Hearts are absolutely raging

We should give hearts 5k, just like to see dundee take 500 quid to the bank when they were maybe hoping they'd get a few hundred grand one day.

I genuinely think the abuse our players receive at Tynecastle is as bad as we experience at Easter road and Pittodrie. I’d offer them £50k, take it or leave it. Souttar will get pelters from Hertz fans if they play him.

The Jambos are as bitter as the other clubs out there other than the Yahoo's for obvious reasons from what I have seen.

Tell them we will take the big man when we want and you will dance to our tune!

So if it's January then fine if its the summer then we decide!

They have now got a rancid support that has turned on their captain I would say the ball is firmly in our court.

I wouldn't usually disagree, but the way football is going, £1m really isn't that much. European football for Hearts would be huge - both financially and attracting players.
If goldson goes this window then souttar arrives same, simples. Any relevant money received will be then paid.

Honestly I'd offer 50k or just wait until the summer.

We don't need him right now ultimately.

Commander Hellander on his way back and with Goldson and Bassey we are fine.

Their rage is delightful. You can just feel the pain in their official club tweet due to our announcement. Really puts them in a dreadful position with their fans ready to slate him at all matches.

I can see him being back up when he comes in next season. We'll (probably) have Helander and I'm sure we'll sign at least one quality CD. If he fights and wins a slot then fantastic.

We don't need him this season unless someone leaves.

Hearts could just bench Souter for the rest of the season if our offer isn't good enough. We'd then get a player who hasn't kicked a ball for 6 months. Not ideal. Hearts would probably accept £200k.

The problem Hearts have is that we really don’t need Souttar right now. Between Goldson, Helander, Bassey and Balogun we have enough players for those positions. I can’t see us going for him unless Goldson leaves. Hearts are on to plums, the way we are with Goldson (probably). The reaction from them - pathetic.

Hearts could just bench Souter for the rest of the season if our offer isn't good enough. We'd then get a player who hasn't kicked a ball for 6 months. Not ideal. Hearts would probably accept £200k.
Hearts can bench there best player? Bench him all they like he can still train, not anymore than 50k especially when Dundee utd get 10%

Some more thickback jambo logic!:

"I was really excited to see him suit up for Blackburn Rovers. They love a good Scottish centre half down there. I would hate to see Rangers pocket all the benefit from a player we developed. May he rot on their bench for a few years then **** off down to some pish Championship yo-yo club "

He just said he was excited about seeing Souttar play for Blackburn, now he hopes he rots on our bench and joins a pish yo yo Championship club. But the team he was excited to see Souttar join aren't even a yo yo club, they've been out of the EPL for a decade:))

b917ac31bcb89ae3a19eb0925e61c3fa.jpg

I would lowball them an offer of £50k now. We got Kamara for that in a similar situation. Maybe up it to £100k on the last day of the window. Not sure what Hearts current financial situation is like. If they don’t accept, no big deal, we get him in the summer.

I’d like to see him come now. I’d offer them 200k, which should be more than enough. If they don’t accept that, they’re just being dicks.

@JamboReid1874

Mon then spill it. B-D
Well, he’s a dirty rat isn’t he? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, discussed this yesterday (Thursday) morning with my brother, it would make absolutely no sense for us to knock back any fee at this time to try and keep him for the season. He would be professional as always and continue to commit to the team but his heart will be at Ibrox already. I fully expect the coming days to see him go.

Goes with my best wishes, he’s given us good moments in return for our support and has never let us down. We are showing ourselves up on social media right now, some people need to log off and stay off.

Then they're risking group stage european football next season to spite souttar.

If you think they are angry now wait till the scenes when we sell him for £10 million to Norwich or somebody in a years time! B-D

In all seriousness, discussed this yesterday (Thursday) morning with my brother, it would make absolutely no sense for us to knock back any fee at this time to try and keep him for the season. He would be professional as always and continue to commit to the team but his heart will be at Ibrox already. I fully expect the coming days to see him go.

Goes with my best wishes, he’s given us good moments in return for our support and has never let us down. We are showing ourselves up on social media right now, some people need to log off and stay off.
Honestly yous will be lucky to get 100k for him now with the fans reaction. I would maybe try 50k and if not accepted last offer 100k if not keep him until the end of the season.

