Heart and Hand Bisgrove Interview

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He said they’ve tried to be as transparent as possible :D. What an absolute liar the guy is

We didn’t get any facts or figures confirmed until the Q4 update in April 2022 despite mygers being introduced in 2020.

I, along with others, had been making a point regarding the lack of transparency and how the club should release information and our own SLO said on here GDPR could be a barrier.

Only after a thread was made on here in February 2022, which had 600 respondents (a tiny % in the grand scheme of things), did the club actually take note. You can guarantee it was discussed in their wee mygers group ;)

So this bullshit about saying they’ve tried to be as transparent as possible is a lie.

If you value transparency;

1) Give an exact breakdown of how many tickets go to gold, silver and bronze for each game
2) Provide reasoning why gold has increased by 60% from July 2021 to July 2022, despite overall membership not increasing by that much in the same period
3) confirm how many actual ST holders there is in mygers, rather than confirming overall mygers members
4) Confirm the overall allocation for domestic aways/European aways and then also confirm how many went to mygers
5) Have a section on the online ticketing portal to confirm where members are overall. I.e do it in 200 increments so people have a better idea

51,000 MyGers members. That’s some number. Like it or loathe it MyGers from the clubs perspective has been a huge success.

Bisgrove is sadly someone who we have needed at the club. He’d sell his granny for a quid and I find him rather insincere and don’t trust the guy. However he is doing what the club brought him in to do. It can’t be denied, unpalatable as it may be.

I’d say there are others at boardroom level who aren’t “ performing” in their role unlike bisgrave who at least has the numbers to back up why he’s here.

20,000 queries a month is huge!
When folk complain about not getting an immediate response that’s 700 per day split between 6 and arguably 4 per day with days off.

The fact we aren’t really a digital support hampers that but the promising fact 80% are dealt with in a day it needs to go further and have these queries minimised. Why do 20,000 folk have issues? Where can that be signposted so that time is freed up for the harder hitting issues.

Catering, we’ve washed our hands of that. That’s Levy…lip service
Kit deal that’s Castore… lip service
That’s a concern for me counting the pound notes but not holding these 2 service providers accountable

Bisgrove is by all evidence doing his job well.

He brings ideas to the board. It’s them that approve them or reject them.

He can only continue to bring money spinners to the table and the board ultimately would decide to go with them or not.

He’s doubled our commercial income which is impressive given it excludes tickets

He isn’t the biggest issue we have.

IMO anyway
He’s almost quadrupled it. It was £8m when he arrived - with a previous all time high of £13m. It’s now almost £30m.

20,000 queries a month is huge!
When folk complain about not getting an immediate response that’s 700 per day split between 6 and arguably 4 per day with days off.

The fact we aren’t really a digital support hampers that but the promising fact 80% are dealt with in a day it needs to go further and have these queries minimised. Why do 20,000 folk have issues? Where can that be signposted so that time is freed up for the harder hitting issues.

Catering, we’ve washed our hands of that. That’s Levy…lip service
Kit deal that’s Castore… lip service
That’s a concern for me counting the pound notes but not holding these 2 service providers accountable
When you think we have over 40,000 season ticket holders, plus 50,000 MyGers (accepting the huge amount of overlap there) is 20,000 a month really that unexpected considering the amount of games we play and the poor ticketing system?

Seems clear to me we need to upgrade the system to reduce the number of queries.

Commercial figure clearly inflated with the move of Bar72/Club72 from 'general' ticketing into 'hospitality/commercial' ticketing I'd suggest.

Nevertheless, that only accounts for a proportion of the projected massive increase in commercial income and shouldn't take away from the significant improvement Bisgrove has made in this area. We don't all necessarily have to 'like' him, or his methods, but the guy is certainly doing what he was brought in to do. He's bringing in funds by the bucketload.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He said they’ve tried to be as transparent as possible :D. What an absolute liar the guy is

We didn’t get any facts or figures confirmed until the Q4 update in April 2022 despite mygers being introduced in 2020.

I, along with others, had been making a point regarding the lack of transparency and how the club should release information and our own SLO said on here GDPR could be a barrier.

Only after a thread was made on here in February 2022, which had 600 respondents (a tiny % in the grand scheme of things), did the club actually take note. You can guarantee it was discussed in their wee mygers group ;)

So this bullshit about saying they’ve tried to be as transparent as possible is a lie.

