Hearts’ SPFL reconstruction proposal in full – based on 14-14-14 for two years with option for 14-14-16

Am I missing something here? Didn't Hearts vote No to the SPFL proposal?
Hearts are quite happy to now go along with the crooked cabal despite having a great case in bring them down by legal means but instead they’re happy to deal with the devil, so yes I would say your definitely missing something.

Since she is proposing a redistribution of prize money to close the gap between club 12 and clubs 13/14 then it will need 90% approval (11-1) from the top flight clubs. She has also left it open-ended as to how we get back to a 12 (if we do).

For those 2 reasons it’s doomed.
Correct. As I was reading through it I thought that she'd clearly structured the proposals to have the best chance of success and with the 75% in mind.

Then she mentions changing the distribution of funds meaning 90% in the Premiership and she also seems to leave the door open for the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

Only 2 require to say no in the Premiership for it to fail.

The animosity towards ICT in the Championship might see a few at that level vote against it to deny them promotion.

Cove not getting promoted plus 4 teams in Div 1 getting demoted to the bottom tier would suggest it might struggle for approval at that level.

Can't see this passing.

So the Scottish game is suffering due to too many wee clubs sharing a small pool of money. Agreed.

So let’s solve the problem by bringing in more wee clubs to share the pot. WTF??

Oh aye, it removes the threat of a legal claim and gives Hearts a couple of years to get their act together.

It really is a joke of a league.

"In short, the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does. The Championship needs Partick Thistle more than the lower Leagues do."

So the Championship would be better off with Partick Thistle rather than Hearts in their midst.

I am not seeing that at all Anne.

Scottish Football is an absolute parody of itself.

How folk rise to positions of power is beyond me.

Budge is a fantasist zoomer.

There is no unprecedented times in Scottish Football currently. Votes were cast and a precedent was set.

Tainted honours were dished out. The unprecedented scenario was railroaded out the way at the behest of the separate entity FC.

Budge couldnt influence a single vote, but now all of a sudden she thinks shes the saviour of Scottish Football.

She can bite my shite.

That said, should disruption caused by COVID-19 be significant in Season 2020/21, resulting in it being impossible to play a full round of fixtures, then it may be appropriate to vote by a simple majority, for no promotions or relegations for that Season only.

So Null & Void is being suggested for next season should COVID-19 be a factor? Hmmmmmm.

Can’t see who this benefits apart from Hearts so it’ll get bombed out
ICT who get promoted to the Premiership - but as all the other clubs in the Championship seem to have an issue with them just now they are unlikely to vote to promote them.

Partick - who don't get relegated.

The 6 teams in Div 1 that get promoted? Offset, admittedly, by the 4 that get demoted and Cove not getting promoted.

Too many teams negatively affected though for it to get approved. She wants the money in the Premiership to be reallocated so that teams 13 and 14 get a bigger share. That means she needs 11 Premier League clubs to vote for themselves having less money in future.

Like you I think it will get bombed out.

That said, should disruption caused by COVID-19 be significant in Season 2020/21, resulting in it being impossible to play a full round of fixtures, then it may be appropriate to vote by a simple majority, for no promotions or relegations for that Season only.

So Null & Void is being suggested for next season should COVID-19 be a factor? Hmmmmmm.
Surely Rangers wouldn’t vote for reconstruction on that point alone

If a team mothballs for a season I assume it expects to return to the division it mothballed from.

How on earth will a club that decides to play through the COVID-19 problems that gets relegated feel a bout a club who didn't play at all keeping their place instead?

Far too may holes in this pile of nonsense.

Reverting to Null & Void is still the least painful solution for SPFL Member clubs (bar one of course). It is becoming more and more ridiculous with each passing day that this did not happen.

I suspect what they really mean is if Rangers are top it’s null and void. If it’s Celtic another rigged vote is called and they get handed the league.

Our legal team better be ready for this cause it will be the SPFL’s exact play if Rangers are 10 points clear and the league is stopped again.

I'm busy binge watching Ghost in the Shell SAC 2 So haven't read it all.

However I have always believed that when reconstruction happens there should be relegation with it.
It's made more difficult when a top team has to play off and 3 lower teams have to play off.

We must vote against this. If one other PL club vote with us the whole thing fails, is that correct?

We cannot have a bottom 8 playing more games than a top 6. It’s a fucking nonsense and I’m utterly sick to death of these idiotic proposals.

Either stick with what we have, or move to an 18 team league. Anything in-between is an utter bag of shite.

If Liewell instructs his Acolytes to get this to pass, then it will.

Given that it's back on the table less than a fortnight after being rejected, there will more than likely be a fudge somewhere.

Hearts are quite happy to now go along with the crooked cabal despite having a great case in bring them down by legal means but instead they’re happy to deal with the devil, so yes I would say your definitely missing something.

Do they have the financial means though to take them all on? They had to undertake a 50% pay cut before they were even relegated.

