Hearts’ SPFL reconstruction proposal in full – based on 14-14-14 for two years with option for 14-14-16

I found it interesting that she states the SPFL have been assisting in getting assurances from broadcasters and sponsors regarding them not being against it.

Sounds like the SPFL have decided to back this to avoid any potential legal action from Hearts. Also, Budge has explicitly said this. She said Hearts will seek a legal challenge, but only if the reconstruction is voted against.

This shows what is wrong with Scottish football. Self interest before adequate corporate governance.

The silence on this seems strange . Why are clubs not just coming right out and putting the Kybosh on it ?

From what I've seen it's being discussed formally for the first time by the SPFL board today, so we may see more coming out about it tonight.

I imagine most clubs don't want to be seen publicly drawing attention to an unfair relegation, so will keep quiet, but in private they'll be more likely to vote no.

The silence on this seems strange . Why are clubs not just coming right out and putting the Kybosh on it ?
The SPFL have boxed themselves into a corner awarding a title and relegating teams. The club will be monitoring and scrutinising their actions, as they are desperate to prevent relegation, as this is punishment to member clubs. The correct optio which was available to them was “ null & void”.

He’s right though. Take a team like St Mirren. Other than filling a waste bit of ground in Paisley with a football stadium, what purpose do they serve? They are pointless, a waste of time.

We need a minimum of ten teams to have any kind of semi decent league . Any less will just be farcical . Personally I think Scotland should have two divisions of 16 teams . Play each other twice giving 30 games . Having two domestic cup comps on top gives plenty of matches per season . There’s currently 42 clubs so we would lose 10 . The simpler the set up the better . Ban plastic pitches for the top division . With only 30 league games no need for crammed midweek games etc. Old firm games meaningful again , none of the nonsense playing teams 6 or 7 times a season .

As much as it’s not right Hearts being relegated by a corrupt vote they should have taken the court route from the start when Rangers called out the corrupt scum bastards at the SPFL.
Now they want their cake and eat it. The only way to take them down is through the courts. Looks like we’ve given up.

I fear our club has already surrendered. The three Stooges are still in place, the scum have the title, and we will likely vote to save Hearts meaning the current league postion only applies to the scum. The silence from Ibrox is deafening. We will find out soon if they have been left wanting.

Last edited:
I fear our club has already surrendered. The three Stooges are still on place, the scum have the title, and we will likely for to save Hearts meaning the current league positive only apply to too the scum. The silence from Ibrox is deafening. We will find out soon if they have been left wanting.

We did the honourable professional thing. Sadly 60%+ of clubs are happy with the corruption, wing it, make it up as you go along style of governance we have in our game.

Podcast today with English and Stenhousemuir Chairman.

Won't be passed by Premier League, won't be passed by Championship and called a 'Fudge from Budge' by Stenny Chairman (Leagues 1 and 2 won't even bother organising a meeting to discuss it until they know the view from Premiership and Championship).

English stating that Budge has no option and absolutely has to take legal action.

Last edited:
We need a minimum of ten teams to have any kind of semi decent league . Any less will just be farcical . Personally I think Scotland should have two divisions of 16 teams . Play each other twice giving 30 games . Having two domestic cup comps on top gives plenty of matches per season . There’s currently 42 clubs so we would lose 10 . The simpler the set up the better . Ban plastic pitches for the top division . With only 30 league games no need for crammed midweek games etc. Old firm games meaningful again , none of the nonsense playing teams 6 or 7 times a season .

I agree but I don't think they would ever give up the four old firm games. There is no need for 42 clubs, I would even argue that two divisions of 12 and teams like Brechin, Stirling, Elgin etc getting sent to play in the lower leagues would make Scottish football a lot better off. Strachan nailed it on the head the other day saying if these clubs have no ambition to go full time professional then there's no point of them being in the leagues.

14 is a bad number for a split, which is what it would be

Its far better than 12, no 3 games away to the same team nonsense and 36 games for the top 6 which eases fixture congestion and 40 games for the bottom 8 to give them more games to make up for not having games against the top 6 twice.

Keeps 4 OF games and adds a bit of variety to the league.

