Heart and Hand podcast

Interesting people cancelling because there's too much content and they don't listen to it. If you only listen to 20% of the shows why would you pay for the full thing. Although if you look at like I'm paying 1.99 a month for daily updates or 1 or 2 other shows then surely its justifiable and you just ignore the rest.

Became a subscriber since the start. Excellent value. My favourites are the daily update, patreonising, Rangers bet remembers, Murray and me and blue scarves on.
If I had 1 complaint it would be I don't enjoy the flagship as much without Scot Vandenakker. It's too serious now. Although I know that 1 is free

Just finished reading David's book today which is well worth a read as well.

I’ve been on the $1.99 level for the last 3 weeks or so-wish I’d done it before now! So much content with the daily update being essential listening. I’m on the David Murray series just now-great insight into what went on behind the scenes. I’m using the Patreon app for iPhone-is there a search facility that I’m missing as it’s a little tricky to find the older episodes without a whole load of scrolling!

https://heartandhandarchive.com/

My brother got me onto this for my birthday this year via the pauper level ($1.99) and it's one of my best presents ever. Well at least off of him (bants, LOL), honestly my fellow Presbyterians, non believers and A N others the best 2 bucks you'll spend anywhere. Apart from Slorry, obvs!

As a recent subscriber, the only negative is when I have to quit listening partway through a pod, there is no "bookmark" when I return to it. I am listening on the Patreon app. Is there a better option that will remember where I was? Preferably something that doesn't require downloading the pod tp my phone.

Yes, absolutely. Try Podcast Addict mate.

Patreon assure us the memory thing will be fixed in a coming update.

Been a H&H fan from day one

Beale was fascinating but go back and listen to the interview Hoggy did with the bear from New Zealand....it’s top notch!

Listening to this now after reading your post.

I must have missed it at the time.

Brilliant so far.

Became a subscriber since the start. Excellent value. My favourites are the daily update, patreonising, Rangers bet remembers, Murray and me and blue scarves on.
If I had 1 complaint it would be I don't enjoy the flagship as much without Scot Vandenakker. It's too serious now. Although I know that 1 is free

Still waiting on @David Edgar finishing the audio book!

Certainly changed my daily grind

£2 a month ffs unbelievable
Don't even bother with clyde etc, why would you, some the stuff H&H are putting out wipes the floor with the MSM crap. Michael Beale, big Amo the tactics talk to name a few just in the last few months, are better than anything heard on Scottish football in the last two decades

As a recent subscriber, the only negative is when I have to quit listening partway through a pod, there is no "bookmark" when I return to it. I am listening on the Patreon app. Is there a better option that will remember where I was? Preferably something that doesn't require downloading the pod tp my phone.

Download the episode. Its the only way I got around the same issue. I do that always and listen through Samsung music app.

1. Because my train journey home through the arse ends of Renfrewshire and Ayrshire mean i lose signal so downloading is better.

2. I can pause, forward, bookmark where I am.

3. Be careful... this is weird. I listen through Bluetooth headphones. Then when I go to listen to the radio app, pause the song on my bluetooth headset, when I unpause it automatically starts H&H where I left off and not the radio.

This is either because Samsung Music is the default or David Edgar has taken over my phone. Who knows...

Really enjoyed the Murray tales today.

Superb insight into the personal battles that went on.

I like the vast majority of the contributors, the only one that gets marked down is the lad that keeps saying ‘I fink’, ‘one two free’, ‘I fought he had a good game’ etc.

Yup. I know exactly who you mean and I just skip shows he's on.

Theres plenty else to enjoy.

That’s Cammy. Hoggy will run it till Cammy is old enough.

Good to see we have got a proper transition plan in place as most communist dictators should aspire to.

Guessing you're going for a Kim Il Sung as opposed to a Tito ( not the member of the Jackson 5 ) style handover of power.

Good to see we have got a proper transition plan in place as most communist dictators should aspire to.

Guessing you're going for a Kim Il Sung as opposed to a Tito ( not the member of the Jackson 5 ) style handover of power.

Yes. Founding principles and all that.

Flagship is essential listening on a Monday dissecting the weekends game with a fair few decent podders, I particularly like Andy, big Alex and Cammy but plenty other good contributors.

Been a subscriber since it launched and upgraded my subscription twice since, flagship, hoggy’s hamper, daily update and Rbr are my staple but something for everyone, the Patreonising episode with Ramone was priceless!

Madness

I subscribe at £7.99 level (realise that’s not for everyone due to cost etc) and I listen to probably a quarter of what they put out

I pay to that level mainly to support the great work the guys do

At £1.99 you could still support them and pick and choose what you listen to surely!

Just miles better than anything the MSM serve up for us as Rangers fans

That is probably my view, £2 a week. Bargain.

I used to try to listen to it all now I pick and choose. So much great content

I’m a top tier blue pound giver so I’d prefer my jacket waxed now and again.

To be honest I don’t listen to a lot close season but it changes during the season when there’s game content.

I’ve shows I listen to and shows I don’t, likewise with certain podders, if I hear them on a show I’ll switch off and there’s podders I’ll listen to specifically as I enjoy their input but I won’t name names as they’re doing the best they can and they’re probably not trying to have me as their target audience, plus they might be decent in person.

