Hearts’ Ann Budge courts clubs in bid to win support for reconstruction

Gazb1962

If she goes to court she will be ripped apart, they should be relegated if the league has been called as it stands.

It’s corruption in front of our own eyes with no attempt to hide it.

There must surely be some dishes to wash or hoovering in the house.

Piss off, your out of your depth and an embarrassment to your club.

DEJA BLUE

It will never happen. Any reconstruction requires an 11-1 vote and it also requires reducing any cash you get from the league so self interest will absolutely torpedo this.

Budge will have to go to court, and I hope she does.
Thought the make it up as they like gang made it 9-3 now?

Coatbridge Chancellor

m8 the will go to sky offering an inverness derby, dundee derby, glasgow derby and edinbrugh derby all for peanuts, throw in free league sponsorship etc

All to stop this going to court which all stems from gifting celtic a title.

Our board need to get Stranraer onside NOW

A 16 split will still have 4 old firm games
Stranraer were one of the most financially vulnerable clubs in the league system BEFORE Covid-19. Now they are up against the wall.
I don't know what help they would be to us but they face a fight for survival, they sure as hell ain't going to be going to court for anything.

Harrogate Bluenose

Stranraer were one of the most financially vulnerable clubs in the league system BEFORE Covid-19. Now they are up against the wall.
I don't know what help they would be to us but they face a fight for survival, they sure as hell ain't going to be going to court for anything.
They said in their statement they would tag along with like minded clubs. They don't need to finance if its a joint case as we will cover costs and our legal counsel said this was an advantage to us.

We need stranraer to allow the forensic examination of the vote. As this is their grievance, ours remit is based on Doncaster.

Gazb1962

Every other club is happy to f*ck us over to get what they want, so we should be doing the same.

Too late now to care about clubs being unfairly punished, let them deal with the corrupt they've been dealt.
Correct, she’s a total embarrassment.

blue genes

It would not be in the least bit surprising if the proposed 14 teams in the top flight became 16 at the request of certain individuals to ensure Dundee were rewarded for changing their vote.

And no-one would utter a word in condemnation....not a peep

Mani

Think the 16 idea included a mental split as well.
Something like play each other home and away. 30 games.
Then split top 6 and bottom 10 into mini leagues.
Top 6 plays each other twice again. Total 40 games.
Bottom 10 play each other once. Total 39 games.

Might be slightly incorrect but was equally bonkers :))
It's mental the gymnastics they're having to pull to get Celtic that CL money. :))

It's almost surreal how corrupt it is.

Watsimo

They should just go the whole hog and just invite who they want to make up the top league as the rules are clearly out the window.

Harrogate Bluenose

It would not be in the least bit surprising if the proposed 14 teams in the top flight became 16 at the request of certain individuals to ensure Dundee were rewarded for changing their vote.

And no-one would utter a word in condemnation....not a peep
Ayr have said they will vote against so to make it 16 gets them onside. Its corrupt and all to give celtic a tainted title.

Now and forever

m8 the will go to sky offering an inverness derby, dundee derby, glasgow derby and edinbrugh derby all for peanuts, throw in free league sponsorship etc

All to stop this going to court which all stems from gifting celtic a title.

Our board need to get Stranraer onside NOW

A 16 split will still have 4 old firm games
How will that work?

devilman

Maybe she should spend more time on the fact the SPFL completely ripped her off and twisted and bent the rules to ensure Celtic won the league at the detriment to nearly every single club in Scotland.

She's made an arse of it and continues to make an arse of it. I generally thought she was a decent character within Scottish football. Always willing to stick up for her club and has put a fair amount of cash in - or at least got the cash coming in. She turned out to be another pointless arsehole in the Scottish game.

Harrogate Bluenose

It was reported after the Friday meeting of top flight clubs that Rangers, the Dhims and Aberdeen were ‘amenable’ to the prospect of reconstruction. What wasn’t clear was whether they’d vote for a permanent proposal rather than a temporary one. I wouldn’t be certain Rangers would vote against.
I would think Rangers want the cabal out more than anything. And will vote for the best way to do that, Look at Dundee and Hearts. Why should we think of others when we are being shat on. No one else cares. We do whats right for Rangers.

onceuponabriggsbear

Maybe is she unshackled her bra, slipped it doon the sleeve of her blouse and threw the warm garment on the table she would let it be seen she needs more support

Valley Bluenose

I would think Rangers want the cabal out more than anything. And will vote for the best way to do that, Look at Dundee and Hearts. Why should we think of others when we are being shat on. No one else cares. We do whats right for Rangers.
Voting no guarantees nothing. I’m far from convinced Hearts will go to Court. We will be slaughtered as hypocrites if we vote against as well. As it happens, I don’t think our vote will be crucial in any case as I’m pretty sure it will be voted down regardless.

