Heads up to those who are on the 4 monthly auto renew.

I can pay now no problem , but my only worry is that on the 29th they try and take another payment .can we have an assurance preferably from club this won’t happen
Well considering the whole point of the email was because they can’t automatically take payment I would say that’s unlikely.

The club should at this very busy time have ample resources working from home to ensure this is done properly. This is millions of pounds coming from fans who are struggling at this time and that don’t even know when they will even get to use the season tickets . Forgive me but it’s a farce
Do you think maybe just maybe that’s precisely the reason payments are being done this way?

The club should at this very busy time have ample resources working from home to ensure this is done properly. This is millions of pounds coming from fans who are struggling at this time and that don’t even know when they will even get to use the season tickets . Forgive me but it’s a farce
The fact its millions of pounds is exactly why someone working from home can't process it.

no mate. It allowed me to enter card details to take the payment for this instalment but still not heard anything from the club about how to update details going forward. It really should be something that is available online. Every other company can do it.

I have contacted the SLO to ask for an update on Twitter
Thanks for your help mate. I will keep an eye out for you posting info. What all this shows is that our ticket office needs a major overhaul.

Does anyone know if this is to paid before the 29th or can be paid on the 29th? Don’t get paid until Friday and also have my old mans ticket coming off my account so don’t want to mess it up by waiting.

Some folk are an absolute joke. We are living during a global crisis. Very limited staff working at ticket office. Nobody there to answer calls and emails. Nobody there to process payments. So asking us to do the FIRST instalment ourselves before the 29th May. Honestly, unreal. Just dont renew, simple. People dont read emails where it tells you to click link to make payments then log in and try and do it online and moan that it doesn't work.

It doesn't seem to matter what the topic is these days you get some amount of zoomer responses. There are too many obsessive Tims on here trying to belittle and derail. I think it is time to subscribe to followfollow and that way if they want to continue their obsession then at least make them pay for the privelage.

Don’t renew because people have an opinion? Are people aren’t allowed to moan? Give it a rest.

It’s a bit bizarre why auto renew payments can’t be taken. You don’t need to be in an office to do it. No other company has this issue so I don’t see why we do.

I have done it and it was easy enough but it is a bit strange that a club of our size can’t renew card details online and can’t currently take renewal payments automatically.

The whole ticket office system needs a revamp.

Was just having this very discussion with Greg Marshall on Twitter.

The response from him was that Liverpool (and another number of clubs) use Talent as their O/S for ticket sales.

I'd be willing to be Liverpool haven't been sending their SLO out to tweet that manual payments have to be made which suggests exactly what your saying.

We're running an ancient version of it and it can't cope.

It's like saying you've got a BMW (and loads of other people have one too so you're just like them) when yours is a Y reg banger of a 3 series and the comparison you're making is with a shiny new 7 series to which cost 80k.

I get the defence of the club to am extent but the entire TO operation regularly falls short of what's required

Some folk are an absolute joke. We are living during a global crisis. Very limited staff working at ticket office. Nobody there to answer calls and emails. Nobody there to process payments. So asking us to do the FIRST instalment ourselves before the 29th May. Honestly, unreal. Just dont renew, simple. People dont read emails where it tells you to click link to make payments then log in and try and do it online and moan that it doesn't work.

Surely it's a valid enough query though.

All other clubs are in this unprecedented time facing the same staffing restrictions.

How many of them are suffering this issue?

It's easy enough to click the link and pay it. I've just done it.

It's not something that would be happening if it was setup properly.

Lockdown and furlough's been in place for 7 weeks. Why, one week out, is there now a panic?

It's not how well run operations act.

Does anyone know if this is to paid before the 29th or can be paid on the 29th? Don’t get paid until Friday and also have my old mans ticket coming off my account so don’t want to mess it up by waiting.
Payment was originally ment to taken on the 29th from us so would assume paying on the 29th be fine but only my opinion bud, it's not clear on that point. I will be paying on the 29th.

Well considering the whole point of the email was because they can’t automatically take payment I would say that’s unlikely.

It's unlikely.

The tone on the twitter thread about it all wouldn't rule it out.

Probably won't happen...but no guarantees etc.

I get the issues with the current situation.

However, are all other clubs tweeting / emailing their fans with the same issue or is it just that those clubs have got a ticketing operation fit for purpose?

Maybe because staff are working from home. Maybe there are issues holding payment details away from the office?

In view of everything which is going on I don't see the issue. I was changing my bank card anyway so it helps me out.

