Heart and Hand Bisgrove Interview

Aye, I'm not buying that £30m figure at all. No way that doesn't include ticket income.
It would also include multi-year deals that would not all be recorded as Revenue in one year nor would we receive all of the cash up front.

Sales does not equal Revenue does not equal Cash

Not a dig at H&H, but any interviews members of our board give, should be free for all to hear/see.

It's not too much to ask.
No they shouldn’t, content takes time and money to put together and many on hear that moan about free access will happily scoop a few pints before a game but refuse to pay less than a pint a month on access to quality Rangers content

Did I hear him correctly? The target for commercial income exceeded the £27.9mil target and his department have earned the club over £30mil?
Sure he said 30m was the target for this season.

He went through what makes up the figures, tickets, prize money etc is not included.

He said that when he arrived in 2018 the total was 8m

I'm critical of the board but this guy is very good imo.

Listening to it just now.

Six minutes in he confirms Celtic away is top down. Was unaware of this and thought it was a ballot within gold tier.
He’s talking bollocks, again.

My son got a piggery ticket but didn’t get Liverpool.

I’m not even going to bother listening to the interview when he clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

See regarding the CL packages, Bisgrove blamed the online provider for not being able to stagger payments

How is that even right? Did they not take off 3 individual payments last season but all were on the same day?

Could they not programme it to take off half initially and then the other half before the Liverpool game. Am I being too simplistic here

No they shouldn’t, content takes time and money to put together and many on hear that moan about free access will happily scoop a few pints before a game but refuse to pay less than a pint a month on access to quality Rangers content
Supporters should have to pay to hear what the board are saying?

I wouldnt give them any more stupid ideas

Just a few mins in - so apologies if it’s been covered.

Not sure the Gold MyGers view is accurate. (David’s opening synopsis)

I’ve had one ticket for away games.

Folk on here in silver with Hibs and Aberdeen.

Reading between the lines he confirms the club equates mygers "loyalty" as how much you spend with Rangers - not how much you spend on following Rangers away.

Bisgrove’s comments about Sportemongo were outrageous. ‘Aye we probably shouldn’t have done that but we made some money so it’s fine’. Also claimed the club took ownership of the issue. Really? If that’s an example of the club taking ownership then we are totally screwed.

I find it hard to criticise Bisgrove, he's completing his remit within the club. In simple terms, I see that as growing commercial revenue which is clearly happening.

I also don't have much issue with John Bennett, although I think his interview in hindsight was a bit of a car crash.

I'd really like to see Ross Wilson face questions soon though, can we get an interview with him and address the absolute mess of the current squad?

His Champions League babble is complete bluster.

Recognises the riches of the CL and what it brings in terms of revenue, then goes onto say we chose to price it high, but he’s aware costs are too high for fans…

Then concludes, it can’t be a supply and demand equation with Rangers, as that isn’t a true metric as we’d always break that theory as a football club.

Ripped off on tickets, that’s clear.

Sure he said 30m was the target for this season.

He went through what makes up the figures, tickets, prize money etc is not included.

He said that when he arrived in 2018 the total was 8m

I'm critical of the board but this guy is very good imo.

A commercial director in any other club that almost quadruples their department's income would be seen as a massive asset and revered by the full fanbase.

On here though he's a snake, liar, charlatan etc.

So many angry wee men occupy and pollute these threads. They clearly have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives so sit raging on a messgeboard all day, everyday.

That's fair. But again, if my perception is wrong - and it's entirely feasible it is - it's a chance to put me and others who share that perception right. And judging by the messages I get, a lot of fans share that view.

Yeah I am same, I have had Hibs away and that’s it.

We’ll, USG, Ajax and PSV too as the missus likes to remind me of

Commercial Breakdown from Bisgrove..

Sponsors : £8M
Retail £6-7M
Hospitality £6-7M
Mygers £1.5-2M
Broadcast (RTV) : TBC
Soccer Academies : £1M
Conferences Etc : TBC
Digital Media : £0.5M (adverts from social media)
Other events eg Harry Styles : TBC

Bisgrove’s comments about Sportemongo were outrageous. ‘Aye we probably shouldn’t have done that but we made some money so it’s fine’. Also claimed the club took ownership of the issue. Really? If that’s an example of the club taking ownership then we are totally screwed.
He started with an apology for it - did you miss that ?

That's fair. But again, if my perception is wrong - and it's entirely feasible it is - it's a chance to put me and others who share that perception right. And judging by the messages I get, a lot of fans share that view.
What’s your view on gold members? That gold get all the tickets?

European aways being included in mygers was ridiculous from the outset but I’d agree it’s turning into a closed shop for the smaller European allocations or glamour ties. The issue is, everyone wants your Liverpool/Leipzig’s/Sevilles but make excuses for USG/PSV etc

Gold isn’t more beneficial than silver for hampden. The only really benefit of gold is European aways.

Domestically last season we got 7 because there was only 2200 in gold from July 2021 to December 2021, when it increased to 2500 in Q3 in January 2022 and 2950 odd in April 2022, the people in gold since July 2021 got shafted. I got 2 tickets from January 2022 to May 2022 and know of people that got Hearts and Celtic in the split (because they’d been promoted when gold increased)

This season gold will be lucky to get 4 tickets unless there’s Scottish cup away games with a decent allocation

Kudos on the commercial revenue.
Partnerships = £8m
Castore = £7m
Hospitality = £7m
MyGers = £2m
Broadcast/RTV = £X
Soccer academies = £1m
Catering (non match day) = £1.5m
Digital Media = £500k
Stadium Tours/Events = £750k
NE House = £2m (£1m profit)

Some big numbers in there.