Honestly yous will be lucky to get 100k for him now with the fans reaction. I would maybe try 50k and if not accepted last offer 100k if not keep him until the end of the season.
You might laugh at this but I had a ball park of 150-200k in my head on Monday and if Rangers want him in early I honestly think you would probably offer that. However 100k seems more likely. If it’s 50k then that’s how the cookie crumbles, if we decide to knock back any amount just to keep him until the end of the season when it’s clear he’s on his way to his dream club we are cutting our own nose off etc.

You might laugh at this but I had a ball park of 150-200k in my head on Monday and if Rangers want him in early I honestly think you would probably offer that. However 100k seems more likely. If it’s 50k then that’s how the cookie crumbles, if we decide to knock back any amount just to keep him until the end of the season when it’s clear he’s on his way to his dream club we are cutting our own nose off etc.
I would of thought 500k would have been fair, but the way hearts fans have acted and made him not welcome rangers are in the driving seat. Now we can say we will take him at the end of the season and I would imagine hearts will now beg us to take him off them.

Hearts are now another club that see us as rivals when realistically we just see yous as a tough 3 points.

I would of thought 500k would have been fair, but the way hearts fans have acted and made him not welcome rangers are in the driving seat. Now we can say we will take him at the end of the season and I would imagine hearts will now beg us to take him off them.

Hearts are now another club that see us as rivals when realistically we just see yous as a tough 3 points.
Some of our support think we are better/bigger than we are. We will always be the biggest and best club in Edinburgh but it’s a different ball game with yourselves and the mentally challengeds.

Some of our support think we are better/bigger than we are. We will always be the biggest and best club in Edinburgh but it’s a different ball game with yourselves and the mentally challengeds.
Fair play mate at least yous know where you are. Don’t get the hatred from hearts cause most of us have the same beliefs, but seeing rangers as rivals is beyond lunacy.

I would lowball them an offer of £50k now. We got Kamara for that in a similar situation. Maybe up it to £100k on the last day of the window. Not sure what Hearts current financial situation is like. If they don’t accept, no big deal, we get him in the summer.
Wrong way round. We offer them £100k now and tell them it reduces by £5k for every day they don't accept it. On 25th January the offer hits £50k and stays there. Can see wee Budgie sweating over it now. What a horrible picture.

Wrong way round. We offer them £100k now and tell them it reduces by £5k for every day they don't accept it. On 25th January the offer hits £50k and stays there. Can see wee Budgie sweating over it now. What a horrible picture.
I like your thinking. It would be good to get him this window, so he has a few months to integrate into the squad before the summer. Then hit next season running.

Ryan Jack probably got the same amount of stick but came through it. John Souttar will be fine. If he comes in January fine but if not then he’ll help lead the campaign for 57.

This is now a Mexican stand off

I suspect we want/need him now (depending on other defensive players departing) and tbh Hearts probably want rid of him now as well

Who blinks first will determine how much the compo will be to deal in January rather than summer

This is now a Mexican stand off

I suspect we want/need him now (depending on other defensive players departing) and tbh Hearts probably want rid of him now as well

Who blinks first will determine how much the compo will be to deal in January rather than summer
We want him I don’t think we need him until goldson gos. Would be playing hardball and laugh at them.

I think that will depend on how Hearts as a club react.

If he has told Hearts that he wants to leave in this window and your club Cup tie him next weekend and then you'll be on to plums as far as a fee goes.

We're going to be in the same situation this month with Connor Goldson, it's the nature of football post Bosman.

FWIW I didn't think you were too far off with the fee that you quoted

See they've even made a thread on Andy Halliday saying he needs to go etc, big Rangers cheerleader and treats them like a part time job, a wee side piece to his Open Goal and Clyde gigs.

He was actually speaking the other night saying how as a teammate, he hopes Souttar stays at Hearts, aye he might have privately text him n told him he's the dugs bollox and to take it with open arms, but publicly Halliday was professional.

Jumped up Gorgie gimps.

Twitter etc is full of fucking idiots.

We wou have the same if Goldson signed a pre-contract this month.

Back