Hearts’ SPFL reconstruction proposal in full – based on 14-14-14 for two years with option for 14-14-16

"Sky’s numbers would be considerably impoverished by the current plans to relegate Hearts."

No shit. But this didn't seem to be much of an issue in 2012 so it shouldn't be a relevant point now.
We were still shown every other week on Sky - I’m sure that was insisted upon.
Hearts will not feature if remain (correctly) in the Championship.
They are not really an attraction to a TV audience

Its a joke that the proposal is even being considered to say that the premier league needs Hearts more than the championship is unbelievable arrogance on her part.
There is no way this will get voted through

I think the 6 teams who knocked back the last proposal will be saying they are safe now but a vote on Jan 2022 is to much of a gamble on how they will be then and will knock this back. Who knows it could be 2 teams dropping a League plus a third involved in a play off.

If Budge thinks the impact of SPFL saving on a £300k parachute payment is important - then there really isn’t any point in continuing to have discussions.

Small beer (relatively) and smacks of desperation!

it’s as if - by keeping Hearts in the top division - it will be the saviour of Scottish Football - that just makes no sense.

‘Hibernate’... aye very good. The rest of Europe finds a way to make it work while loose all our best players for buttons because of the amateurs running our game.
Sorry but I’ve had enough of this pish. If the scum can be handed the title then Hearts should be relegated.

Basically, she is saying "Hearts are a big club, with a big support and we bring money into Scottish football, If you relegate us, Hearts would lose a lot of money and so would Scottish football, so don't relegate us."

Where was that thought process in 2012? No-one gave a toss about how much money Scottish football would lose when we were chucked down the leagues. As long as they got the chance to put the boot into Rangers, the cost to Scottish football never came into it.

Remind me. How did Hearts vote when we were unjustly put down to the third division? Genuine question.

No club in the right mind in the premier league will vote for that - obviously apart from hearts.

would be absolute madness

Just to reiterate, because the BBC are blabbing on about 9-3 in the top flight. They are wrong. If there is a change in the distribution of prize money percentages then it needs 90% (11-1) in the top flight. Take note of the final sentence in this paragraph:

“The only change to the current model would arise if Clubs in positions 13 and 14 (ie. the 2 additional Clubs promoted to the Premiership) were to see their percentage share of funds increased to bring them more in line with other Premiership Clubs. Currently, the Club in position 12 receives 4.5% in line with the Premiership Distribution Model. The Club at the top of the Championship receives 2.25% in line with the Championship Model. This proposal suggests increasing the percentage for Clubs 13 and 14 to remove this anomaly.

EDIT: BBC have now changed their report to confirm its 11-1. Thanks for looking in guys.;)

Last edited:
The clubs in the current league 1 will never vote for this.

It would be putting most of them in Scottish Football's lowest tier.

As much as I think it's unfair to relegate Hearts and Partick, part of me wants us to vote against as a wee payback to the way Hearts behaved towards us in 2012.

Once you are in football's lowest tier you are only one bad season away from slipping out of the lower leagues altogether. At least 4 League 1 clubs will not vote for this I'd imagine (would be insane for them to do so).

Nothing really in it for League 2 clubs other than creating more competition for getting out of the bottom tier - do they really want that?

It will also be interesting to see if certain Championship clubs who will remain in the second tier are willing to propel Inverness into the Premier League (Scott Gardiner will certainly have the last laugh on the haters in that division if they end up in the Premier).

That's just off the top of my head but there are numerous problems with this.

Also, it might just be the way I have read things but a lot of that sounded like there was bribery and coercion thrown in amongst the begging there - something Budge deplored with the original vote and partly why she backed our "dossier" and EGM Resolution. A bit of a hypocrite it would seem.

As others have said a 14-team top division should not have Hearts in it as per the Dunfermline precedent - otherwise Celtic's title award has to be rescinded (I hope our club has its eye on that one). Inverness and Dundee should join Dundee Utd ina 14 team League (maybe Nelms has his eye on that).

Last edited:
"The widely accepted and much debated unfairness and unjustness of relegating Clubs as a result of the early termination of Season 2019/20"

Nothing to say Annie about the much debated unfairness and unjustness of awarding the scum the title* as a result of the early termination of season 2019/20? No I didn't think so because you don't give a fcuk about that. This entire restructuring charade is not for the greater good of Scottish football, it's nothing more than about your self preservation, no more and no less. I so hope the proposal gets voted down and your turncoat club end up folding. Fcuk you and Fcuk Hearts

This is what annoys the feck out of me. Its unjust to relegate but not unjust to promote or award title?

