Heart and Hand Bisgrove Interview

Some of the reactions in here to this just sum up our biggest issue right now.

Too many people are absolutely revelling in moaning.

Yes, there's been mistakes made and things still to fix, but the majority of that interview was positive and a real validation of the job Bisgrove has done in terms of our marketing income. The figures there are a real

But people are focused on a mistake about tickets for the Piggery, an unforeseen issue that other clubs have had with regards Sportemongo and crypto companies in general, and just making up nonsense to moan about.

Honestly, what's the point in all the negativity? What purpose does it serve?

That's brought in £4m so far that has went into first team budgets so good on him
It’s not £4m, it’s way more than that.

Anything with mygers points included are intrinsically linked to it. For example, RTV - how many bought it purely for the points?

I’d say add ons probably double it’s revenue for the club

Hope he continues to improve commercial income in the coming years ,the guy has done a good job so far.
More commercial income this year for the club than the entire turnover was for a few seasons not many years ago .

Now fix the on field problems and the club is in really good shape.

Some of the reactions in here to this just sum up our biggest issue right now.

Too many people are absolutely revelling in moaning.

Yes, there's been mistakes made and things still to fix, but the majority of that interview was positive and a real validation of the job Bisgrove has done in terms of our marketing income. The figures there are a real

But people are focused on a mistake about tickets for the Piggery, an unforeseen issue that other clubs have had with regards Sportemongo and crypto companies in general, and just making up nonsense to moan about.

Honestly, what's the point in all the negativity? What purpose does it serve?
Or what’s the point of being deliberately contrarian to almost every majority opinion your fellow fans have as you are?

For example - There was posts on here from as soon as the Sportemongo deal was announced questioning why we were doing deals with companies like that (check my post history). I don’t give a %^*& if other clubs dealt with crooks like that or how much money we bring in- these deals are not befitting of a club like ours.

If anything the interview was an invalidation of the job Bisgrove has done. Deals like the above, unsure of the administration of the MyGers deal he was questioned about. Holding up the shambolic Castore deal as a key pillar for the club despite the many many complaints that must have landed on his desk due to the issues thousands of fans have had with them as our retail partner. If the attitude is ‘to %^*& with the customer, all I care about is the bottom line’ then I guess Bisgrove is doing a great job.

I was extremely critical of the mygers stuff, went back and listened to the rest which wasn’t as bad

The part about the IT system interested me though as they’ve known for years it’s substandard. Without knowing how long tenders last, I’d hope this process wasn’t only recently started considering Robertson inferred to us in August 2021, after ross county debacle, they knew it was an issue

Maybe they looked to do something with current supplier but couldn't as they were not up it but the contract they are in they were providing it to the letter so no way to break contract.

As you say without knowing contract situation and many other things its all guess work

But he doesn’t know how it’s administered so not good on him.
Doubt he knows how to work the ovens in the kitchens the caterers use but not really pertinent.

20000 applications for an away ticket with maybe 1500 available. As he explains they are trying to do it as fair as they can to encourage loyalty but also not creating a closed shop.

Don't get a ticket it's just tough really.

It’s not £4m, it’s way more than that.

Anything with mygers points included are intrinsically linked to it. For example, RTV - how many bought it purely for the points?

I’d say add ons probably double it’s revenue for the club

I don't think they will lump in rtv ect and it will just be the fees minus gift costs that are then used to make improvements to first team, be it facility or team

See regarding the CL packages, Bisgrove blamed the online provider for not being able to stagger payments

How is that even right? Did they not take off 3 individual payments last season but all were on the same day?

Could they not programme it to take off half initially and then the other half before the Liverpool game. Am I being too simplistic here

Full of pish on that he was because they took the Europa League game by game the season before. So unless they changed ticketing partner over the summer he is taking pish saying they couldn’t do it.

Have you not seen how many partners we have? It’s almost 40. Then there’s Castore, then there’s MyGers, then there’s RTV, then there’s tours, then there’s Harry Styles, then there’s hospitality (Bar 72 has more than doubled in price), then there’s online adverts, then there’s the YouTube channel figures, then there’s the advertising boards..

Of course it doesn’t include tickets. Think about how much money tickets bring in alone.
Bar 72 is tickets though.

