Heart and Hand podcast

Leedsbear75

Madness

I subscribe at £7.99 level (realise that’s not for everyone due to cost etc) and I listen to probably a quarter of what they put out

I pay to that level mainly to support the great work the guys do

At £1.99 you could still support them and pick and choose what you listen to surely!

Just miles better than anything the MSM serve up for us as Rangers fans
That is probably my view, £2 a week. Bargain.

I used to try to listen to it all now I pick and choose. So much great content

hms

I’m a top tier blue pound giver so I’d prefer my jacket waxed now and again.

To be honest I don’t listen to a lot close season but it changes during the season when there’s game content.

I’ve shows I listen to and shows I don’t, likewise with certain podders, if I hear them on a show I’ll switch off and there’s podders I’ll listen to specifically as I enjoy their input but I won’t name names as they’re doing the best they can and they’re probably not trying to have me as their target audience, plus they might be decent in person.

What I will say is Caroline who was on the daily yesterday was very eloquent and and hopefully we’ll hear more of her.

What I’d urge other Bears to do is either give this or any other Rangers podcast a listen to and starve the main stream media of our attention.

Also as a footnote, the interview with Michael Beale was one of the best shows they’ve produced.

Laudrup1

I’m not quite that bad:cool: but it mildly annoys me though.
As @hms says above, they are amateurs and that's a consideration for it all.

With that specific podder though, his reaction to what was constructive criticism and a valid issue (not made by me, but two other three subscribers on the Patreon thread) about one of the interviews he'd done was bang out of order.

Still, it's not an issue for me on the platform given the amount of content on it. Not everything is going to be to everyone's taste.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer

With that specific podder though, his reaction to what was constructive criticism and a valid issue (not made by me, but two other three subscribers on the Patreon thread) about one of the interviews he'd done was bang out of order.

Still, it's not an issue for me on the platform given the amount of content on it. Not everything is going to be to everyone's taste.
I must have missed that.

hms

Exactly, I know from personal experience how difficult public speaking is. Put me in front of a client / boardroom and even a lodge and I’m fine, stick any type of mic and it’s a disaster.

If there’s criticism, take it on the chin as long as it’s not abusive, move on and make yourself better

vanderhogg

As a recent subscriber, the only negative is when I have to quit listening partway through a pod, there is no "bookmark" when I return to it. I am listening on the Patreon app. Is there a better option that will remember where I was? Preferably something that doesn't require downloading the pod tp my phone.
Hi mate. This link should help - Patreon isn't the greatest application / host, but it's pretty much the market leader. However it does let you use other podcast hosts (e.g. the standard Apple podcast app).

Instructions in the link: https://heartandhand.co.uk/pages/patreon

Elvis

The top package is just fantastic. However recent changes in work and life mean I cannot listen to nearly half as much as I'd like to. Christ, I've only just finished the Advocaat Years and as an early subscriber, that's pretty poor going! The important thing to remember though is you're not just subscribing for your own pleasure. You subscribe to ensure this continues and more have the opportunity to find it in the future.

I have a fortnight holed up next to a pool in Turkey in the next month or two and I'll have two weeks of blissful listening, catching up on as many shows as I can and looking like a prick for laughing out loud when least expected. Can't wait!

Oh, and as a technological moron, I've only recently discovered that I can say "Alexa, play Heart and Hand: The Rangers Podcast" and I don't need to piss about on a device to find the flagship pod or preview show. Get any tech illiterate member of the Rangers supporting family an Echo Dot!

vanderhogg

The top package is just fantastic. However recent changes in work and life mean I cannot listen to nearly half as much as I'd like to. Christ, I've only just finished the Advocaat Years and as an early subscriber, that's pretty poor going! The important thing to remember though is you're not just subscribing for your own pleasure. You subscribe to ensure this continues and more have the opportunity to find it in the future.

I have a fortnight holed up next to a pool in Turkey in the next month or two and I'll have two weeks of blissful listening, catching up on as many shows as I can and looking like a prick for laughing out loud when least expected. Can't wait!

Oh, and as a technological moron, I've only recently discovered that I can say "Alexa, play Heart and Hand: The Rangers Podcast" and I don't need to piss about on a device to find the flagship pod or preview show. Get any tech illiterate member of the Rangers supporting family an Echo Dot!
Ideally I'd like to hook up an app to Alexa to ask for Patreon shows!