I found it interesting that she states the SPFL have been assisting in getting assurances from broadcasters and sponsors regarding them not being against it.

Sounds like the SPFL have decided to back this to avoid any potential legal action from Hearts. Also, Budge has explicitly said this. She said Hearts will seek a legal challenge, but only if the reconstruction is voted against.

This shows what is wrong with Scottish football. Self interest before adequate corporate governance.

It’s been choreographed from the morning that Pig Eyes decided he wanted the SPFL to gift them a League title without meeting 5he requisite points tally.

Last edited:
Its far better than 12, no 3 games away to the same team nonsense and 36 games for the top 6 which eases fixture congestion and 40 games for the bottom 8 to give them more games to make up for not having games against the top 6 twice.

Keeps 4 OF games and adds a bit of variety to the league.

Not this season it’s not, if we’ve got “champions “ we must have relegation.

From what I've seen it's being discussed formally for the first time by the SPFL board today, so we may see more coming out about it tonight.

I imagine most clubs don't want to be seen publicly drawing attention to an unfair relegation, so will keep quiet, but in private they'll be more likely to vote no.
They don,t seem to mind drawing attention to unfair winners do they.

I fear our club has already surrendered. The three Stooges are still on place, the scum have the title, and we will likely for to save Hearts meaning the current league positive only apply to too the scum. The silence from Ibrox is deafening. We will find out soon if they have been left wanting.

I think we are cleverly holding back and seeing what happens with regards to the Hearts situation/the reconstruction nonsense.

I still strongly believe whatever happens the whole thing will end up in court and we still want Doncaster, MacLennan, and the mentally challenged lawyer removed.

This is spot on. Would like to see this happening

30 games is not enough, can't see Rangers wanting to give up 3 home gates.

We should wait until everyone else has voted, then wait for the call from Neil and Peter on who has voted, then renegotiate the terms of the vote, then vote

Keep season tickets the same price . They’d still sell .

You could put them up and they would still sell.

Tbh, with the internationals, 2 cups, European games, we could benefit from less games. The major benefit is the diddy clubs will go bust because they are not getting their extra games against Rangers and that lot across the city.

Let the next tranche of bullying, coercion, bribery and blackmail commence

SPFL arrange for all 42 clubs to discuss Hearts' league reconstruction plan
Separate meetings for each division to start next week

Scottish Professional Football League officials today encouraged all 42 clubs to discuss Hearts’ plan for three divisions of 14 teams.
They will now arrange four separate meetings involving each of the current four leagues to allow those concerned to debate the merits of a restructure.
The SPFL board met this morning for talks on the proposal and believe it could be an option worth exploring as a potential route map for Scottish football through the coronavirus crisis.

Ann Budge, owner of the Edinburgh club, circulated her document to chairmen across the country on Tuesday and will welcome feedback from them all

Budge has suggested a 14-14-14 set-up for two seasons with Hearts remaining in the Premiership – joined by Dundee United and Inverness Caledonian Thistle from the Championship.
There would be an option to expand the bottom tier to 16 teams to include the Highland League winners Brora Rangers and Lowland League champions Kelty Hearts.
The system would then be reviewed in 2022, allowing the option to return to the current arrangement of 12 top-flight teams and three leagues of 10 below.
Following today’s board meeting, an SPFL spokesman said: “The board has now received Ann Budge’s paper to clubs on the topic of league reconstruction.

“As these matters are ultimately decided by clubs via a democratic process, we will now facilitate a series of divisional meetings, starting with the Premiership on Monday, at which all 42 clubs will have the chance to discuss the proposals in detail.”

Hearts were officially relegated last week when the SPFL ended this season’s top flight. Partick Thistle and Stranraer were also demoted from the Championship and League One respectively by the premature end to the campaign.
Budge’s new system would put Thistle in the second tier of 14, with Stranraer in the third. The Tynecastle owner stressed in her document that the plan is flexible and should be viewed as an opportunity to help many clubs across Scottish football, not just Hearts.
A number of lower-league teams feel unable to take part in closed-door games due to the lack of income from crowds during the coronavirus pandemic. Budge is keen that her plan is suitably adaptable to that possibility.