EH, Champions wall etc that can’t be placed into an obvious one like B team STs obviously be included in the ticketing income
EH will be categorized in beside the project & associated revenue and champions wall will probably go under ad hoc comm revenue

Full of pish on that he was because they took the Europa League game by game the season before. So unless they changed ticketing partner over the summer he is taking pish saying they couldn’t do it.

I'm sure they took 3 payments, but they all came out on the same day.
I'm not sure the reasoning as to why the system can handle season tickets in 4 payments, but not 3 with the CL.
It's possible it's very labour intensive and they don't just have the staff to deal with that along with the normal ticketing during the season

I think Bisgrove is full of corporate gobbledigook but that doesn't mean he's poor at his job.

The two things I think he has that were missing from our club (and the spfl in general as they continually prove) is that he knows the going rate for commercial deals at the top level and he knows how to look after sponsors and partners very well - even if that causes some friction when it's time to hand out tickets for big games.

There are times when I still think he needs chaperoned by someone who "knows the score" and shouldn't be let out in public unattended in case he sells the John Greig statue or does a deal to get a green strip but that's a failure on the club's part to properly educate him on the environment.

It’ll go out free later but yes, it’s deliberately behind our paywall first. I’d like people to sign up, I admit it!

You’ve got a right nerve charging people for the podcasts when you’re opening you own Estate Agents. You must be rolling in it!!!!

(Very similar colour scheme to the late great Ayrshire Estate Agents Goodfellow’s so we know it’s you! Also the Lisa Simpson doll)

Last edited:
I've been going on about this since I heard similar figures mentioned by Robertson a while back but Hospitality was never classified as commercial income in the accounts so it seems a bit disingenuous to include them in the overall 'commercial revenue' figure when talking about how much is has increased from what it was previously.

f61904f54dc004b81e92ee6da3c03753.png

Initially liked what his ideas were. An immediately impressive individual.

Hes simply squeezed any good will I had for him out of me.

Shafted at every opportunity. Too many poor decisions (see sportmongo etc) and not being able to get the basics corrected despite them being easy to correct. It's simple stuff that he is failing with.

Shame on you James.

Great interview David.

I've been going on about this since I heard similar figures mentioned by Robertson a while back but Hospitality was never classified as commercial income in the accounts so it seems a bit disingenuous to include them in the overall 'commercial revenue' figure when talking about how much is has increased from what it was previously.

f61904f54dc004b81e92ee6da3c03753.png
It would be interesting to know if hospitality supporters have had a marked improvement in service since they have been redefined as "commercial" income or if it is simply just for accounting purposes.

Sponsors : £8M
Retail £6-7M
Hospitality £6-7M
Mygers £1.5-2M
Broadcast (RTV) : TBC
Soccer Academies : £1M
Conferences Etc : TBC
Digital Media : £0.5M (adverts from social media)
Other events eg Harry Styles : TBC

Bar 72 is tickets though.
What was Bar72 ticket income for our club is now over 20% of 'his' hospitality income for our club, done on the fly and straight from the normal punters pockets. North of £1.25m a season. Was hospitality not counted as tickets previously?

I would imagine there are other instances of club revenue streams being altered / used to pad his figures in the same way. But fair enough, his job is to increase revenue regardless of where it comes from.

But now it is club72 you at least get a snack as well as a prog, pint + pie that comes off of the 100% price hike when it changed to 'corporate' from tickets. So not all profit from the punters pockets :))

I would be stunned if it doesn’t go to at least 3800, games a bogey soon enough.

Thing is, how many of those additional members are ST holders? That should be the driver as to whether gold and silver increase
Would it be possible to get into gold if not a ST holder with the 120 points it earns each year ?

Would it be possible to get into gold if not a ST holder with the 120 points it earns each year ?
No, because you’d have had to be a ST holder to get away/finals cccs points + TC

You could be in gold having missed 17/18 season, so long as you bought all add ons since and we’re on decent TC points

He said Castore and commercial partners brings in 15 million. Then he listed all the other commercial deals bringing in another 15 million. Tickets not included in the commercial total.
The guy has been different class since he came in, a young single guy who will be on a decent wage and all some of them on here could go on about is the car he drove
Petty jealousy

His 'get out', if that's the right term, will be that he said 'I think' it was top down. Arguably he should have known, I can accept that, but he did qualify his statement in that way. Obviously, for most, that won't - or shouldn't - be the biggest takeaway from the interview. Surely?
The people most concerned about this are probably those who would happily give Celtic the whole broomloan road stand again.

Back