1) Give an exact breakdown of how many tickets go to gold, silver and bronze for each game
2) Provide reasoning why gold has increased by 60% from July 2021 to July 2022, despite overall membership not increasing by that much in the same period
3) confirm how many actual ST holders there is in mygers, rather than confirming overall mygers members
4) Confirm the overall allocation for domestic aways/European aways and then also confirm how many went to mygers
5) Have a section on the online ticketing portal to confirm where members are overall. I.e do it in 200 increments so people have a better idea
The interview wasn’t solely about MyGers
What’s a huge issue for some isn’t even on the radar for others, unsure what you wanted when you seen the interview was 20mins long.

Sounds like it would be open for change for a lot of things at boardroom level after admitting the 3 game package prices and inability to spread costs.
Needs pushed and pushed in the right way by the right people, sadly we don’t have a United fans group to get behind and take the grievance

The interview wasn’t solely about MyGers
What’s a huge issue for some isn’t even on the radar for others, unsure what you wanted when you seen the interview was 20mins long.

Sounds like it would be open for change for a lot of things at boardroom level after admitting the 3 game package prices and inability to spread costs.
Needs pushed and pushed in the right way by the right people, sadly we don’t have a United fans group to get behind and take the grievance
I’m going to go and listen to the rest later but was more interested in mygers given the Parkhead top-down lie

It isn’t top down. Someone who scraped into gold got Parkhead and people like @ahalfallover didnt. If it was top down @ahalfallover would've been successful

Commercial figure clearly inflated with the move of Bar72 from 'general' ticketing into 'hospitality/commercial' ticketing I'd suggest.

Nevertheless, that only accounts for a proportion of the projected massive increase in commercial income and shouldn't take away from the significant improvement Bisgrove has made in this area. We don't all necessarily have to 'like' him, or his methods, but the guy is certainly doing what he was brought in to do. He's bringing in funds by the bucketload.
His failed partnerships are what he should be held accountable for. I can’t disagree he’s evidently really good at generating revenue

I do get uncomfortable about a rangers director giving out false information though. He should correct his error as this is the second time he’s given out false information regarding tickets - whether intentional or not

51,000 MyGers members. That’s some number. Like it or loathe it MyGers from the clubs perspective has been a huge success.

Bisgrove is sadly someone who we have needed at the club. He’d sell his granny for a quid and I find him rather insincere and don’t trust the guy. However he is doing what the club brought him in to do. It can’t be denied, unpalatable as it may be.

I’d say there are others at boardroom level who aren’t “ performing” in their role unlike bisgrave who at least has the numbers to back up why he’s here.
what ? folk paying the 50 quid , their loss really but mygers is not a true reflection!

When you think we have over 40,000 season ticket holders, plus 50,000 MyGers (accepting the huge amount of overlap there) is 20,000 a month really that unexpected considering the amount of games we play and the poor ticketing system?

Seems clear to me we need to upgrade the system to reduce the number of queries.
It was a shock, ST holders tap their card and go in so what query in bulk could there possibly be. The fact they can be responded to immediately
I’m going to go and listen to the rest later but was more interested in mygers given the Parkhead top-down lie

It isn’t top down. Someone who scraped into gold got Parkhead and people like @ahalfallover didnt. If it was top down @ahalfallover would've been successful
maybe better places for the SLO on the next interview. Edgar has personally suffered from MyGers similar to others so I’m sure he’ll probe for answers. I don’t think Bisgrove is anywhere near to being the guy to probe for answers, maybe he is and maybe he got it wrong. The communication is all good and everything will come out in the wash.
What is apparent is that there is absolutely nobody at our club pulling the opposition direction or purposely hindering us being a success

Genuinely think he's got confused there. He explains how away ticketing works and then explains exceptions and throws Euros and Celtic in same bucket, but clearly isn't confident in his answer.

There's no real reason to lie but it doesn't help matters or general confusion over MyGers.

We have a MyGers scheme (maybe that should be scam) with 51k subscribers.
We have 20000 queries a month (with the associated costs).
Draw your own conclusion.

His failed partnerships are what he should be held accountable for. I can’t disagree he’s evidently really good at generating revenue

I do get uncomfortable about a rangers director giving out false information though. He should correct his error as this is the second time he’s given out false information regarding tickets - whether intentional or not
His 'get out', if that's the right term, will be that he said 'I think' it was top down. Arguably he should have known, I can accept that, but he did qualify his statement in that way. Obviously, for most, that won't - or shouldn't - be the biggest takeaway from the interview. Surely?

