Heads Up For Bears Around Tollcross & Surrounding Areas On Way To Ibrox, Saturday

Over 22 years ago, I was friendly with a few very high placed Councillors, most of them from the other side but a few from our side.
I wouldn't divulge any names as there would be no point in doing so. Anyone who drunk in The Stepps bar at that time will be quite familiar with them,
One day the conversation turns to the number of Parades in the City at the time, they knew I was a member of the OO, so they ask me what I thought.
I said then and still believe now that there were too many Parades and they were devaluing the spectacle that these Parades should be bringing to the City.
Three of the most senior figures in the company then ask me to have a chat in the back room.
The result was that if I could approach the Hierarchy of the OO and ask if they could cut down the number of Parades to basically half a dozen, they ( CIty Council ) would ' promote' the Big Walk' (Annual Demonstration ) as a Cultural Event.
I agreed and spoke to one of the leading lights of the OO and ask him to get me a meeting with whatever Committee overseen these things,
His reply was'Fu*k off, I wouldn't trust these 19th Century Terrorist Bast*rds', when I pointed out one of the three was one of us and that I believed they were being sincere, He said He wouldn't discuss it with me.
The last thing I said to him was if the OO didn't change they would be lucky to last 30 years.
Sadly I think I am being proven right.
Bigots like him have driven thousands of members from the OO in my opinion.

When you say all marches, I take it you're including Pride , Trade Union, Independence, Anti Racism, Remembrance, Armed Forces, Climate Change, or is it just ones you don't like.

It’s not about whether I like them or not. But it’s been proven we can neither police or arrange large marches properly in a way that isn’t a pain in the arse for the public who have nothing to do with it. I think it would be easier to organise shows of support for whatever cause by congregating in a certain area where things can be more easily organised and contained.

It’s not about whether I like them or not. But it’s been proven we can neither police or arrange large marches properly in a way that isn’t a pain in the arse for the public who have nothing to do with it. I think it would be easier to organise shows of support for whatever cause by congregating in a certain area where things can be more easily organised and contained.
So do I, Big walk to the SECC, Carnival day out, tickets only and sold through the Lodges

So I take it by your refusal to answer the question that you want them ALL banned the answer is no, it's only OO parades.

So I take it by your refusal to answer the question that you want them ALL banned the answer is no, it's only OO parades.

Absolutely nothing I said suggests that so not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. Whether it’s a OO, Republican or Pride March, GCC has proven incapable of organising them without causing huge inconvenience to anyone in city centre. So see my last message for what I think is a possible solution. Not sure what wasn’t clear last time.

Absolutely nothing I said suggests that so not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. Whether it’s a OO, Republican or Pride March, GCC has proven incapable of organising them without causing huge inconvenience to anyone in city centre. So see my last message for what I think is a possible solution. Not sure what wasn’t clear last time.
You're in favour of banning ALL marches that cause inconvenience that's fine, Pedal for Scotland last weekend cause huge inconvenience , football matches also cause inconvenience, should we just ban them too.

All people who don’t agree with the IRA marching through our streets, and the way the council have dealt with this by classing our OO, ABOD & band parades in the same boat should make the effort to be at this peaceful protest, George Sq, Saturday at 10am.

Back