Steve Snedden

As a Bear who left for England before I was 9 years old, and now residing in Luxembourg, I can honestly say that thanks to H&H and FF I have never felt more connected to the club than I do now (and I include when I had a season ticket under Advocaat / McLeish).

I’m a 7.99 subscriber because I think the content is worth it. I probably don’t listen to much more than many 1.99 punters but that’s not the point.

DE’s recollections of Murray’s tenure has been my favorite so far (excepting the David and Scot show). I also really enjoy the much too infrequent Stuff and Nonsense.

I’d love to hear more from occasional guests like Mark Dingwall, Stevie Smith and Scot VdA (and probably many others who gave up their time and contributed much to our support) I know they are busy people but it strikes me that their perspectives would be very welcome. I know H&H and FF are distinct businesses but without a physical fanzine I think we as a support have lost some worthwhile voices.

I know in this new media age that publicity and marketing are viewed with slight suspicion and are perhaps secondary to “organic’” growth. However, I am surprised at the subscription numbers. That’s not a criticism of David, Hoggy et al, their achievements, in less than two years are nothing short of remarkable. I am just genuinely surprised that given our massive fan-base there are not 10K subscribers yet.

SuperGers07

I can't listen to all the shows due to time, but get through as many as I can.

It's tremendous value at £1.99, I;m on the chief exec tier and even that seems a fair price for all the content that gets uploaded.

Been a listener since the inception of the pod, so it's a part of daily life really.

Commentator

The David Murray and me pod about David’s dealings with David Murray,think it’s on the 3.99 level is an outstanding listen and real insight to David’s dealing with him.
Think this was the fourth 'Murray and me'? Anyone know how to search for the others on the Patreon app? I think I might have heard one previously but I'd love to hear the others.

Edit - Scratch that, just saw Kanye West has already provided the answer.

Discodale

Plenty to keep me happy among all the output, even though there's a fair few shows I don’t pick up.

The Michael Beale interview was excellent, as was Adam and Ally’s review of the season’s tactics. Worth the money on their own over the last couple of months, I have to say.

Will there be another £7.99 tier live pod? Couldn’t make Friday’s one.

David Edgar

Administrator
Staff member
Plenty to keep me happy among all the output, even though there's a fair few shows I don’t pick up.

The Michael Beale interview was excellent, as was Adam and Ally’s review of the season’s tactics. Worth the money on their own over the last couple of months, I have to say.

Will there be another £7.99 tier live pod? Couldn’t make Friday’s one.
Yes there will be.

I would be lost without H& H now.
As others have said, the daily update is probably worth the money alone. Its now part of my journey home.
I don't believe for a second anyone listens to everything on it, how on earth would you have the time! But I have my favourite shows I always look out for and some of the interviews have been fantastic. The Murray and me is just brilliant having grown up through that era.
& don't think bad of me please, but I have even listened to Patreonising quite a bit. I actually think James is quite a good podder (sorry). Still wouldn't get tired of punching his voice right enough..

tazzabear

I've been listening since the beginning but only recently signed up to the Patreon site for $1.99 to get the extra shows.
Wow , without doubt the best couple of dollars you'll ever spent.
Thoroughly enjoyed the Michael Beale interview and listened today to the Murray and the media podcasts.
The extra content is brilliant .Can highly recommend if anyone is thinking about signing up.
Except Patreonising.

Big Buff

As an ex pat the Daily Update is essential to keep up with all things Rangers. It cuts through all the bull on Social Media.
Agree with others that the Michael Beale interview was absolutely fantastic and that Big Scott is a miss.

Some podders and shows I can take or leave but would pay my subscription for the DU alone.
Honestly, I'd love to see more of the pods where there's a group of podders and they all talk absolute shite for an hour.

Surely there are some new podders that need to be inducted by hosting the Stuff and Nonsense pod?

vanderhogg

As an ex pat the Daily Update is essential to keep up with all things Rangers. It cuts through all the bull on Social Media.
Agree with others that the Michael Beale interview was absolutely fantastic and that Big Scott is a miss.

Some podders and shows I can take or leave but would pay my subscription for the DU alone.
Of course there is. Young Staff is a budding producer.