Heart and Hand Bisgrove Interview

Merchandise, hospitality and RTV sell themselves. MyGers is a ticket tax that is compulsory if you want to go to non-Ibrox games. All of these are included in the headline figure.

That's why I was interested in how much the general £8m sponsorship amount compares to when he came in. That is the true metric of how well Bisgrove has done or not, imo, as that is genuine added value. Even then shirt sponsorships are an easier sell than anything else so would still like to see a further breakdown of how much is attributable to that.
Not having a go at Bisgrove on this, however these type of guys are good at smoke and mirrors for that reason. A detailed breakdown, as you say, would identify what HE has done. It would also build trust to a fanbase long since fed up of BS.

@David Edgar

Well done in holding him to account. If I had one point that I wish you put to Bisgrove, it would be asking him to clarify this “loyalty” phrase he keeps parroting in relation to MyGers.

MyGers cannot be categorised as a “loyalty” scheme as long as it’s possible to obtain points outwith ticket purchases and match attendance.

It is not a loyalty scheme if someone can come along and purchase an Edmiston House package for example, surpassing supporters who have gained those points honestly through following the team home and away. Individual supporter wealth should not come into it.

My god I’m dying for someone to bring this up to Bisgrove at the AGM.

@David Edgar

Well done in holding him to account. If I had one point that I wish you put to Bisgrove, it would be asking him to clarify this “loyalty” phrase he keeps parroting in relation to MyGers.

MyGers cannot be categorised as a “loyalty” scheme as long as it’s possible to obtain points outwith ticket purchases and match attendance.

It is not a loyalty scheme if someone can come along and purchase an Edmiston House package for example, surpassing supporters who have gained those points honestly through following the team home and away. Individual supporter wealth should not come into it.

My god I’m dying for someone to bring this up to Bisgrove at the AGM.
They will just say supporting the club financially equates to loyalty.

It's not exactly a 'gotcha'.

I thought that was a really good interview.

I find it interesting that in an interview where the Commercial Director announces he has beaten some already stretching targets, the key takeaway for a lot of fans is to get raging at one mistake he stutters over about ticket allocation process.

51,000 MyGers members. That’s some number. Like it or loathe it MyGers from the clubs perspective has been a huge success.

Bisgrove is sadly someone who we have needed at the club. He’d sell his granny for a quid and I find him rather insincere and don’t trust the guy. However he is doing what the club brought him in to do. It can’t be denied, unpalatable as it may be.

I’d say there are others at boardroom level who aren’t “ performing” in their role unlike bisgrave who at least has the numbers to back up why he’s here.
Double post

51,000 MyGers members. That’s some number. Like it or loathe it MyGers from the clubs perspective has been a huge success.

Bisgrove is sadly someone who we have needed at the club. He’d sell his granny for a quid and I find him rather insincere and don’t trust the guy. However he is doing what the club brought him in to do. It can’t be denied, unpalatable as it may be.

I’d say there are others at boardroom level who aren’t “ performing” in their role unlike bisgrave who at least has the numbers to back up why he’s here.
@Bluebeard I agree with the initial statement but not the last. JB is in a sector where it is as easy to win quick and fast as it is to lose hard and long - I work in it!
My suspiscion from long ago is he took the quick and easy route for HIM(as so many do) not the CLUB(Employer), and I understand that. It it goes with the role(wouldnt be me but then I'm a fan)
Let's not pretend he has given best value to anyone but JB.

Because H&H is a paid subscription service, why would it be free?
They might mean why is it costing, when it is an official fan media, but paying for, means, only official for paying fan.

I’m happy to pay :) but I understand why folk would like that particular interview to be free to all fans.

He’s a smooth talker and I’ve thought as much from when he started, but that was some amount of questions he had to hold his hand upto. Really struggling to see it as a genuine act now. The word slimy comes to mind.

So many basic things the club are getting wrong and even stuff like why we’re being fleeced when it comes to ticketing didn’t get an acceptable answer.

As for MyGers. It works for a small few and that’s that. He’s lying if he pretending otherwise.

I'll try to get a chance to reply to your other post above too but on this one, I think you actually can.

As a few people have said on the thread, they're bronze members and don't go to many away games and don't care. They join it as a it's a membership scheme to help the club.

The actual amount of people wanting to apply for tickets to any general away game is a much smaller fraction of that 51,000 membership number.
I rarely get up for games just now and gave up STs a few years ago but me and the wife get My Gers as a means of supporting the club in addition to the shares we have. When do get up more likely to get mates STs or supporters club seats anyway. Sure there will be others the same

Back