Heads up to those who are on the 4 monthly auto renew.

falkirkbear

Just got this email too. Only at Rangers is aurorenew not really autorenew.

The website / season ticket renewal / payment process is pissing a lot of people off.

Also people are wary of emails with links attached to make payments and are often advised against doing so.

I assume it is genuine but will be emailing to confirm and asking why this is happening.
Been speaking to my wife about this today as she deals with processing payments for her work.
The issue she is having is that due to security issues she can't do it from home, she has to be in the office connected to a secure server, shes been given elevated access rights to access her accounting software but still can't process payments, she reckons if ticket office staff are working from home they could be having the same issue, the SLO has mentioned on twitter that its related to the current issues with Covid.

Coops2016

Some folk are an absolute joke. We are living during a global crisis. Very limited staff working at ticket office. Nobody there to answer calls and emails. Nobody there to process payments. So asking us to do the FIRST instalment ourselves before the 29th May. Honestly, unreal. Just dont renew, simple. People dont read emails where it tells you to click link to make payments then log in and try and do it online and moan that it doesn't work.
The club should at this very busy time have ample resources working from home to ensure this is done properly. This is millions of pounds coming from fans who are struggling at this time and that don’t even know when they will even get to use the season tickets . Forgive me but it’s a farce

Avalon

Do you really think scammers take the day off just because there is global crisis? Just because we are Rangers doesn’t make us immune to thiskind of thing.
People are quite rightly wary nowadays regarding emails with links.
This !! We are warned almost daily not to follow links from emails,

john307

Don’t renew because people have an opinion? Are people aren’t allowed to moan? Give it a rest.

It’s a bit bizarre why auto renew payments can’t be taken. You don’t need to be in an office to do it. No other company has this issue so I don’t see why we do.

I have done it and it was easy enough but it is a bit strange that a club of our size can’t renew card details online and can’t currently take renewal payments automatically.

The whole ticket office system needs a revamp.
Were you able to change your card details.

Paisleyprod

Official Ticketer
Some folk are an absolute joke. We are living during a global crisis. Very limited staff working at ticket office. Nobody there to answer calls and emails. Nobody there to process payments. So asking us to do the FIRST instalment ourselves before the 29th May. Honestly, unreal. Just dont renew, simple. People dont read emails where it tells you to click link to make payments then log in and try and do it online and moan that it doesn't work.
Aye have my season ticket. Have my card details too.

Poor response mate.

Paisleyprod

Official Ticketer
Do you really think scammers take the day off just because there is global crisis? Just because we are Rangers doesn’t make us immune to thiskind of thing.
People are quite rightly wary nowadays regarding emails with links.
Scammers are having a field day. They are elaborate and make emails look genuine then clean you out.

Anyone not wary is a fool.

ForzaLaudrup

Were you able to change your card details.
no mate. It allowed me to enter card details to take the payment for this instalment but still not heard anything from the club about how to update details going forward. It really should be something that is available online. Every other company can do it.

I have contacted the SLO to ask for an update on Twitter

Mark-Penny

I can pay now no problem , but my only worry is that on the 29th they try and take another payment .can we have an assurance preferably from club this won’t happen
Well considering the whole point of the email was because they can’t automatically take payment I would say that’s unlikely.

Mark-Penny

The club should at this very busy time have ample resources working from home to ensure this is done properly. This is millions of pounds coming from fans who are struggling at this time and that don’t even know when they will even get to use the season tickets . Forgive me but it’s a farce
Do you think maybe just maybe that’s precisely the reason payments are being done this way?

falkirkbear

The fact its millions of pounds is exactly why someone working from home can't process it.

john307

no mate. It allowed me to enter card details to take the payment for this instalment but still not heard anything from the club about how to update details going forward. It really should be something that is available online. Every other company can do it.

I have contacted the SLO to ask for an update on Twitter
Thanks for your help mate. I will keep an eye out for you posting info. What all this shows is that our ticket office needs a major overhaul.

Gio 8

Does anyone know if this is to paid before the 29th or can be paid on the 29th? Don’t get paid until Friday and also have my old mans ticket coming off my account so don’t want to mess it up by waiting.

tangledupinblue

It doesn't seem to matter what the topic is these days you get some amount of zoomer responses. There are too many obsessive Tims on here trying to belittle and derail. I think it is time to subscribe to followfollow and that way if they want to continue their obsession then at least make them pay for the privelage.

Laudrup1

Don’t renew because people have an opinion? Are people aren’t allowed to moan? Give it a rest.

