, it's done properly. Particularly in Australia - can mind going for a pint when an injury occurred, was back at my seat with a round of drinks before the guy was back on his feet, as they had someone just stting filling up pints, another charging, and another chucking them out.
under current catering conditions at Ibrox, you'd have to write off about 20-30 minutes of the game if you wanted a drink during it.

I'd prefer a nice malt and a decent coffee. Wee sipper for the colder days. I don't see why you can't have a pint at smaller clubs. It's the norm in Non League in England and a big money spinner for clubs like Buxton, Altrincham even have a wee craft beer bar.

Totally agree with the issues around managing folks behaviour. I'm not that bothered at Ibrox as I just want to concentrate on the game. The amount of wrecked folk wandering about at the Ross County game was ridiculous. Coming in 15 minutes in, not being able to find their seat. Wandering up and down the rows for a pish, then food then necking half bottles randomly then leaving at 80 minutes.
But according to some on here it's only non ST holders at European games that act like that :D

Im one who has a good few beers before the game but it doesnt bother me inside not having it just want to watch the game,theres not a hope in hell anytime soon this will change im afraid wont see this in my lifetime no one in charge will take the risk if there ends up trouble at games theyl be blamed.

If it was done the same way as down south then yeah as the club would do well out of it. If it was available throughout the game then no as it would just be asking for trouble.

I’d like the option for a half time beer in the concourse.

Saying that, just go to a concert or such like, the amount of beers that get launched is ridiculous.

You’d have neds covering people in warm beer.

I think its insulting and old fashioned to ban it but I don't particularly want to have a drink at the game myself. Apart from the hassle of getting it (and looking after it, e.g when a goal is scored) I very much doubt if Rangers would serve anything I'd want to drink. I love my pint in the pub before the game though.

Do we really need more excuses for people to get up and go to the toilet?
It'd be nice for pre-season friendlies and in the 'warmer' start and end of the season, but who wants to sit with a watery, mid-strength lager in a plastic cup in February?
Lots of people.

Lots of people can handle their swally at the games and lots of people can't. Unfortunatly for me the bams win here. Personally I would love a drink at the game but it's never happening.

It would generate some amount of income though lol

Nothing worse than standing next to some big hairy arsed sweatbag who's reeking of stale drink and fags gibbering the biggest pile of shit for 90 minutes...
So your throwing everyone who may like a beer onto the hairy arsed sweatbag pile. I take it that is how all the Dutch and German supporters must look like then. I suppose they have the right to think " What a stuck up prick I am sitting next too."

Got to laugh at the people here saying saying it would cause issues.

The people who would cause the issues are the ones coming in coked up with bottles of Buckie and MD just now anyway. The amount of boozing that happens inside Ibrox is shocking as it is. I genuinely don't see too much difference as these people wouldn't pay a £7 for a 3% pint of piss anyway. They would still do what they are doing now

Watery flat beer what's not to like? Imagine how much they'd charge as well

I’d like the option for a half time beer in the concourse.

Saying that, just go to a concert or such like, the amount of beers that get launched is ridiculous.

You’d have neds covering people in warm beer.
People don’t throw 5 pound pints at concerts bud.

No , there’s enough arseholes that go to the football , that simply don’t need a drink , want to cause a rumpus - for instance the goon brigade, Motherwell boiz , imagine them halfwits with more drink in them ?
Plods will never allow it to happen

So your throwing everyone who may like a beer onto the hairy arsed sweatbag pile. I take it that is how all the Dutch and German supporters must look like then. I suppose they have the right to think " What a stuck up prick I am sitting next too."
Did I mention everyone who likes a beer ? I like a beer just as much as the next man, unfortunately you're missing the point where we are concerned in this country.

Back