Hearts’ Ann Budge courts clubs in bid to win support for reconstruction

Think the 16 idea included a mental split as well.
Something like play each other home and away. 30 games.
Then split top 6 and bottom 10 into mini leagues.
Top 6 plays each other twice again. Total 40 games.
Bottom 10 play each other once. Total 39 games.

Might be slightly incorrect but was equally bonkers :))
It's mental the gymnastics they're having to pull to get Celtic that CL money. :))

It's almost surreal how corrupt it is.

They should just go the whole hog and just invite who they want to make up the top league as the rules are clearly out the window.

They should just cut up wee squares of paper with names on it and arrange them the way they want them.

It would be slightly quicker.

It would not be in the least bit surprising if the proposed 14 teams in the top flight became 16 at the request of certain individuals to ensure Dundee were rewarded for changing their vote.

And no-one would utter a word in condemnation....not a peep

Ayr have said they will vote against so to make it 16 gets them onside. Its corrupt and all to give celtic a tainted title.

m8 the will go to sky offering an inverness derby, dundee derby, glasgow derby and edinbrugh derby all for peanuts, throw in free league sponsorship etc

All to stop this going to court which all stems from gifting celtic a title.

Our board need to get Stranraer onside NOW

A 16 split will still have 4 old firm games
How will that work?

Maybe she should spend more time on the fact the SPFL completely ripped her off and twisted and bent the rules to ensure Celtic won the league at the detriment to nearly every single club in Scotland.

She's made an arse of it and continues to make an arse of it. I generally thought she was a decent character within Scottish football. Always willing to stick up for her club and has put a fair amount of cash in - or at least got the cash coming in. She turned out to be another pointless arsehole in the Scottish game.

It was reported after the Friday meeting of top flight clubs that Rangers, the Dhims and Aberdeen were ‘amenable’ to the prospect of reconstruction. What wasn’t clear was whether they’d vote for a permanent proposal rather than a temporary one. I wouldn’t be certain Rangers would vote against.

I would think Rangers want the cabal out more than anything. And will vote for the best way to do that, Look at Dundee and Hearts. Why should we think of others when we are being shat on. No one else cares. We do whats right for Rangers.

Maybe is she unshackled her bra, slipped it doon the sleeve of her blouse and threw the warm garment on the table she would let it be seen she needs more support

I would think Rangers want the cabal out more than anything. And will vote for the best way to do that, Look at Dundee and Hearts. Why should we think of others when we are being shat on. No one else cares. We do whats right for Rangers.

Voting no guarantees nothing. I’m far from convinced Hearts will go to Court. We will be slaughtered as hypocrites if we vote against as well. As it happens, I don’t think our vote will be crucial in any case as I’m pretty sure it will be voted down regardless.

league of 16 spits after home and away = 30 games

they then have a top 6 that play home and away = 40 games.

The bottom lot play once = 39 games

Sky get there 4 old firm games and a few other derbys too, Give them new league sponsor and Doncaster comes out as the saviour of scottish football.

Dundee happy, ICT, Hearts and Ayr.

In the championship Dunfermline Alloa and Raith do as they are told.

So that the championship vote sorted.

It will never happen. Any reconstruction requires an 11-1 vote and it also requires reducing any cash you get from the league so self interest will absolutely torpedo this.

Budge will have to go to court, and I hope she does.
Quite literally shes not got the bawz to go to court

If only she had the courage of her convictions she could have fed the family indefinitely instead of begging for crumbs from the 19th Century Terrorist table. Fk her and fk hearts they had AMPLE OPPORTUNITY.

lGUG2aZ.gif

As much as I’d prefer 16 teams playing twice a season, we know TV won’t go for it. 14 teams means 52 games with no split or 45 games with one, which is far too many unless you scrap the League Cup. Asking diddy teams to give up the chance of a windfall game against one of the OF, just to save Hearts ass seems a big ask. The only possibility is if she sells it as a one season deal but even then there will be clubs opposed. I wouldn’t rule out this somehow getting pushed through (for the greater good of the game :rolleyes:) but I can’t see the League hierarchy getting away with the same stunts they pulled last time.

It’s more likely Doncaster will come up with the £3,000,000 compensation they wanted, no doubt a loan from Peter, to buy her silence. After all £3,000,000 is a drop in the ocean when you stand to gain £20,000,000

As much as I’d prefer 16 teams playing twice a season, we know TV won’t go for it. 14 teams means 52 games with no split or 45 games with one, which is far too many unless you scrap the League Cup. Asking diddy teams to give up the chance of a windfall game against one of the OF, just to save Hearts ass seems a big ask. The only possibility is if she sells it as a one season deal but even then there will be clubs opposed. I wouldn’t rule out this somehow getting pushed through (for the greater good of the game :rolleyes:) but I can’t see the League hierarchy getting away with the same stunts they pulled last time.

It’s more likely Doncaster will come up with the £3,000,000 compensation they wanted, no doubt a loan from Peter, to buy her silence. After all £3,000,000 is a drop in the ocean when you stand to gain £20,000,000

???

14 teams with top 6/bottom 8 split after two rounds of fixtures (26 games) means the top 6 plays a total of 36 games and the bottom 8 a total of 40 games.

You’re wrong mate.

I’ve summarised the Articles below.

A change to the League structure that involves a variation, up or down, from the 42 club figure or which involves a redistribution of the prize money - requires 90% approval from the Premiership clubs (11-1). It is classed as a Qualified Resolution. And 75% approval in each of the other two voting blocks.

However, any change that sees the number of clubs remain at 42 - however they are structured - and requires no change in the prize money would be deemed an Ordinary Resolution or a Members Resolution. As such it would require 75% approval from Premiership clubs, 75% approval from Championship clubs and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

Same as the Rangers Members Resolution recently.

