Hearts’ Ann Budge courts clubs in bid to win support for reconstruction

Surely to %^*& Budge must realise there’s no chance of reconstruction, the SPFL are corrupt and their only option is legal action? Surely by now she must see this? Or is she that naive!

While the math works I can’t see that being implemented mate. There are numerous issues, not least the logistics of balancing home and away games. I think it would also make the split so late in the season It would become redundant. Also 2 clubs would need to give up an OF game which potentially could be a cash cow. Under the present system you have 4 teams in with a chance of being in the top six each year, so you need to convince them to give that up. Your also creating 24 absolutely meaningless games with the middle 2 post split leagues, and I can also see problems with getting clubs to agree to that, especially as for 4 it will mean relegation playoffS before the relegation play offs

I totally realise that some teams would have to forego games against us, that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned, we either do this, or something along those lines, to improve the absolute nonsensical split that we have now.
Of course there are meaningless games at the end of the season, especially from 5th to 12th but I'll bet there's not too many scenarios where this doesn't happen.
On the plus side, this addresses the amount of times we play a team home and away, also takes the number of times we play most teams to one home and one away, then after the splits another 6 games, three home and three away, with the closest rivals in the league.
As for the split being too late, that's the nature of the league at the moment, no scenario is going to fix that unless we had equal revenue sharing throughout the league, which is a separate issue.

You’re wrong mate.

I’ve summarised the Articles below.

A change to the League structure that involves a variation, up or down, from the 42 club figure or which involves a redistribution of the prize money - requires 90% approval from the Premiership clubs (11-1). It is classed as a Qualified Resolution. And 75% approval in each of the other two voting blocks.

However, any change that sees the number of clubs remain at 42 - however they are structured - and requires no change in the prize money would be deemed an Ordinary Resolution or a Members Resolution. As such it would require 75% approval from Premiership clubs, 75% approval from Championship clubs and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

Same as the Rangers Members Resolution recently.

If the clubs agree on a reconstruction model that sees the total number of clubs remain at 42 and no changes to the prize money distribution then it only requires the 75% approval from each of the three voting blocks.

how could a 14 or 16 team top tier not change the prize money? Would the bottom 2 or 4 teams get no money? Or the equivalent of top 2/4 championship money, leaving them increasingly further adrift from the other SPL teams? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Get her and her poxy club to fu*k.Was bought off with promise of reconstruction talks.They fail and she’s threatening court action.When they fail again and they will whats your next step Ann?Arsehole of a woman fu*k her and her club.Ta ta

Hearts no more deserve to get relegated than than the dark side deserve to be handed the title. That’s the facts.
Budge is now selling her soul to try and save her club. I would expect the same from our leaders, if the shoe was on the other foot. A drop to the Championship could end them.
Hearts are arguably the 3rd biggest club in Scottish football . It cannot be good for our game should they fold.

I totally realise that some teams would have to forego games against us, that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned, we either do this, or something along those lines, to improve the absolute nonsensical split that we have now.
Of course there are meaningless games at the end of the season, especially from 5th to 12th but I'll bet there's not too many scenarios where this doesn't happen.
On the plus side, this addresses the amount of times we play a team home and away, also takes the number of times we play most teams to one home and one away, then after the splits another 6 games, three home and three away, with the closest rivals in the league.
As for the split being too late, that's the nature of the league at the moment, no scenario is going to fix that unless we had equal revenue sharing throughout the league, which is a separate issue.
I wasn’t criticizing your idea as much as pointing out the reasons why it would never get the necessary support to implement it. Scottish football really needs to take a long hard look at itself and start thinking from a standpoint of what will improve the football. If we can do that, and increase our representation in Europe, then TV money will look after itself. The SPFL is ruled by fear, which is never a good way to do something constructive. Given the glory days of Scottish football in Europe came in the 60s and early 70s id prefer a return to an 18 team league, playing each other home and away.

how could a 14 or 16 team top tier not change the prize money? Would the bottom 2 or 4 teams get no money? Or the equivalent of top 2/4 championship money, leaving them increasingly further adrift from the other SPL teams? Or am I misunderstanding this?