My hope now and it’s just that hope is our plan is to wait and see what happens next week with the reconstruction plan.

If it goes through and hearts are saved then that will be the point we go legal on the vote as they can hand out titles and not relegate . It certainly at least boosts any case we bring . If it’s rejected which is likely then we won’t need to go to court as hearts will do it for us and if it comes from them it takes away the whole sour grapes narrative the media will run with

You would thing the spfl would just cut their losses.. they've got their tainted title out there, why didn't we have individual league meetings for the EGM and an internal inquiry?

Surely they can't do it again.

Our position has to be.. we don't think hearts should be relagated due to the first vote being corrupt. But if there is a champion, we have to maintain consistency and there will be relegation. Until the first vote is addressed we abstain

Last edited:
lGUG2aZ.gif

You would thing the spfl would just cut their losses.. they've got their tainted title out there, why didn't we have individual league meetings for the EGM and an internal inquiry?

Surely they can't do it again.

Our position has to be.. we don't think hearts should be relagated due to the first vote being corrupt. But if there is a champion, we have to maintain consistency and there will be relegation. Until the first vote is addressed we abstain
No we vote The smelly farts down ..

Simple point to Anne. If SPFL see fit to award the title then to protect sporting integrity they must also have relegation. To have reconstruction in place for the start of the new season is nothing other than corrupt.

It is absolutely disgraceful that SPFL board cannot see that there is something seriously wrong with appointing the owner of the team due to be relegated as head of reconstruction panel. It does nothing but confirm corruption is rife within our game.

I hope Rangers vote against this for the simple reason that if we award the Premier title we must also relegate.
Tom English said today we are backing this along with the scum and the wallopers from the North

If the Premiership meeting is first in Monday I wouldn’t hedge my bets that the Championship and below will need to keep a slot free next week.

Cannot see how it gets the required Premiership votes.

I bet when Hearts reconstruction gets voted down the Donkey, McKenzie , and McLellan will try and make sure it goes through it seems it needs 75% to pass and it will be another corrupt vote coming.

Jackson in the Record is beyond parody tonight.
Saying if clubs refuse reconstruction then they must play a full season in 20-21 or risk disciplinary sanctions.

Has he forgotten the SPFL are able to stop a season before it finishes and ignore the fact teams hadn't played all the games?

Must think our heads zip up the back FFS.

I'll never for the life of me understand why the lower league clubs voted to dissolve the Scottish football league an institution that was around for over a 100 years in favour of having an absolute car crash of an organization like the SPL take over?

A league that is now basically threatening to kill it's own member clubs by means of expulsion if they don't get their way on league reconstruction.

The problem up here is that Doncaster,McLennan and McKenzie are here for the benefit of Celtic whist everyone one else is only interested in their own club. Scotland will only move forward when we have a professional independent board and 2 leagues of 16. The problem is the need to have 4 OF matches for satellite TV.

With the spfl and Dungcaster now threatening teams who don't put themselves into one of the 3 pots with the possibility of being kicked out the league if you don't complete your fixtures.
This will definitely pass now even the Hearts fans have went from no chance to this is going to happen.
Scottish football is a joke a shambles

With the spfl and Dungcaster now threatening teams who don't put themselves into one of the 3 pots with the possibility of being kicked out the league if you don't complete your fixtures.
This will definitely pass now even the Hearts fans have went from no chance to this is going to happen.
Scottish football is a joke a shambles

I honestly don't see how it CAN work.

Let's say they vote for it and we have Hearts and ICT added to the top flight. 14 clubs ready to play out the season behind closed doors if necessary.

The bottom 14 clubs get mothballed for the entire season.

All good so far.

What about the Championship. 8 clubs left and joined by Thistle, Falkirk, Airdrie, Montrose, East Fife and Dumbarton. Reportedly 5 of the existing Championship clubs say they can't survive BCD. Of the 6 joining them I'd say Thistle and Falkirk might be able to do so. That leaves a maximum of 5 clubs in the Championship able to play next season. So the likes of Dundee, Ayr, Thistle and Falkirk go on the scraphead for the year as well. Its not happening, is it?

Back