The circa £30m commercial revenue is an impressive figure but it’s a figure a club of our size should be achieving. Fair play to Bisgrove for doing his job and doing it well but my overarching feeling is any decent Commercial Marketing big gun could do similar with a business of our size with the customer base it has. He must have thought he’d won a watch when he came in and saw the potential.

I’m not convinced on his answers to the customer service side of things. As a previous poster pointed out, the fact they have 6 people are dealing with up to 20,000 customer (fan) enquiries a month is incredible. Those 6 folk must be run off their feet and it’s no wonder people are frustrated and bad mouthing the TO when those responding are under that level of pressure. We’ve managed to get out of contracts with CTM (it would seem) and Australia, why haven’t we got out of the contract with the absolute sham of a ticketing website provider before now? That’s likely what’s inviting the bulk of the traffic to the TO.

The circa £30m commercial revenue is an impressive figure but it’s a figure a club of our size should be achieving. Fair play to Bisgrove for doing his job and doing it well but my overarching feeling is any decent Commercial Marketing big gun could do similar with a business of our size with the customer base it has. He must have thought he’d won a watch when he came in and saw the potential.

I’m not convinced on his answers to the customer service side of things. As a previous poster pointed out, the fact they have 6 people are dealing with up to 20,000 customer (fan) enquiries a month is incredible. Those 6 folk must be run off their feet and it’s no wonder people are frustrated and bad mouthing the TO when those responding are under that level of pressure. We’ve managed to get out of contracts with CTM (it would seem) and Australia, why haven’t we got out of the contract with the absolute sham of a ticketing website provider before now? That’s likely what’s inviting the bulk of the traffic to the TO.
I bet you the genuine number of actual enquiries is way below that. Judging by posts on here, the delay in response sees everybody send their email 3 times - so you can probably cut that number to about one third of the 20k in actual 'genuine' queries. Improve the online ticketing process and that would probably drop to a much more manageable 2k-3k enquiries a month, enabling them to respond not only quicky but, more importantly, accurately as well.

Invest in/solve the ticketing platform and they could make life so much easier for all the staff at Ibrox and, again more importantly, provide the fans with a much better experience into the bargain. They know it's a problem and has been for years. It's probably not as cheap and easy a fix as many of us on here imagine but it should certainly be a priority for investment. The benefits are obvious.

His 'get out', if that's the right term, will be that he said 'I think' it was top down. Arguably he should have known, I can accept that, but he did qualify his statement in that way. Obviously, for most, that won't - or shouldn't - be the biggest takeaway from the interview. Surely?
It is for me when mygers is the main thing I’m interested in. I’d expect someone who leads the commercial department and sits on the mygers committee to know that Parkhead isnt top down

He spoke about it being an anomaly to reward loyalty along with euro aways so is he saying a gold ballot isn’t right then? He also goes onto say they’re happy to release information which is a complete and utter lie. They’re selective with what information gets released

He talks about consistency? There’s zero consistency with mygers. Hearts in December 2021 - gold only. Hearts in May 2022 - gold silver and bronze. Some games we get told the overall allocation for a game, others they confirm the mygers allocation. Some games there’s eligibility conditions applied to ballots, for others there isn’t.

He’s just lied through his teeth

It was a shock, ST holders tap their card and go in so what query in bulk could there possibly be. The fact they can be responded to immediately

maybe better places for the SLO on the next interview. Edgar has personally suffered from MyGers similar to others so I’m sure he’ll probe for answers. I don’t think Bisgrove is anywhere near to being the guy to probe for answers, maybe he is and maybe he got it wrong. The communication is all good and everything will come out in the wash.
What is apparent is that there is absolutely nobody at our club pulling the opposition direction or purposely hindering us being a success
Unless @Greg Marshall is given free reign to answer questions, it’ll be pointless if the questions are mygers related. Still waiting on the answer to the gold tier expansion.

I wish I had the forum to ask questions in a recorded format because there’s literally so much I’d have liked to probe based on Bisgroves responses

Yes, in reply to my question about why the RSC allocations had been cut, he replied they hadnt then James Blair cut off my microphone, its on YouTube somewhere.
They value transparency though and have no issue releasing information if people want it.

Very good

I bet you the genuine number of actual enquiries is way below that. Judging by posts on here, the delay in response sees everybody send their email 3 times - so you can probably cut that number to about one third of the 20k in actual 'genuine' queries. Improve the online ticketing process and that would probably drop to a much more manageable 2k-3k enquiries a month, enabling them to respond not only quicky but, more importantly, accurately as well.