See post #78. You are misunderstanding in the same way as many other in thinking the top flight has its own prize pot. It doesn’t. The prize pot is distributed via percentages from club 1 all the way down to club 42.

I wasn’t criticizing your idea as much as pointing out the reasons why it would never get the necessary support to implement it. Scottish football really needs to take a long hard look at itself and start thinking from a standpoint of what will improve the football. If we can do that, and increase our representation in Europe, then TV money will look after itself. The SPFL is ruled by fear, which is never a good way to do something constructive. Given the glory days of Scottish football in Europe came in the 60s and early 70s id prefer a return to an 18 team league, playing each other home and away.

I know bud, but what you have to remember is that back when we had an 18 team league the grass roots were a lot different than they are today, there was hardly a blade of grass that didn't have a kid kicking a ball on it, and even then we had dross teams galore, it would be ten times worse nowadays although we more than likely would up the amount of foreign dross than we had back then.
Fair to say that I'm firmly in the camp of we don't have enough talent, nor do we offer enough cash to talented foreigners, to support an 18 team top division.

Club owner consults across the four divisions

Hearts owner Ann Budge is holding in-depth discussions with Scottish clubs as she prepares to finalise her league reconstruction proposal – which will not be ready until Monday at the earliest.
The Edinburgh businesswoman had hoped to circulate her plan by close of business yesterday but is still consulting teams in all four divisions of the Scottish Professional Football League.
She feels she is making progress on a paper to offer an amended structure to help Scottish football through the coronavirus pandemic.

It will involve an expanded Premiership and keep Hearts in the top flight by increasing the number of teams from 12 to 14 or potentially 16.

Budge is speaking with clubs to understand their individual circumstances, financial challenges and concerns before finalising her document.

Monday is the earliest date that the proposal would be ready as Budge tries to ensure the plan is as robust and thorough as possible to give it the best chance of approval.

Hearts suffered an enforced relegation to the Championship on Monday when the SPFL board ratified the termination of season 2019-20.

League reconstruction is the Tynecastle hierarchy’s preferred option. In order to achieve it, Budge would need to submit a members’ resolution for a restructure to the SPFL, which would then require a vote from all 42 clubs. To pass, 11 of the 12 Premiership teams would be required to vote in favour as there would likely be changes to prize money distribution and, potentially, clubs added to the existing 42 SPFL members.

If there was no change in prize money distribution and no extra teams added, only nine top-flight clubs would need to say ‘yes’. Either scenario would also require approval from eight teams in the Championship and 15 in total across League One and League Two.

Hearts would be voting as a Championship side with their top-flight place taken by promoted Dundee United. Daniel Stendel, the Tynecastle manager, is not confident that Budge’s reconstruction plan will succeed. The German coach believes the voting process is stacked against Hearts.
“My experience tells me that the chance is not very big,” 
he said in an interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine.

“Voting is complicated in Scotland. There can only be one or two votes against and it is usually the case in life that, in the end, everyone looks at themselves. But there is still some hope.”
Stendel is frustrated that the campaign was cut short with Hearts four points adrift at the bottom of the Premiership after a 1-0 loss at St Mirren in their final fixture before the shutdown. They had a further eight league games remaining before the SPFL took the decision to end the season early.
Stendel joined Hearts in December and instantly took to the surroundings at Tynecastle Park. “There are 20,000 fans – sometimes louder than 50,000 in Hannover,” he said.
His team beat Rangers twice and won a pulsating Edinburgh derby against Hibs at Easter Road, but he added: “Then you come to St Mirren and lose 1-0.”

Do turkey's vote for Christmas?

Hearts were the first team to vote against us and made this statement in 2012:

'It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.'

%^*& Hearts - they have been the worse team in the league for a year and they deserve to go down - I would love Rangers to torpedo their plans.

I believe that the above quote was from the highly respected Russian Mafia money launderer who is now on the run. A darling of the SPFL.

I think if this reconstruction goes through to save Hearts & promote Dundee then this has been a stitch up from day 1
This would have seen false reconstruction talks to see Hearts relegated & no Dundee promotion take place to ensure the SPFLs corruption is not highlighted in greater detail before the independent enquiry vote only for the vote to save the SPFLs skin & then surprise surprise what Dundee claim to have achieved since their "paused vote" comes to fruition/ back up with the team to be relegated in charge of the reconstruction talks to see who is relegated & promoted saving Hearts & Dundee
Surely this isnt what is happening right in front of our eyes?????