And funnily enough ann budgies proposal saves her team from relegation. Putting her in charge of this is akin to letting the accused pick his own jury .Like an ex scotshit political leader picking a jury on a rape case. A joke organisation is the scotshit cabal of corruption and deceit.

See if she had the baws to take legal action when it mattered, then I might’ve had sympathy and wanted to go along with a reconstruction carve up but she didn’t.

she fu.kd herself and us too in the process.
did she honestly think by gifting Celtic the title she would avoid relegation.

If Celtic get the title, hearts need To drop. Can’t have it both ways.

get a f.ukin grip Anne. It’s gone, The ship has sailed, the horse has bolted.

“Send out a strong message to the fans and to the football world in general, that Scottish Clubs are standing united to defeat our common enemy; namely, this pandemic, which is threatening to decimate, if not destroy, Scottish Football.”

Dear God. The noble, selfless world of Scottish football.

Give out titles

Dont give out relegations

Change the league for 2 seasons

Scottish football is dead
The people who created this scenario should be gone, we all know who they are, why it was done and whose benefit it was done for.
They F*cked it up and couldn't give a damn about any other clubs.
Go legal and get rid of the Putrid-3 for a start.
No Promotion, no relegation, No gifts to the team they support, (talk about a real conflict of interest)

Wonder if the SPFL have got their E-Mails sorted.
Basically, she is saying "Hearts are a big club, with a big support and we bring money into Scottish football, If you relegate us, Hearts would lose a lot of money and so would Scottish football, so don't relegate us."

Where was that thought process in 2012? No-one gave a toss about how much money Scottish football would lose when we were chucked down the leagues. As long as they got the chance to put the boot into Rangers, the cost to Scottish football never came into it.
Only one club benefitted, unopposed properly for years, a virtual bonanza for them.

Here is the Hearts League Reconstruction proposal sent to Scotland’s clubs this afternoon.

SunSport Online can reveal the plan being put forward by Jambos owner Ann Budge.

Her bid to revamp the set-up of Scottish football will be discussed by the SPFL board tomorrow.

Budge wants a 14-14-14 structure in three divisions - with an option to increase to the bottom league to 16 teams.

Hearts would be saved from relegation from the Premiership with Inverness Caley Thistle promoted along with Dundee United.

But crucially only for the next TWO YEARS.

Budge writes: “This document, at the most simple level, addresses two major issues, currently facing Scottish Football.

• The widely accepted and much debated unfairness and unjustness of relegating Clubs as a result of the early termination of Season 2019/20.

• The need to implement a more flexible League structure to cope with the huge challenges facing Clubs of all sizes, as they fight to survive the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

“The proposed restructure involves moving to 3 enlarged Divisions, each of which would focus on tackling the specific and different challenges facing the larger, the medium and the smaller (often part-time) Clubs within Scottish Football.

“With a growing awareness of what might be involved in getting back to playing football, so too is there a growing acceptance that not all Clubs may manage to play next season. The focus for many is turning to long-term survival.

“If, unfortunately, some Clubs are unable to compete, there will be a greater likelihood that League competitions will still be able to continue, if these larger groupings are put in place, albeit not necessarily in the proposed format. We might end up with 14 teams in the Premiership, with 10 or 12 in the Championship, and with even fewer in League 1. Some are suggesting that we may end up with only 2 Divisions next season. However, every Club should have the option to make a choice.

“There are broadly 3 scenarios facing Clubs for the coming season:

• Play games behind closed doors for as long as necessary to get the season underway

• Delay the start to the season until supporters are able to get back into stadiums

• Hibernate for a season until the emergency is over

“It is not for me to suggest who should and who shouldn’t play football. It is for Clubs themselves to make that decision. For that reason, the suggested format assumes all 42 Clubs, structured in such a way as to allow each Division to decide what is best for them.

“This is not about permanent reconstruction. It is about finding a path to deal with the emergency situation, which is likely to impact all member Clubs for the next 2 seasons. When we are through this emergency we can look then at how best to move forward to start to rebuild Scottish Football.”

This current paper adds some detail to my initial proposition, which is largely unchanged. What has changed, however, in the intervening 2 weeks, is the growing realisation of just how badly Season 2020/2021 is likely to be impacted by the effects of Covid-19. There is a growing fear that a number of Clubs will be unable to play next season. More than ever, the focus is on survival. Changes to the League structure seem almost inevitable.

In light of the increasingly uncertain times we are facing, I want to urge every Member Club to look at this proposal not as a way to save Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer from relegation, but as a better way for Scottish Football to deal with the current emergency, while at the same time righting an unintended injustice.
Nah yer alright Anne hen. Bye bye turncoats

Remember this , I do an example why we must vote against league reconstruction to let Hearts back in.

HEARTS have become the first SPL club to openly admit they will vote 'no' to allowing a newco Rangers into the SPL.

The Tynecastle club's chairman Vladimir Romanov issued a strongly worded statement today revealing they will vote against any plans to give the Ibrox club immediate access to the Scottish top-flight.