If the clubs agree on a reconstruction model that sees the total number of clubs remain at 42 and no changes to the prize money distribution then it only requires the 75% approval from each of the three voting blocks.
How can there possibly be be no changes to prize money distribution?

How can there possibly be be no changes to prize money distribution?

You do know how the prize money distribution works? It’s not per division it’s a percentage from position 1 to position 42. So long as you have 42 clubs then the distribution doesn’t have to change. The cash for positions 13 and 14 simply move up into the top flight. It would, admittedly, leave an inordinately large gap between the prize money for position 12 and positions 13/14 though, and similar gaps in certain areas further down.

It matters not a jot though - it won’t be happening.

Easier to follow if you look at the percentages in this table rather than amounts.

I sincerely hope our club vote No, not because I'm against reconstruction per say. But purely because if Hearts don't get kept in the top league and are relegated, they must sue the SPFL for compensation of millions, for Votegate jerrymandering.

No matter what you think of Hearts they don't deserve to be relegated without a full season being completed, the same way Celtic don't deserve the title without playing all the games.

That last paragraph still haunts me.
So why do Hearts think there proposal for league reconstruction will pass when they already dismissed it over a week ago?

???

14 teams with top 6/bottom 8 split after two rounds of fixtures (26 games) means the top 6 plays a total of 36 games and the bottom 8 a total of 40 games.
I thought it might be a top 7, bottom 7, split. Either way, 40 or 42 is too many games. Even if they drop the LC we could easily have a good run in Europe which would add up to a dozen extra games. Throw in the SC and your potentially close to 60 games. Far too many. They're supposed to be looking to improve the game, not burn it out. Its so typical of Scottish football that everyone is so focused on their own interests, no one cares about the quality of the product on offer. As long as Hearts get their 4 OF games that's all that matters, nobody gives a damn about about progressing on the European stage, even though it would benefit the national team as well.

I thought it might be a top 7, bottom 7, split. Either way, 40 or 42 is too many games. Even if they drop the LC we could easily have a good run in Europe which would add up to a dozen extra games. Throw in the SC and your potentially close to 60 games. Far too many. They're supposed to be looking to improve the game, not burn it out. Its so typical of Scottish football that everyone is so focused on their own interests, no one cares about the quality of the product on offer. As long as Hearts get their 4 OF games that's all that matters, nobody gives a damn about about progressing on the European stage, even though it would benefit the national team as well.

6/8 is the most likely split so the bottom clubs get two extra games over where they are now (38) to compensate for losing an OF game. The bottom 8 would play 40.

In respect of Rangers, it would see us play two FEWER games, with 36 instead of the current 38.

It won’t happen though.

No matter what you think of Hearts they don't deserve to be relegated without a full season being completed, the same way Celtic don't deserve the title without playing all the games.

I thought that way, initially, but Hearts are happy to go along with the corruption that expelled them from the league, letting those behind the corruption off the hook, so long as those who fvcked them over work it so Hearts remain in the Premier League.

Fvck Hearts, a shameless, cowardly club that seems happy in amongst this shit. They could rid Scottish football of corruption, if they had the gumption. But they don't so fvck them!

It's how they get Brechin into the Spl , a bit tricky but might just happen.

The only thing left to do after they have hibs v mentally challengeds cup final. Celtic will pump them and it will be a good day out for them all.

Rangers are in a tough position as we’ve consistently said through this that clubs shouldn’t be punished in this manner

Hearts were the first team to vote against us and made this statement in 2012:

'It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.'

%^*& Hearts - they have been the worse team in the league for a year and they deserve to go down - I would love Rangers to torpedo their plans.

Split to 4 leagues of 4, 36 games

Oops, meant to quote the 16 team post

You really couldn't make this shite up,you put in charge a person who's club will be shafted before the corrupt decision has been made to come up with reconstruction to save yourself,away and fck.

Split to 4 leagues of 4, 36 games

Oops, meant to quote the 16 team post
While the math works I can’t see that being implemented mate. There are numerous issues, not least the logistics of balancing home and away games. I think it would also make the split so late in the season It would become redundant. Also 2 clubs would need to give up an OF game which potentially could be a cash cow. Under the present system you have 4 teams in with a chance of being in the top six each year, so you need to convince them to give that up. Your also creating 24 absolutely meaningless games with the middle 2 post split leagues, and I can also see problems with getting clubs to agree to that, especially as for 4 it will mean relegation playoffS before the relegation play offs

6/8 is the most likely split so the bottom clubs get two extra games over where they are now (38) to compensate for losing an OF game. The bottom 8 would play 40.

In respect of Rangers, it would see us play two FEWER games, with 36 instead of the current 38.

It won’t happen though.
My heads hurting with all this mate. As is always the case the tail is waggin the dog. Instead of approach reconstruction from the viewpoint of “what will make for better football?” it’s always TV money or diddy teams getting an OF game that rules the debate. Personally I’d like the old 1st division back with 18 teams playing twice a year, home and away. I know thats unlikely because of TV, but you know what, the TV money isn’t great anyway in the grand scheme of things. Instead of marketing the Scottish game around four games a season we should be trying to generation more interesting games outside of the OF and for Scottish teams to perform better in Europe.

spam fudge strikes again.
we own them nothing and only reason they were on side with us was because of them in the relegation position
rangers need to look after rangers
end of story

I seen hearts supporters saying if they go to court and get the 3 million that they will loss it could be more depending how many championship games go ahead.
Each club would be liable for 70k each as spfl have no money.
The think that will scare enough teams into voting for league reconstruction

So the team that is getting relegated is bribing other teams on behalf of the spfl for reconstruction so the spfl doesn’t get there day in court?
Am I reading that right?
Yep and probably cause it ain't us you'll probably see a deal getting done

Back