Harrogate Bluenose

league of 16 spits after home and away = 30 games

they then have a top 6 that play home and away = 40 games.

The bottom lot play once = 39 games

Sky get there 4 old firm games and a few other derbys too, Give them new league sponsor and Doncaster comes out as the saviour of scottish football.

Dundee happy, ICT, Hearts and Ayr.

In the championship Dunfermline Alloa and Raith do as they are told.

So that the championship vote sorted.

o7o

It will never happen. Any reconstruction requires an 11-1 vote and it also requires reducing any cash you get from the league so self interest will absolutely torpedo this.

Budge will have to go to court, and I hope she does.
Quite literally shes not got the bawz to go to court

Bluethruandthru

If only she had the courage of her convictions she could have fed the family indefinitely instead of begging for crumbs from the fenian table. Fk her and fk hearts they had AMPLE OPPORTUNITY.

tottie beck

As much as I’d prefer 16 teams playing twice a season, we know TV won’t go for it. 14 teams means 52 games with no split or 45 games with one, which is far too many unless you scrap the League Cup. Asking diddy teams to give up the chance of a windfall game against one of the OF, just to save Hearts ass seems a big ask. The only possibility is if she sells it as a one season deal but even then there will be clubs opposed. I wouldn’t rule out this somehow getting pushed through (for the greater good of the game :rolleyes:) but I can’t see the League hierarchy getting away with the same stunts they pulled last time.

It’s more likely Doncaster will come up with the £3,000,000 compensation they wanted, no doubt a loan from Peter, to buy her silence. After all £3,000,000 is a drop in the ocean when you stand to gain £20,000,000

Valley Bluenose

As much as I’d prefer 16 teams playing twice a season, we know TV won’t go for it. 14 teams means 52 games with no split or 45 games with one, which is far too many unless you scrap the League Cup. Asking diddy teams to give up the chance of a windfall game against one of the OF, just to save Hearts ass seems a big ask. The only possibility is if she sells it as a one season deal but even then there will be clubs opposed. I wouldn’t rule out this somehow getting pushed through (for the greater good of the game :rolleyes:) but I can’t see the League hierarchy getting away with the same stunts they pulled last time.

It’s more likely Doncaster will come up with the £3,000,000 compensation they wanted, no doubt a loan from Peter, to buy her silence. After all £3,000,000 is a drop in the ocean when you stand to gain £20,000,000
???

14 teams with top 6/bottom 8 split after two rounds of fixtures (26 games) means the top 6 plays a total of 36 games and the bottom 8 a total of 40 games.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
You’re wrong mate.

I’ve summarised the Articles below.

A change to the League structure that involves a variation, up or down, from the 42 club figure or which involves a redistribution of the prize money - requires 90% approval from the Premiership clubs (11-1). It is classed as a Qualified Resolution. And 75% approval in each of the other two voting blocks.

However, any change that sees the number of clubs remain at 42 - however they are structured - and requires no change in the prize money would be deemed an Ordinary Resolution or a Members Resolution. As such it would require 75% approval from Premiership clubs, 75% approval from Championship clubs and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

Same as the Rangers Members Resolution recently.

If the clubs agree on a reconstruction model that sees the total number of clubs remain at 42 and no changes to the prize money distribution then it only requires the 75% approval from each of the three voting blocks.
How can there possibly be be no changes to prize money distribution?

Valley Bluenose

How can there possibly be be no changes to prize money distribution?
You do know how the prize money distribution works? It’s not per division it’s a percentage from position 1 to position 42. So long as you have 42 clubs then the distribution doesn’t have to change. The cash for positions 13 and 14 simply move up into the top flight. It would, admittedly, leave an inordinately large gap between the prize money for position 12 and positions 13/14 though, and similar gaps in certain areas further down.

It matters not a jot though - it won’t be happening.

Easier to follow if you look at the percentages in this table rather than amounts.