Heart & Hand Free Pod - Michael Ball interview

atcolin

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Hi folks

had the pleasure of interviewing Michael this week as part of my Moments that Matter series on Heart and Hand. We have made the show free for all to enjoy during lockdown.

Slightly different show this week as Colin is actually joined by the player in question as Michael Ball joins him for a chat.

Michael talks us through his choices of “Moments that Matter”

• His Debut for Everton
  • His first goal for Everton
  • His England Cap
  • Winning Player of the month in his first month after injury at Rangers
  • His first Silverware at Rangers
  • Helicopter Sunday
They also look at the music that was in the charts around the time of each Moment and discover that Michael is a big Rap fan but also has a good story about Helicopter Sunday and the cheeky girls…

Michael also talks about his relationship with David Murray, paying to play for Rangers, The differences between Dick Advocaat and Alex McLeish and also on his time at PSV, Man City and Leicester.

Enjoy

I dip in our and out of your series to be honest Colin. But having the player himself definitely adds to the appeal. Will certainly give this a listen later.

My abiding memory of him was us not playing him when he got to a certain amount of games as it would trigger an add on and a payment to Everton.

I always remember thinking when it happened why did we sign a left back when at that point we had one of our best ever left backs and a decent back up in Vidmar. I wasnin holiday when he signed and the signing seemed to come out the blue but perhaps been away I missed a lot of the build up to him signing. Again tho for the money paid very strange.

Strangely, given everything that happened with Ball's time at Rangers, this is always the first thing I think of when I hear his name.
Having a very public go at the manager tends to stick in the mind, especially where it happened. Not our finest moment.

Ball was a good player but the outlay in that area of the pitch was extremely extravagant.

What a great listen that was! I love this podcast at the best of times but actually having the player in question explain his moments for himself was superb! Michael spoke well and gave some good insights into life at Ibrox at that time. Some more pods along these lines would go down well-certainly with me!

What a great listen that was! I love this podcast at the best of times but actually having the player in question explain his moments for himself was superb! Michael spoke well and gave some good insights into life at Ibrox at that time. Some more pods along these lines would go down well-certainly with me!

they would with me too! I’ll try and get some more.

Michael was a very good player, sadly affected badly by injury - but no way should he have been playing at centre back for us - he was too small.

Back