I think if this reconstruction goes through to save Hearts & promote Dundee then this has been a stitch up from day 1
This would have seen false reconstruction talks to see Hearts relegated & no Dundee promotion take place to ensure the SPFLs corruption is not highlighted in greater detail before the independent enquiry vote only for the vote to save the SPFLs skin & then surprise surprise what Dundee claim to have achieved since their "paused vote" comes to fruition/ back up with the team to be relegated in charge of the reconstruction talks to see who is relegated & promoted saving Hearts & Dundee

I would be very surprised if recent events were not included in volume II of our Dossier on maladministration, to refer it in polite terms.

If we as a club are shareholders in the SPFL then we are entitled to challenge the Board for maladministration and breach of the Companies Act.

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Hearts were the first team to vote against us and made this statement in 2012:

'It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.'

%^*& Hearts - they have been the worse team in the league for a year and they deserve to go down - I would love Rangers to torpedo their plans.

Vladimir Romanov wrote that! Strange you would take it so personally! Boy was a nutter.

They’ve had their go a reconstruction and if failed but as everything Scotchland if you don’t get the vote you wanted you keep trying until you do,.
I have sat back shaking my head in disbelief at all the crazy permutations being spouted by all and sundry on here.
Bottom line is Rangers should be refusing to entertain reconstruction because it’s being forced through to save the arses of the people their accusing of failing in the corporate governance of this joke league.
Seeing the way this is going to go and Budge’s complete nativity in reading the situation, not once but twice it is beyond me how any sensible person can look at Scottish football as a fair and winnable league as long as the crooks running it remain.

I would be very surprised if recent events were not included in volume II of our Dossier on maladministration, to refer it in polite terms.

If we as a club are shareholders in the SPFL then we are entitled to challenge the Board for maladministration and breach of the Companies Act.

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.
Do you believe we are working on this yardie ?

Nothing would surprise me in the sewer which is Scottish football. Have Hearts and Dundee been given guarantees? That should be the headline in tomorrow’s papers, but likely it will be some shyte about Lennon’s plans for 10.

With the prospect of a limited championship, not starting for 6 months, it would be the end of hearts. Rangers are likely to get support from budge in future. 2012 is a different regime. Might be worth supporting 14, but Dundee can f@&king lie in it

Do you believe we are working on this yardie ?

Yes, having made a very strong statement of intent we are not just going to walk away. We tested the water with our resolution and now we know exactly what has to be done to loosen the grip of the evil cabal.

A lifelong Liverpool fan on twitter saying it's only right ...that all the leagues are null and void.
No other fair outcome.

Now if a fan of Liverpool can say that... after waiting 30 friggin years? to win this trophy...then the world needs to know their shame, and to never forget this.Either.

See post #78. You are misunderstanding in the same way as many other in thinking the top flight has its own prize pot. It doesn’t. The prize pot is distributed via percentages from club 1 all the way down to club 42.

yeah. I saw your explanation after I posted that. It does seem to bear out the second part of my confusion though - it would leave the bottom 2/4 clubs at an insurmountable financial disadvantage compared to the others. So finishing at the bottom end one year, even without being relegated, would pretty much inevitably lead you to be at the bottom the next year too. You’d end up with the same 4 or 5 clubs locked in the relegation slots forever.

yeah. I saw your explanation after I posted that. It does seem to bear out the second part of my confusion though - it would leave the bottom 2/4 clubs at an insurmountable financial disadvantage compared to the others. So finishing at the bottom end one year, even without being relegated, would pretty much inevitably lead you to be at the bottom the next year too. You’d end up with the same 4 or 5 clubs locked in the relegation slots forever.

Yes mate I agree. That gap between 12th and 13/14th in a 14 team league, with the current prize distribution, would be huge. I'd bet Budge would go with it for a temporary restructuring - but would the others accept that risk? Would they even want a temporary solution, never mind with that huge (in SPFL terms) financial gap?

I don't think this will go through. I'm not as confident as I have been throughout the last 6 weeks or so though.

Back