Would be good to know if can / how to change to paying in full if originally set up for this method - can’t be fucked trying to remember to do this every month.

Was just having this very discussion with Greg Marshall on Twitter.

The response from him was that Liverpool (and another number of clubs) use Talent as their O/S for ticket sales.

I'd be willing to be Liverpool haven't been sending their SLO out to tweet that manual payments have to be made which suggests exactly what your saying.

We're running an ancient version of it and it can't cope.

It's like saying you've got a BMW (and loads of other people have one too so you're just like them) when yours is a Y reg banger of a 3 series and the comparison you're making is with a shiny new 7 series to which cost 80k.

I get the defence of the club to am extent but the entire TO operation regularly falls short of what's required

hopefully the ticket office is one of the areas James bisgrove is looking at. The staff themselves are very good but the whole office needs a upgrade in technology . Prob hasn’t been changed since 2003. Also hope it’s an area they are looking to move out of those huts which are a disgrace and either into edminston house of the megastore.However every time I’ve heard bisgrove talk about the plans it’s not mentioned

I can pay now no problem , but my only worry is that on the 29th they try and take another payment .can we have an assurance preferably from club this won’t happen
I think we got that in the email : “we can’t do it at the moment”.

You’re absolutely correct, but it’s much more fun to have a good old FF moan.

Don't mind doing payment reminder this way....but silly question coming up did they not charge us £10 for direct debit payment?

Don't agree with folk saying this is a shambles.

The club have made it very easy to do. It was a few clicks and done, even a receipt of payment.

Not ideal of course, but as others have said it's likely down to staff being furloughed and not able to process payments from home.

Don't agree with folk saying this is a shambles.

The club have made it very easy to do. It was a few clicks and done, even a receipt of payment.

Not ideal of course, but as others have said it's likely down to staff being furloughed and not able to process payments from home.

The solution has been simple.

All clubs are in exactly the same position though with regards to furlough staff. Why are they not suffering the same issues with ticketing then?

This about the third thing we've found issue with. Its amateurish

Does anyone know if we have to click on the link every month to pay or just the once this month and it automatically takes the other 3 monthly payments?

The solution has been simple.

All clubs are in exactly the same position though with regards to furlough staff. Why are they not suffering the same issues with ticketing then?

This about the third thing we've found issue with. Its amateurish

Only guessing here but maybe other clubs have had top end systems implemented for years already.
Whereas we have been behind but we're able to manage under normal circumstances.

Now our short comings with our ticket systems are highlighted. As I say, not ideal, but definitely not a shambles.

Only guessing here but maybe other clubs have had top end systems implemented for years already.
Whereas we have been behind but we're able to manage under normal circumstances.

Now our short comings with our ticket systems are highlighted. As I say, not ideal, but definitely not a shambles.

The first point is very much the case.

We've had five years of the new regime now.

I felt it was poor that the issues were tried to be passed off as "other clubs use this system" as a cover for our failings when there's varying levels of software. Talent do operating systems for small, medium and large clubs and they've been doing it for years. We have an outdated version of their software and it wasnt fit for purpose when we first got it either.

Tickets are the biggest income stream our club has. It should have been a huge priority since day one.

Reply today from SLO was that the system we use is from the same company that Liverpool and other top teams use. Strange then, they're also not.all over.twitter with patent issues.

Suggests that we're sadly lacking. It was known long before the current situation though.

We're also nearly two months into furlough and lockdown. That they're only discovering this issue a week before payment due date makes it look like they're floundering. It's not even the first issue (even if the fix has been relatively simple) with renewals this month after the "click the link / don't login to your account" problems.

It just smacks of a department that isn't fit for purpose.

People can whine on this thread about the criticisms of it all bit that doesnt detract from the fact it's not good enough for a club of our size.

F*ck sake, would probably have missed that if it wasn't for this thread. Maybe admin could make it a sticky for the next week?

Of course just the one person . Deary me
Thats not what i meant, of course there are more than one, there are still security issues with processing payments, most folk working from home will be doing so over their home wifi etc, can't speak for Rangers but the system my wife uses for payment processing has to be on a secure link in her office, she can't do it from home.

hopefully the ticket office is one of the areas James bisgrove is looking at. The staff themselves are very good but the whole office needs a upgrade in technology . Prob hasn’t been changed since 2003. Also hope it’s an area they are looking to move out of those huts which are a disgrace and either into edminston house of the megastore.However every time I’ve heard bisgrove talk about the plans it’s not mentioned

Some of their computer systems are definitely older than 2003!

Back