It’s a bit bizarre why auto renew payments can’t be taken. You don’t need to be in an office to do it. No other company has this issue so I don’t see why we do.

I have done it and it was easy enough but it is a bit strange that a club of our size can’t renew card details online and can’t currently take renewal payments automatically.

The whole ticket office system needs a revamp.
Was just having this very discussion with Greg Marshall on Twitter.

The response from him was that Liverpool (and another number of clubs) use Talent as their O/S for ticket sales.

I'd be willing to be Liverpool haven't been sending their SLO out to tweet that manual payments have to be made which suggests exactly what your saying.

We're running an ancient version of it and it can't cope.

It's like saying you've got a BMW (and loads of other people have one too so you're just like them) when yours is a Y reg banger of a 3 series and the comparison you're making is with a shiny new 7 series to which cost 80k.

I get the defence of the club to am extent but the entire TO operation regularly falls short of what's required

Laudrup1

Surely it's a valid enough query though.

All other clubs are in this unprecedented time facing the same staffing restrictions.

How many of them are suffering this issue?

It's easy enough to click the link and pay it. I've just done it.

It's not something that would be happening if it was setup properly.

Lockdown and furlough's been in place for 7 weeks. Why, one week out, is there now a panic?

It's not how well run operations act.

Nopapacnoparty

Does anyone know if this is to paid before the 29th or can be paid on the 29th? Don’t get paid until Friday and also have my old mans ticket coming off my account so don’t want to mess it up by waiting.
Payment was originally ment to taken on the 29th from us so would assume paying on the 29th be fine but only my opinion bud, it's not clear on that point. I will be paying on the 29th.

Laudrup1

Well considering the whole point of the email was because they can’t automatically take payment I would say that’s unlikely.
It's unlikely.

The tone on the twitter thread about it all wouldn't rule it out.

Probably won't happen...but no guarantees etc.

I get the issues with the current situation.

However, are all other clubs tweeting / emailing their fans with the same issue or is it just that those clubs have got a ticketing operation fit for purpose?

jdm1873

Maybe because staff are working from home. Maybe there are issues holding payment details away from the office?

In view of everything which is going on I don't see the issue. I was changing my bank card anyway so it helps me out.

RoboProd

Official Ticketer
Would be good to know if can / how to change to paying in full if originally set up for this method - can’t be fucked trying to remember to do this every month.

sammy1872

Was just having this very discussion with Greg Marshall on Twitter.

The response from him was that Liverpool (and another number of clubs) use Talent as their O/S for ticket sales.

I'd be willing to be Liverpool haven't been sending their SLO out to tweet that manual payments have to be made which suggests exactly what your saying.

We're running an ancient version of it and it can't cope.

It's like saying you've got a BMW (and loads of other people have one too so you're just like them) when yours is a Y reg banger of a 3 series and the comparison you're making is with a shiny new 7 series to which cost 80k.

I get the defence of the club to am extent but the entire TO operation regularly falls short of what's required
hopefully the ticket office is one of the areas James bisgrove is looking at. The staff themselves are very good but the whole office needs a upgrade in technology . Prob hasn’t been changed since 2003. Also hope it’s an area they are looking to move out of those huts which are a disgrace and either into edminston house of the megastore.However every time I’ve heard bisgrove talk about the plans it’s not mentioned

Mr. T.

You’re absolutely correct, but it’s much more fun to have a good old FF moan.

Speccy hotdog

Don't agree with folk saying this is a shambles.

The club have made it very easy to do. It was a few clicks and done, even a receipt of payment.

Not ideal of course, but as others have said it's likely down to staff being furloughed and not able to process payments from home.

Laudrup1

Don't agree with folk saying this is a shambles.

The club have made it very easy to do. It was a few clicks and done, even a receipt of payment.

Not ideal of course, but as others have said it's likely down to staff being furloughed and not able to process payments from home.
The solution has been simple.

All clubs are in exactly the same position though with regards to furlough staff. Why are they not suffering the same issues with ticketing then?

This about the third thing we've found issue with. Its amateurish

The burgh bear

Does anyone know if we have to click on the link every month to pay or just the once this month and it automatically takes the other 3 monthly payments?

Speccy hotdog

The solution has been simple.

All clubs are in exactly the same position though with regards to furlough staff. Why are they not suffering the same issues with ticketing then?

This about the third thing we've found issue with. Its amateurish
Only guessing here but maybe other clubs have had top end systems implemented for years already.
Whereas we have been behind but we're able to manage under normal circumstances.

Now our short comings with our ticket systems are highlighted. As I say, not ideal, but definitely not a shambles.