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

I’d love to meet her just to ask her did she honestly think she was going to stay up after voting for the season to be ended just what was the thought process there?

It’s beyond baffling.

I’d love to meet her just to ask her did she honestly think she was going to stay up after voting for the season to be ended just what was the thought process there?

It’s beyond baffling.

Hearts never voted for the season to be ended - that was mis-information from the media.

Neither incidentally did we.

Reactions: Jeb
Just been having a look at their Kickback site and virtually everyone of them think Budge's plan is doomed but also think she has done a magnificent job trying to right a great wrong. They are almost unanimous in thinking they will actually sue the SPFL and that the revenue such a massive club as them brings to the premier league will see the lesser clubs in the top flight go to the wall if reconstruction is not voted through.
Talk about deluded pricks....

Basically, she is saying "Hearts are a big club, with a big support and we bring money into Scottish football, If you relegate us, Hearts would lose a lot of money and so would Scottish football, so don't relegate us."

Where was that thought process in 2012? No-one gave a toss about how much money Scottish football would lose when we were chucked down the leagues. As long as they got the chance to put the boot into Rangers, the cost to Scottish football never came into it.
She must know she is being played. Once this proposal is knocked back, the men in charge will say"well we tried Anne "

Yep, and their fans were particularly bitter and twisted.

They still have a huge thread on Kickback were they go over every timmy rumour.

The more I think of it, the more i think feck them.

I've seen that, and while there's no doubt in my mind that mentally challenged infiltrators are keeping it going, there's no lack of enthusiasm from the genuine hertz fans.
Get it right fucking up them!

Just been having a look at their Kickback site and virtually everyone of them think Budge's plan is doomed but also think she has done a magnificent job trying to right a great wrong. They are almost unanimous in thinking they will actually sue the SPFL and that the revenue such a massive club as them brings to the premier league will see the lesser clubs in the top flight go to the wall if reconstruction is not voted through.
Talk about deluded pricks....

Not all of them TBH. A number of them believe they are too big a club for the other clubs to seriously consider relegating them. They seem to have an astonishingly naive understanding of the strength of their position.

The Hootsman:

Why Hearts chief's league reconstruction proposal is set to be rejected by Championship clubs

Hearts chair Ann Budge’s league reconstruction plans are set to be rejected by Championship clubs, according to reports.

The Tynecastle chief submitted her proposals for three leagues to member clubs on Tuesday.
It would see the 12-10-10-10 system become a 14-14-14 or even 14-14-16 – if Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers are admitted into the league – with a split in each league after two rounds of fixtures.

In a length paper, Budge told clubs it is “not about restructuring. It is about survival”. In addition the plans would not be permanent but a temporary measure for two seasons.
She added: “In short, the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does. The Championship needs Partick Thistle more than the lower leagues do.”
Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack has confirmed his support of temporary reconstruction.

However, according to the Daily Mail, Budge’s proposals will not earn sufficient backing with eight clubs required to vote in favour of it to pass.
A source told the newspaper that “it’s fantasy” second tier clubs would support it with potentially six clubs facing relegation if the league system reverts back to 12-10-10-10 after two campaigns.

There is also concern about next season and how feasible it would be for six clubs to come up from League One and fulfil fixtures with so much doubt surrounding the capability of clubs playing behind closed doors.

This reads like wartime football.

Did promotion and relegation get a mention in the proposals? I didn't see it on first glance and I didn't think I could stay awake reading it twice. The justification seemed to be splitting teams into divisions by what they need/ offer financially, not on sporting merit so that sounded odd - I presume these will be unofficial championships.

Not all of them TBH. A number of them believe they are too big a club for the other clubs to seriously consider relegating them. They seem to have an astonishingly naive understanding of the strength of their position.
So big a club their present stadium has never been filled to capacity.

14-14-14 is the best setup but I don't want it being done for the wrong reasons or just ahead of the new season.

I would cut the prem too 8 teams %^*& the rest...6 times a season against vermin/sheep/hivs/hearts/murderwell/scumdee utd/and a toss up for last spot. The rest don't bring anything to the table crowd wise and would be more entertaining having bigger games all the time.

Its desperate stuff, and doomed to fail. Scottish football was only ever a bawhair away from implosion and this whole saga has confirmed that for me. It will be sad to see some clubs disappear and less sad to see others, Hearts included, go to the wall. Whatever’s left we’ll have to make do and mend. %^*& them all.

“you let your club die”
“We’d rather go bust than let Gers back in”
“Newco”
“Sevco”

yawn.

this proposal has confused me somewhat. i thought the chat was that if we do not have any fans at matches, only the top league would be able to afford to run. They'll have TV money plus get extra as all matches would be live steamed. This would probably mean you want to make the Premiership as big as feasibly possible. Probably 16 teams.

Ok so they are considering reconstruction as they can't afford legal action from hearts, if rangers could raise one what do they do then.

Back