Hearts and Dunfermline hit out at William Hill over Rangers tweet

HEARTS - and their Championship rivals Dunfermline - have been taking bookmakers William Hill to task after the company claimed in a tweet that Rangers were the only unbeaten side in England and Scotland.

A tweet composed by the betting firm read: "List of teams unbeaten in England and Scotland in all competitions. Rangers. End of list."

That didn't go down too well at Tynecastle, where Hearts still have a 100% record from their two Championship matches to date - and have won all three of their Betfred Cup encounters also.

Their confidence will be put to the test this weekend, when they take on capital rivals Hibs in a semi-final of last season's Scottish Cup.

The Tynecastle side simply re-tweeted William Hill's post, with a waving hand to remind the bookmakers about them.

Their ambitious championship rivals Dunfermline also got in on the act, re-tweeting Hearts' post, and adding a waving hand of their own and x2.

The Fifers too have won both their championship matches to date, and all three of their Betfred Cup ties.
They should have added and European games as well, hands down you two.

I have a confession to make (Oh, how romanist).

Many, many years ago, leaving Tynecastle, we were held back by the polis.

I had to shite - I mean, I HAD to shite!!

I managed to get myself to the Tynecastle school wall and sorted myself out.

Being a devout Methodist, I've borne this guilt for more than 45 years.

On hearing the Heart's complaint, I shall go and take dump at their ground with great pleasure and without fear of devine retribution

HEARTS - and their Championship rivals Dunfermline - have been taking bookmakers William Hill to task after the company claimed in a tweet that Rangers were the only unbeaten side in England and Scotland.

A tweet composed by the betting firm read: "List of teams unbeaten in England and Scotland in all competitions. Rangers. End of list."

That didn't go down too well at Tynecastle, where Hearts still have a 100% record from their two Championship matches to date - and have won all three of their Betfred Cup encounters also.

Their confidence will be put to the test this weekend, when they take on capital rivals Hibs in a semi-final of last season's Scottish Cup.

The Tynecastle side simply re-tweeted William Hill's post, with a waving hand to remind the bookmakers about them.

Their ambitious championship rivals Dunfermline also got in on the act, re-tweeting Hearts' post, and adding a waving hand of their own and x2.

The Fifers too have won both their championship matches to date, and all three of their Betfred Cup ties.

So Hearts and Dunfermline social media staff both out a wee waving hand in the comments box. I actually find that quite funny.

The biggest thing that’s wrong with this is where did the above article come from? Who invented the mock rage?

Sums up what being a journalist is these days. Imagine studying for 4 years of your life to get a degree in journalism and then be forced to write a story like this.

What a nonsense story. Tweeting a wee raised hand is hardly 'hitting out'.

Why do folk fall for this journalistic pish?

Some very sensitive wee souls on this forum sometimes.

As my home team I always take an interest in Dunfermline's results and delighted to see how well they have started the season. 3 wins in the cup and 2 in the league so very promising. Would like to see them in the top flight again. Certainly add more than the likes of Ross County/Hamilton/Livingston etc.

They have a point.

They’ve had a longer and more arduous start to their season.

And they haven’t been playing against diddies like we have.

With any luck we can avoid them in the knock out stages.

Back