Heart and Hand Podcast Bank Holiday Special - Kevin Thomson

Brilliant. Got so much respect for Thomson, a brilliant player in his uninjured prime and a thoroughly good person too. Also seems to have something about him as a coach too and shows a lot of ‘genuine’ passion for it.

Always remember when I had my seat right next to the players lounge door in the main stand, Walter subbed Thomson off, minutes later he appeared at the lounge door still in full kit, scanning the mainstand nervously.

Turns out his missus had went into labour during the match so he was brought off to go and join her!

Last edited:
KT is always a great listen. His attitude is first class.

Also checked the Colin Hendry interview this morning which is recommended

Very good listen as always with KT

Reminds me very much of Richard Gough when speaking - kinda of quietly spoken but with a very obvious edge to him.

With this guy coaching our kids to "be the best they can be" the future is surely bright.

In an ideal world I'd love to have seen KT in that first Souness team; Souness would have loved Thomson, and playing alongside Souness would have been great for KT - very few know what it takes to play in midfield better than Souness. He's clearly a thinker about football, with many wise words and an intelligent perspective, but also, obviously, a learner of the game. A midfield of Wilkins, Thomson, Souness, Durrant, and later Steven is one where KT would not have been out of place. An absolute class act. Still trying to get my head the fact he is still only 34.

KT's point about increasing the oppo to get the best out of one of the lads is class, hard but true.

Hard graft reaps rewards in all walks of life and makes us winners.

Loved that pod DE.

Rather disappointing pod David.

Listening to you and Thomson speak football for 40 mins is no where near long enough, could genuinely have sat there all evening listening to KT speak about football, Rangers and his and our academy.

Weird because normally people with his accent has me switching off after 40 secs.

Kevin Thompson just advocated Summer football for me, and that is in the first segment of the pod.
Get the kids out playing a summer game in the summer and Scotland might actually rise again.

Rather disappointing pod David.

Listening to you and Thomson speak football for 40 mins is no where near long enough, could genuinely have sat there all evening listening to KT speak about football, Rangers and his and our academy.

Weird because normally people with his accent has me switching off after 40 secs.

You had me worried there!

I love chatting to KT about football because he absolutely loves it. I know it’s just a job to some players but he isn’t one of them. If he’s not coaching, he’s watching a game.

You had me worried there!

I love chatting to KT about football because he absolutely loves it. I know it’s just a job to some players but he isn’t one of them. If he’s not coaching, he’s watching a game.

You can tell just by listening to him. Loves the game and very passionate about what he does and speaks honestly, makes it all the more interesting.

But yeah I was being honest about not long enough was genuinely gutted when it finished.

Just listened to the pod, love listening to KT speaking about our club but football in general.

Absolutely brilliant guy to have coaching in our youth set up.

A fantastic listen.

Is there anyone better out there in terms of coaching/advising our kids? Hard to think of anyone.

Think that might have been the best pod yet. Loved listening to KT's take on what it takes to be a real Rangers player. Was spot on. I listened on the way to work and was ready to tackle anyone by the time I got there!

Good listen as always. Like DE I could listen to KT talk all day. Intrigued to know who the youth player he wanted to see struggle in the bounce match. Obviously holds him in high regard.

Looks like the club have won a watch with the KT appointment. His passion and enthusiasm must rub off on the youngsters.

Back