Heads went down last week after St Johnstone game, can we win the league this season

If you want to debate like a grown up, then you`d better take a different approach - your attempts at sarcasm/humour certainly don`t do much for your image as a commentator on the game. The manager introduced two new signings into the team at Rugby Park for a crucial league game, neither of whom had played much football in the preceding months. He changed the team that had just produced our best performance of the season against "them" at Ibrox and baffled most football pundits, let alone Rangers supporters. If we follow your logic, managers can NEVER be to blame because ultimately, everything comes down to what players do on the park. You`re entitled to your opinion, but don`t come on here attacking people who don`t share it.

This is a place for debate and discussion mostly about Rangers by (mostly) bears. If that level of sarcasm upsets you then you're probably too fragile for FF, seriously.
My logic is that the manager doesn't take the field so what happens on it is almost always down to those who do. Gerrard introduced two very experienced senior players, he was brave, wanted to be more aggressive. Defoe scored and Alfie hit the bar, that goes in, we're two up after twenty? minutes and SG's a genius. Worral then had his brainfart and our fundamental weakness, the players continuing appalling unprofessional mentality, meant they effectively gave up and then McGregor had a rare blunder. Two monumental arse-ups by players put us behind but what cost us that game and what has cost us every dropped point that corruption hasn't stolen from us was our lack of will to win.
It wasn't the manager, it was adults acting like weans. Same as happens in here, sometimes :~)

No, there is nothing to say that a team that has struggled to win three or four games in a row will find form now. If we had a poor start and turned the corner then maybe but we have been stop/start all season.

Dropped far too many silly points already. All those late equalisers for Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs & Motherwell are painful looking back.

Far too inconsistent. Although Celtic will probably drop a few points along the way, so will we unfortunately.

Going to Parkhead and winning just might be a possible turning point but all in all I think the league's gone this year.

Live in hope but realistically its not going to happen. For me it's a case of win the Scottish cup and put a consistent run together until the end of the season. We need to bring this down to the last couple of games then you just never know.

This is a place for debate and discussion mostly about Rangers by (mostly) bears. If that level of sarcasm upsets you then you're probably too fragile for FF, seriously.
My logic is that the manager doesn't take the field so what happens on it is almost always down to those who do. Gerrard introduced two very experienced senior players, he was brave, wanted to be more aggressive. Defoe scored and Alfie hit the bar, that goes in, we're two up after twenty? minutes and SG's a genius. Worral then had his brainfart and our fundamental weakness, the players continuing appalling unprofessional mentality, meant they effectively gave up and then McGregor had a rare blunder. Two monumental arse-ups by players put us behind but what cost us that game and what has cost us every dropped point that corruption hasn't stolen from us was our lack of will to win.
It wasn't the manager, it was adults acting like weans. Same as happens in here, sometimes :~)
I`m anything but fragile, but I was brought up to respect the views of others and to treat them with respect and courtesy, unless I`m given reason to do otherwise. People can debate very effectively without the need for aggression or sarcasm, but that message is probably wasted on you. Anyway, to repeat my earlier point, if we accept your logic, then we accept that managers can NEVER be responsible for results - it must always be down to players, and that is arrant nonsense! I am certainly not anti Gerrard, but he has made mistakes and as far as I`m concerned, he got it wrong in that game. You obviously disagree, so let`s just leave it at that, eh?

The only way we can realistically get back into this league title is if celtic drop points next 2 games vs in form motherwell and hearts away assuming we tske care of dundee and hamilton

The remaining games before the break become pretty tricky gor us after thst snd a tad side easier for them

Sadly we’ve blown it imo. I’ve seen no evidence this team is capable of putting in a 10 game winning streak required.

For me, to give us any chance we need to play less to the squad system and play a best 11 as often as we can; a player should play to get a chance and have to play well to stay there. I've done an about turn on this, but the lack consistency I think is due to not playing a settled eleven. I don't think any player should be comfortable that he's in the side on any basis other than merit, and that he has to well to stay there. I think we may have chance if we did that.

No, we're not winning it. The cold, clear and obvious reality has been staring us in the face for some time. The filth game aside, our league form in December was rank and we totally failed to capitalise on them dropping points. The 5 dropped points since New Year just confirms what we already knew. It doesn't matter if we go to Pittodrie/Tynecastle and win with one-off great performances, if we can't routinely beat teams at Ibrox then we can't keep pace with Celtic, let alone overtake them in the league.

Only chance we have is if they get beat before we play them and we then best them at the piggery. Even then it's a long shot because we have at least 1 more game like St Johnstone in us this season.

We can still win it, but it will need a monumental effort from all the players between now and the end of the season, cutting out the poor performances they throw in every now and again. It starts today with Hamilton. Big 3 points to play for before they play later. No Alfie is a worry judging by our recent performances without him.

They’ve just won 6 league games in a row without conceding a goal.

We aren’t good enough to replicate that sort of form. Just 3 wins in a row seems to be a struggle.

Back