Invest in/solve the ticketing platform and they could make life so much easier for all the staff at Ibrox and, again more importantly, provide the fans with a much better experience into the bargain. They know it's a problem and has been for years. It's probably not as cheap and easy a fix as many of us on here imagine but it should certainly be a priority for investment. The benefits are obvious.

This goes back to what @Crouchy posted earlier about JB being a lover of headline figures. The 15-20k is probably an exaggerated figure or a figure for a particularly busy month for the TO to grab our attention.

The fact we’re out to tender for a ticketing partner is great news. For supporters in general but specifically for me because there’s hardly a day goes by where a friend or family member doesn’t message me asking me about buying tickets from our website. Or when it comes to buying tickets and it not working, folk phoning me because they think I’m some kind of expert. Drives me up the fkn wall :D

Did you question him on lying about tickets for that dump being top down or were you unaware he was lying?
All I know about MyGers is I never get any f*cking tickets through it.
I mean this with the greatest of respect but that’s partly why they get off the hook. I previously challenged them to do a recorded Q&A with someone clued up on mygers but there’s no way the club would go it

People like @RFC Euro Bus would tear them to shreds with simple facts

I mean this with the greatest of respect but that’s partly why they get off the hook. I previously challenged them to do a recorded Q&A with someone clued up on mygers but there’s no way the club would go it

People like @RFC Euro Bus would tear them to shreds with simple facts

Jesus man take a breath. Half this thread is you ranting about MyGers.

There was more than 1 topic discussed in that interview that can't be spoken about as you're taking up half the thread about 1 thing.

I've got very mixed views about the recent window. I agree we didn't spend as much as perhaps we needed to and the quality wasn't great. BUT we have 12 players out of contract at the end of this season including some very experienced players, some very important players and some very young players with potential. Until we see who is staying and who is going, I can understand some reluctance to spending big bucks. On top of that, we also have a few youngsters coming through - Lowry, King, Tillman (loan) and Devine. How many will become first picks? So all in all, what will be our season end needs?

What’s the costs associated with having a system whereby a bot answers level one queries to triage them before sending to the appropriate place?

See them often with big companies

What’s the costs associated with having a system whereby a bot answers level one queries to triage them before sending to the appropriate place?

Doesn't even need to be that advanced. An auto response of "Thank you for your email. Due to a high volume of correspondence we aim to deal with your email within the next X working days" Would help cut down on the number of repeat emails to wade through.

To be honest man I think you need something else to be doing with your time.
You’re not wrong. Thought I was over the obsession but the recent interviews have riled me up

Not overly bothered about ballots etc, just get angry when they have soundbites about being open to more transparency when it’s a complete lie

Doesn't even need to be that advanced. An auto response of "Thank you for your email. Due to a high volume of correspondence we aim to deal with your email within the next X working days" Would help cut down on the number of repeat emails to wade through.
I believe you do get something similar when emailing the main customer services emails

You’re not wrong. Thought I was over the obsession but the recent interviews have riled me up

Not overly bothered about ballots etc, just get angry when they have soundbites about being open to more transparency when it’s a complete lie

Yeah, that's just incredibly sad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I expect gold to be bigger after the next update - he is saying there’s 51k on it now

I expect gold to be bigger after the next update - he is saying there’s 51k on it now
I would be stunned if it doesn’t go to at least 3800, games a bogey soon enough.

Thing is, how many of those additional members are ST holders? That should be the driver as to whether gold and silver increase

They already have this

As you say later, I think something like that happens with the Contact Us means of communicating with the Club.

Main point, of course, is that if they fix the ticketing platform (did I see someone say earlier that Bisgrove said something about going out to tender for a ticketing partner - or was that simply for a CTM replacement?) they could cut down dramatically on enquiries. I'd warrant it would reduce things by at least a half. Some of it should be so simple - like upgrading/downgrading of adult/child tickets. Should be an easy fix to let you do that and pay any necessary difference online or have any credit added to your Account. Same with sorting out the endless issues folk have with buying for Friendship Groups. Just making the purchase process work flawlessly would be a huge leap forward.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Excellent interview with very good questions. Very good detail on how the £27m commercial revenue is made up

For me Bisgrove is someone who is doing his job very well. It is up to him to bring all revenue avenues to the table and he has excelled at that. The board don’t have to pursue all of them which has been the main problem
I agree with that. One of the few at board level who are delivering!

Back