What I will say is Caroline who was on the daily yesterday was very eloquent and and hopefully we’ll hear more of her.

What I’d urge other Bears to do is either give this or any other Rangers podcast a listen to and starve the main stream media of our attention.

Also as a footnote, the interview with Michael Beale was one of the best shows they’ve produced.

I’m not quite that bad:cool: but it mildly annoys me though.

As @hms says above, they are amateurs and that's a consideration for it all.

With that specific podder though, his reaction to what was constructive criticism and a valid issue (not made by me, but two other three subscribers on the Patreon thread) about one of the interviews he'd done was bang out of order.

Still, it's not an issue for me on the platform given the amount of content on it. Not everything is going to be to everyone's taste.

With that specific podder though, his reaction to what was constructive criticism and a valid issue (not made by me, but two other three subscribers on the Patreon thread) about one of the interviews he'd done was bang out of order.

Still, it's not an issue for me on the platform given the amount of content on it. Not everything is going to be to everyone's taste.

I must have missed that.

Exactly, I know from personal experience how difficult public speaking is. Put me in front of a client / boardroom and even a lodge and I’m fine, stick any type of mic and it’s a disaster.

If there’s criticism, take it on the chin as long as it’s not abusive, move on and make yourself better

Been a H&H fan from day one

Beale was fascinating but go back and listen to the interview Hoggy did with the bear from New Zealand....it’s top notch!

Thanks fella. If you fancy doing similar...... just give me a shout.

Hi mate. This link should help - Patreon isn't the greatest application / host, but it's pretty much the market leader. However it does let you use other podcast hosts (e.g. the standard Apple podcast app).

Instructions in the link: https://heartandhand.co.uk/pages/patreon

The top package is just fantastic. However recent changes in work and life mean I cannot listen to nearly half as much as I'd like to. Christ, I've only just finished the Advocaat Years and as an early subscriber, that's pretty poor going! The important thing to remember though is you're not just subscribing for your own pleasure. You subscribe to ensure this continues and more have the opportunity to find it in the future.

I have a fortnight holed up next to a pool in Turkey in the next month or two and I'll have two weeks of blissful listening, catching up on as many shows as I can and looking like a prick for laughing out loud when least expected. Can't wait!

Oh, and as a technological moron, I've only recently discovered that I can say "Alexa, play Heart and Hand: The Rangers Podcast" and I don't need to piss about on a device to find the flagship pod or preview show. Get any tech illiterate member of the Rangers supporting family an Echo Dot!

The top package is just fantastic. However recent changes in work and life mean I cannot listen to nearly half as much as I'd like to. Christ, I've only just finished the Advocaat Years and as an early subscriber, that's pretty poor going! The important thing to remember though is you're not just subscribing for your own pleasure. You subscribe to ensure this continues and more have the opportunity to find it in the future.

I have a fortnight holed up next to a pool in Turkey in the next month or two and I'll have two weeks of blissful listening, catching up on as many shows as I can and looking like a prick for laughing out loud when least expected. Can't wait!

Oh, and as a technological moron, I've only recently discovered that I can say "Alexa, play Heart and Hand: The Rangers Podcast" and I don't need to piss about on a device to find the flagship pod or preview show. Get any tech illiterate member of the Rangers supporting family an Echo Dot!

Ideally I'd like to hook up an app to Alexa to ask for Patreon shows!

As a Bear who left for England before I was 9 years old, and now residing in Luxembourg, I can honestly say that thanks to H&H and FF I have never felt more connected to the club than I do now (and I include when I had a season ticket under Advocaat / McLeish).

I’m a 7.99 subscriber because I think the content is worth it. I probably don’t listen to much more than many 1.99 punters but that’s not the point.

DE’s recollections of Murray’s tenure has been my favorite so far (excepting the David and Scot show). I also really enjoy the much too infrequent Stuff and Nonsense.

I’d love to hear more from occasional guests like Mark Dingwall, Stevie Smith and Scot VdA (and probably many others who gave up their time and contributed much to our support) I know they are busy people but it strikes me that their perspectives would be very welcome. I know H&H and FF are distinct businesses but without a physical fanzine I think we as a support have lost some worthwhile voices.

I know in this new media age that publicity and marketing are viewed with slight suspicion and are perhaps secondary to “organic’” growth. However, I am surprised at the subscription numbers. That’s not a criticism of David, Hoggy et al, their achievements, in less than two years are nothing short of remarkable. I am just genuinely surprised that given our massive fan-base there are not 10K subscribers yet.

I can't listen to all the shows due to time, but get through as many as I can.

It's tremendous value at £1.99, I;m on the chief exec tier and even that seems a fair price for all the content that gets uploaded.

Been a listener since the inception of the pod, so it's a part of daily life really.

The David Murray and me pod about David’s dealings with David Murray,think it’s on the 3.99 level is an outstanding listen and real insight to David’s dealing with him.

Think this was the fourth 'Murray and me'? Anyone know how to search for the others on the Patreon app? I think I might have heard one previously but I'd love to hear the others.

Edit - Scratch that, just saw Kanye West has already provided the answer.

Back