They cant have their cake and eat it. They are either both unjust or not at all.

I don't really care about league reconstruction. We made our complaints and pointed out ridiculous inconsistencies and fallacies, and basically got told to FO. We did our part, flagged what we could flag and raised our concerns. I can understand why Hearts want this but unless it benefits us, I don't care. It doesn't, so I don't.

Just to reiterate, because the BBC are blabbing on about 9-3 in the top flight. They are wrong. If there is a change in the distribution of prize money percentages then it needs 90% (11-1) in the top flight. Take note of the final sentence in this paragraph:

“The only change to the current model would arise if Clubs in positions 13 and 14 (ie. the 2 additional Clubs promoted to the Premiership) were to see their percentage share of funds increased to bring them more in line with other Premiership Clubs. Currently, the Club in position 12 receives 4.5% in line with the Premiership Distribution Model. The Club at the top of the Championship receives 2.25% in line with the Championship Model. This proposal suggests increasing the percentage for Clubs 13 and 14 to remove this anomaly.

In which case there is no doubt it needs 11-1 in the Premier League.

In which case there is no doubt it needs 11-1 in the Premier League.

Of course there isn’t mate. Unless they drop that bit - but that would only mean more votes against from clubs in danger of relegation. It needs 11-1. Even Jackson, who’s been consistently wrong on voting requirements has got that right, but the BBC are still peddling disinformation.:rolleyes:

Rangers will most likely wait and see if the other teams reject it. Tbh we would look silly if we rejected it now after saying no team should be punished as such by the pandemic happening.

Rangers will most likely wait and see if the other teams reject it. Tbh we would look silly if we rejected it now after saying no team should be punished as such by the pandemic happening.

I’m sure Rangers said a few weeks ago they we were ‘open’ to reconstruction. I think we will vote in favour. It will be the middle-to-low ranking clubs in the top flight that will reject this. Only needs two of them. It may also be struggle at League 1/2 level.

If there are winners then there’s got to be losers and that includes Brechin. Scandalous they closed off the pyramid.

SPFL board including Motherwell and Hamilton directors to discuss Budge's proposal this week. Interested to see how Les Gray votes on this as his chairman categorically stated on sportsound he was only interested in a permanent increase to the number of clubs in the premiership. Has the big hitter worked his magic again I wonder.

Mad Vlad was one of the most vocal going after us - I'm sure they were one of the first to go public saying they wouldn't vote to keep us in the SPL

Yep, and their fans were particularly bitter and twisted.

They still have a huge thread on Kickback were they go over every timmy rumour.

The more I think of it, the more i think feck them.

There is more chance of me winning the euro millions tonight than this has of getting 11 votes.

Hearts only option is legal action, which I fully hope they take.

Why has she been left in charge of this reconstruction? Surely it’s not up to just her to put these plans forward to the remainder of the Clubs. This is a classic case of Doncaster’s slopey shoulders, let others fail and accept no responsibility. An absolute shambles of a setup-your going down Hearts, clubs will hibernate for a year, season 20/21 will not be completed and hopefully Rangers are top after something like 11 games. I wouldn’t trust Budge or half the people running our game to go to the shops for a loaf of bread.

Do you think Lawwell will call this "embarrassing" and have the Daily Record saying how wonderful he sounded?
The fact she is back at the table talking about it means Lawell has already endorsed it and his little ponies will all toe the line in sufficient numbers for it to pass the SPL vote at least.

That is an excellent proposal from Hearts

the bottom premiership clubs stand lose at least one big payday against the old firm

Some of the middle tier will lose at least one big payday

Dundee lose out on their promised promotion

Covestay in the bottom tier despite winning the league

Hearts avoid relegation and benefit from letting other clubs use their facilities

can imagine the stampede to sign up for this as although individual clubs lose heavily the greater good of Scottish football benefits

Would be amazed if there is sufficient appetite for this honestly.

Lower leagues who may end up mothballing anyway sure, jobbers like St Mirren and St Johnstone not so much.

Mad Vlad was one of the most vocal going after us - I'm sure they were one of the first to go public saying they wouldn't vote to keep us in the SPL

The very first, and at the time they were being funded via the proceeds of an event international criminal enterprise

Second Not to match fixing they told us.

She also want guarantees that if covid stops next season aswell, clubs will get a vote to see if they will award promotion/relegation.

Imagine we were a few points in front. League stopped due to virus and they vote not to give us the title?? Chaos

Here is the thing. will all the clubs be able to start next season. is it going to be a glorified reserve league with close door games with under 18s from the likes of Ross County letting go of lots of players

Back