Up from a high of £14m.

I think some of the partnerships are shite and not fit for purpose, but that’s another topic.

A commercial director in any other club that almost quadruples their department's income would be seen as a massive asset and revered by the full fanbase.

On here though he's a snake, liar, charlatan etc.

So many angry wee men occupy and pollute these threads. They clearly have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives so sit raging on a messgeboard all day, everyday.
I have no axe to grind with Bisgrove, indeed the headline figures look impressive.

But real analysis cannot be made until the detail behind the headline is studied.
And there’s little doubt that on field achievements will be a major factor in commercial revenue no matter who is in charge.

Kudos on the commercial revenue.
Partnerships = £8m
Castore = £7m
Hospitality = £7m
MyGers = £2m
Broadcast/RTV = £X
Soccer academies = £1m
Catering (non match day) = £1.5m
Digital Media = £500k
Stadium Tours/Events = £750k
NE House = £2m (£1m profit)

Some big numbers in there.

Up from a high of £14m.

I think some of the partnerships are shite and not fit for purpose, but that’s another topic.
The mygers income can’t be right unless it’s purely for membership fees?

Would add ons be included in different revenue streams?

I'm convinced no one at the club has a clue how bad ticketing is now under MyGers, his top down answer just shows you how much he knows in all honesty. Guys like Greg and the TO staff are left to take the abuse when it goes tits up - which definitely isn't fair IMO.

He suggested Australia, no?

Bisgrove feels little reckless in his pursuit for headline revenue numbers.

We are more than a business. We have a set of standards to adhere to.

NFT, sportmongo, Aus etc - these are all well below the mark expected.

He’s clearly energetic and likely loved by the board. As a fan, I find him a little chaotic.
He would prostitute his own granny if it increased overall commercial revenues.

Robertson and co should be keeping him in check over things like the friendly proposal. If he’s came forward with a £3m proposal for two friendlies in Australia that’s actually impressive.

It should be the job of the “Rangers” men like Robertson to tell him a friendly against them is a complete no go and won’t go down well with the support.

Grown men having full blown breakdowns about their place on a list for tickets :))

If there’s Rangers fans in an away end that’s all that matters really. If you get a ticket, fair enough, if not, thems the breaks and you go again.

Doesn’t matter if you are “top” of gold (you probably won’t be as stuff like that wouldn’t and shouldn’t be revealed. If you are gold then you have the same chance as anyone else in that group.

If you think you are a special case and entitled, more fool you.

He would prostitute his own granny if it increased overall commercial revenues.

Robertson and co should be keeping him in check over things like the friendly proposal. If he’s came forward with a £3m proposal for two friendlies in Australia that’s actually impressive.

It should be the job of the “Rangers” men like Robertson to tell him a friendly against them is a complete no go and won’t go down well with the support.
Borlocks - its his job to maximise revenue . As mentioned above - Bisgrove's cut and accent dont do him favours with some who think that matters in his role.

He's the most impressive director at the club by some distance.

Suffers on here by not being called Ally McStaunch, not being a boyhood fan and has an accent from south of Carlisle.

Couldn’t agree more, he has absolutely delivered on commercial front

If everyone at the club were doing their job as well as he is then we would be in a very decent place

Of course they will
Obviously they’ll be recorded but I’m asking where

I’d have thought including add ons into the mygers pilar would help paint a better picture of mygers if it was including all revenue associated with it

I'm convinced no one at the club has a clue how bad ticketing is now under MyGers, his top down answer just shows you how much he knows in all honesty. Guys like Greg and the TO staff are left to take the abuse when it goes tits up - which definitely isn't fair IMO.
Last season, July to December, literally no gold member could moan as we were getting rewarded (minus the St Mirren/Motherwell cock up during Q2 update)

Since January, for domestic aways it’s changed to a fairness scheme. I have no real anger towards that as you couldn’t have golds finishing on 9/10 tickets and silvers on 2/3 with loads of bronze on 0/1

But the club tried to deflect/hide the reasons why it was happening and they talk about transparency. Greg said to me, and I’m paraphrasing here, “maybe the club overdelivered to golds in Q1 and Q2”. They didn’t overdeliver, the scheme was working as it should, they seen silvers/bronzes rightly pissed off and they changed it

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what you took from that interview ? Not sure you've listened.
I was extremely critical of the mygers stuff, went back and listened to the rest which wasn’t as bad

The part about the IT system interested me though as they’ve known for years it’s substandard. Without knowing how long tenders last, I’d hope this process wasn’t only recently started considering Robertson inferred to us in August 2021, after ross county debacle, they knew it was an issue

Couldn’t agree more, he has absolutely delivered on commercial front

If everyone at the club were doing their job as well as he is then we would be in a very decent place

100%.

Bisgrove was recruited to increase our commercial income and he's done that in spades.

He's certainly delivering for Rangers.

He started with an apology for it - did you miss that ?
Not really - did you miss the comments in my post. He expressed regret at the partnership but most of his comments revolved around the fact that the club ended up making money from it. It was a complete embarrassment for the club and the fans.

Top interview - enjoyed that.

I hope you’re rewarded with a Livi away, post split :)

Back