Hearts are absolutely raging

I’m disgusted. I’m actually embarrassed by what our support has evidently become, and how we are viewed on here is pretty much cemented by the behaviour the last 48 hours. We are meant to be better than this…
Some years ago, coming back from a European game in Athens (Panathinaikos) we got onto Glasgow airport about 3.00 am and had to hang about until 7.00 for our flight to Belfast. we met about six Hearts supporters at the only coffee shop still open and had a good yarn with them. They were all great except for one total arsehole who just slobbered about 'bigots' 'weegies' and so on. then went into a huff. He would have got a sore face only his pals apologised and had a go at him themselves. I think this sums up Hearts supporters - in every bunch of roses there are always a few pricks.
Your balanced and honest comments are always welcome on this site.

Some years ago, coming back from a European game in Athens (Panathinaikos) we got onto Glasgow airport about 3.00 am and had to hang about until 7.00 for our flight to Belfast. we met about six Hearts supporters at the only coffee shop still open and had a good yarn with them. They were all great except for one total arsehole who just slobbered about 'bigots' 'weegies' and so on. then went into a huff. He would have got a sore face only his pals apologised and had a go at him themselves. I think this sums up Hearts supporters - in every bunch of roses there are always a few pricks.
That about rings true with me. Talk to one often when he’s out walking his spaniel. he hates the scum and always happy to see us beat them. Reckon he’s an old style hearts fan, over 60 and went to the right school

Thankfully, most posters on here have got the point: every other club and support in Scottish football hates Rangers.

Long gone are the days when we had cordial relationships with fans of Motherwell, Hearts or Killie.

Their bitterness, petty stupidity (they actually wanted their own clubs to suffer, just as long as we were relegated to the bottom tier!) and the poison of nationalism has led us to this point.

It's now just a simple, binary equation. Them vs Us.
I'd add to that the period between 2012 and 2019 clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen briefly elevated themselves to a postion of superiority over us(Hearts in the Championship and Aberdeen with a couple of second place finishes over us) and now they've been rightly put back in their places it's absolutely killing them.

Most Jambo's I ever speak to seem to be more of your mindset rather than the kickbackers tbh.
There's no pub in Edinburgh I'd worry about as a Rangers fan. There's a few Hibs ones you'd keep yourself to yourself. I think a lot of it is social media although they bizarrely support Hibs v us more often than is normal for a supposed rival.

Cheers mate.

Aye I know a few myself, ‘two cheeks of the same arse’ ‘the ugly sisters’ etc

Normally I hate paying more than a token sum for bosmans early but Souttar may be a different case despite my "wouldn't give them the steam off my pish" comment.

How much is it worth to us to have Souttar, given his injuries in the past, in our S+C programme so the S+C team can understand his injuries and specific needs and get him on a good programme?

If Goldson goes, and our recent injury history at CH we may need any new CH to be bang up to speed from day 1.

I wouldn't go crazy on any fee but in this case I think 250k or so wouldn't be over the top.

Said before on here my in-laws are from Edinburgh and wifes uncle and cousin are hearts season ticket holders. Good guys and give and take a bit of banter. They absolutely detest selic and hibs for that matter. Don’t have much time for us but us playing either of them two they want us pumping them. They are what I’d regard old school hearts fans.

Reactions: 8-1
Having seen the meltdown from the Hearts fans it's clear they really are a strange little club. Firstly, the fact they think he's a £10m was a strange one. Secondly, having some of them believing him moving to us is a step back somehow. However, the worst part is that they think he's a traitor because he wants to move on to bigger and better - why on Earth wouldn't he? The guy that was having a meltdown on Youtube earlier on' main problem was that he could have signed a contract that would have enabled them to get a fee for him. Erm, how does he know anyone would have bought him? How does he know anyone decent would have made an offer - so he wanted Souttar to risk everything to sign a new contract with Hearts just on the off chance he might earn them some transfer fee. I can kind of get that when you're a good player that has generated a lot of interest. The main interest in Souttar has come from the fact he is on a free - not because a load of teams wanted desperately to sign him.

I think he'll be a good player for us and he'll improve under Rangers I'm sure. He's going to get hell from Hearts fans now though, which is a shame.

Wonderful country for football this - there isn't a single thing Rangers can do that doesn't seem to have the entire of Scottish football going into a meltdown of some sort. It's bonkers.
If had signed a contract so they could get a fee, he would be an idiot. We can offer a better wage to him as we don't have the transfer fee on top of it. That is the major benefit of letting your contract run out. Do they genuinely not realise that?

Like that Gio said "looking forward to him joining us in the summer" during his presser. Puts all the pressure on Hearts to make a deal happen, I'm sure behind the scenes we'd like to get him in ASAP.

Kickback has been glorious:))

I'm torn between wanting Hearts to finish 3rd, not wanting to lose one of our better players, and not wanting to completely **** the team dynamic, which I think has been ripped out of our hands. Fans will not accept Souttar in the team any more, which is ****ing annoying given he's been so good this season, and has popped in a goal or two along the way.

Rangers have been allowed to completely **** our season, how is this not bringing the game into disrepute? Sneakily signing players and announcing it during the middle of a season, in a deliberate move to unsettle the club (which has completely worked), in a completely transparent attempt to weasel a cut price move so they don't have to foot a bill of any significance.

We can't win now. We can't play one of our better players, one we've been saying for months how much we want to keep, because of the deal that's gone on behind our backs and the upset it's going to cause. We either play him, and the fans react negatively, impacting the team, or don't play him, impacting the team, or just let him **** off to Rangers early, impacting the team in the short term and the longer term because we won't get as much money in to replace him.

Souttar is not innocent in all of this, but Rangers have done exactly what they set out to do. How the **** has this situation been allowed to happen?

Lol, are they STILL greetin about this?

I like the post that actually suggests that Rangers only signed Souttar as part of some calculated agenda to derail Hertz whole season.
Hahahaha!
As if we are in any way concerned about the possibility of them stealing our top place, and as if history doesn't tell us that when left to their own devices hertz are completely capable of achieving that all on their own anyway.
Deluded feckwits over there. I wonder what they put in their beer.

*I've noticed before that their heads seem filled with ideas that just because they are - in their minds - the mighty Hearts they are targeted and subjected to punitive measures that other, less noted, clubs regularly escape. This despite the fact their Lithuanian wide-boy drove a coach and horses through all that is right and decent in the running of a professional sports outfit - and got away with it because it was Hearts and nobody hated them enough to campaign for any punishment.
And further, this despite the blunt fact they were only relegated purely to give celtc the Covid Cup and thereby "winning" 8.75 in a row, to secure them the chance of going for 9.75 in a row the following season. It wasn't because they were hearts it was just they happened to be the suckers in that position. (BTW has anybody ever suggested that Partick thistle were relegated purely because they were the much-hated PTFC?)

And to confirm just how dumb they are they insist on reserving a special hatred for Rangers, the one club who actively sought to prevent their relegation, somehow preferring the bheasts who orchestrated their fucking-over.

They deserve all they get, the poor suckers. "Cousins" my fucking erse. Lol.

Cheers mate.

As a matter of interest, what's your login for JKB so we can go over and check out your stout defence of the Famous and us Gers fans when some two bit watery farts' fans start the huns, ugly sisters, two cheeks patter?
Lolz.

Most diddy fans hate us because we’re too British. I even know a Hibs twat who hates us because we’re ‘ English ‘.
Scotland really is the land of the Monster Raving Loony Party.
They are mental. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. These spangles actually think this.

Kickback has been glorious:))

I'm torn between wanting Hearts to finish 3rd, not wanting to lose one of our better players, and not wanting to completely **** the team dynamic, which I think has been ripped out of our hands. Fans will not accept Souttar in the team any more, which is ****ing annoying given he's been so good this season, and has popped in a goal or two along the way.

Rangers have been allowed to completely **** our season, how is this not bringing the game into disrepute? Sneakily signing players and announcing it during the middle of a season, in a deliberate move to unsettle the club (which has completely worked), in a completely transparent attempt to weasel a cut price move so they don't have to foot a bill of any significance.

We can't win now. We can't play one of our better players, one we've been saying for months how much we want to keep, because of the deal that's gone on behind our backs and the upset it's going to cause. We either play him, and the fans react negatively, impacting the team, or don't play him, impacting the team, or just let him **** off to Rangers early, impacting the team in the short term and the longer term because we won't get as much money in to replace him.

Souttar is not innocent in all of this, but Rangers have done exactly what they set out to do. How the **** has this situation been allowed to happen?

Absolutely insane. The Bosman ruling has been in place for what? 25 years? How is he not aware how it works?

If had signed a contract so they could get a fee, he would be an idiot. We can offer a better wage to him as we don't have the transfer fee on top of it. That is the major benefit of letting your contract run out. Do they genuinely not realise that?
I think they do actually - it's just because it's Rangers they're losing him to that's the problem. If it had been just about anyone else I reckon they'd be full of understanding.

guy I know said that it is a great move for he player and his family and has no badwords for himCheers mate.

I was speaking to a Hearts fan I know today, has a wee bit of ITK via contacts he has.
He was telling me that during the Lockdown Soutter had to find a Physio himself and pay for it out his own pocket
Ant idea if there is any truth in it?

I was speaking to a Hearts fan I know today, has a wee bit of ITK via contacts he has.
He was telling me that during the Lockdown Soutter had to find a Physio himself and pay for it out his own pocket
Ant idea if there is any truth in it?
I think it’s a bit of yes and no. Robbie touched on it a while back when he said Soapy wasn’t able to get treatment because of the pandemic. I took that as we furloughed/terminated our own physio and he was forced to go external from the club.

Karen our old physio was also a good bearette apparently.

Team meeting today and the resident Jambos are livid with him. To them this is a total betrayal and he should have signed a contract in the summer so they could get a fee. They want him out the door asap. Kept my laptop webcam switched off and kept schtum cos I couldn't stop smirking at the seething.

Back