Hearts are absolutely raging

Were they this upset when we signed Davie McPherson from them???????
Well, he’s a dirty rat isn’t he? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, discussed this yesterday (Thursday) morning with my brother, it would make absolutely no sense for us to knock back any fee at this time to try and keep him for the season. He would be professional as always and continue to commit to the team but his heart will be at Ibrox already. I fully expect the coming days to see him go.

Goes with my best wishes, he’s given us good moments in return for our support and has never let us down. We are showing ourselves up on social media right now, some people need to log off and stay off.
He would be professional I’m sure, but his head will be at Ibrox, and subconsciously you probably wouldn’t get the same level of performance from him, especially if the idiot section of your support are constantly giving him abuse.

I expect he'll be in before the window shuts. If the level of vitriol being displayed towards him online is matched in the stands then it will be detrimental to Hearts as a team. They'll have an unhappy, under performing player and that will start affecting the squad.

Add in that it makes no sense business wise to keep him and get nothing and I think the clubs will reach an agreement.

Hearts tweets are nothing more than window dressing to appease their fans.

Offer them a tenner to have him come here this month. I’d honestly be happy waiting until the summer to see them get absolutely nothing

Serious question; do people think it would be the same reaction if he were to be signing for celtic? Or would it be similar to the Johnny Hates sheep/celtic move?

There is absolutely no chance a million would be payed, nothing like it. If anything I wouldn't expect it be a great deal more than the 50K payed for Kamara. Think anybody would give us a million for Goldson?

Some of our support think we are better/bigger than we are. We will always be the biggest and best club in Edinburgh but it’s a different ball game with yourselves and the mentally challengeds.
I imagine real Hearts fans will just accept it and expect professional performances till the end of the season (exactly as we need to with Goldson). Hearts will play him and they'll finish third to get into European group stage (which I don't think you've ever did before). They are not going to cut off their nose...

Rangers don't need him until Goldson and Baloguns contacts are up at the end of the season. If Goldson goes for money soon then I expect Hearts will get money.

I don't see Hearts selling for 100k when European group stage football is on offer.

So in the end Hearts fans just need to accept their lot as we will with Goldson. Abusing the lad would be counter productive.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no chance a million would be payed, nothing like it. If anything I wouldn't expect it be a great deal more than the 50K payed for Kamara. Think anybody would give us a million for Goldson?
I think if we go in low Hearts will spit the dummy and keep a hold of him. If we offer say £200,000 that could tempt them.

I d rather we got him in now. Better to be learning and developing at Rangers than possibly benched and frozen out at Hearts.

I think if we go in low Hearts will spit the dummy and keep a hold of him. If we offer say £200,000 that could tempt them.

I d rather we got him in now. Better to be learning and developing at Rangers than possibly benched and frozen out at Hearts.
Paying anything higher than exactly whats left on his wage bill for them is madness. Wed be doing them a favour as they need to keep him way more than we need him before the Summer.

Really, given the unprofessional stance theyve taken with the ridiculous statement Id be happier just waiting - wed get what we deserve and theyd get theirs

Last edited:
Reading through that Hearts forum you have to wonder what the %^*& goes through their mind. Coming to Rangers to win trophies, play in the Champions League and probably more than double his wage is considered a lack of ambition according to these clowns.

Reading through that Hearts forum you have to wonder what the %^*& goes through their mind. Coming to Rangers to win trophies, play in the Champions League and probably more than double his wage is considered a lack of ambition according to these clowns.

Instead he should have went to sheff united - current 13th in the EFL - instead he gets to stay near friends and family earn a very good salary - play in Europe / hopefully win things if he forces his way into our first XI he will be a regular international … football fans are mental.

Last edited:
Paying anything higher than exactly whats left on his wage bill for them is madness. Wed be doing them a favour as they need to keep him way more than we need him before the Summer.

Really, given the unprofessional stance theyve taken with the ridiculous statement Id be happier just waiting - wed get what we deserve and theyd get theres.
I just think we'd be better served having him spending the next 5 months being developed at Rangers.

As for their statement, I think it's nothing more than them trying to placate their fans whilst negotiating a fee with us.

Instead he should have went to sheff united - current 13th in the EPL - instead he gets to stay near friends and family earn a very good salary - play in Europe / hopefully win things if he forces his way into our first XI he will be a regular international … football fans are mental.
Sheffield United are in the Championship :)

Somebody would absolutely give you a million for goldson just now if they really wanted him

In reality whilst we don't "need" Souttar right now due to the fact that we have a few CBs it does make sense for us to get him in the door now. Come the summer we are likely to lose Goldson and Balogun, so if we can get Souttar 6 months early it will give him a chance to settle in, rather than dropping him in in the summer expecting him to hit the ground running as potentially one of our two main CBs. For that reason there's a value to us for getting him in now, and we've shown a preference in the past for getting bosmans in early.

I see hearts gimps are review bombing his cafe page on trip advisor and google - incredibly pathetic. You’d think he took a hearts strip and did a shite on it in the middle of gorgie rd the way they are behaving.

Here’s a link if you’d like to leave a positive review:

Hearts are just doing what most clubs would imo. Realistically though I think as the next week or two go by they'll see the chance of say 200/300k slip away and back down. That's a decent enough fee, settles his remaining contract and then some. Let them sweat it out.
The only way that 500k is being paid is if they hold firm and Gio believes he could be a difference between winning the league or not.

I get good vibes about this signing based on nothing other than a gut feeling.

Weve signed defenders in the past who dont make headlines but have gone on to be very important players.

Weir off the top of my head.

I see hearts gimps are review bombing his cafe page on trip advisor and google - incredibly pathetic. You’d think he took a hearts strip and did a shite on it in the middle of gorgie rd the way they are behaving.

Here’s a link if you’d like to leave a positive review:

Maybe we could arrange a sell out Saturday for flat whites

Love it when these diddy clubs can't accept their place in football.

They still think it's 2012 and their players should be knocking us back. Even back then we could take some of their better players (e.g. Templeton)

99% of players in the league would jump at the chance of signing for us and it kills them.

I imagine real Hearts fans will just accept it and expect professional performances till the end of the season (exactly as we need to with Goldson). Hearts will play him and they'll finish third to get into European group stage (which I don't think you've ever did before). They are not going to cut off their nose...

Rangers don't need him until Goldson and Baloguns contacts are up at the end of the season. If Goldson goes for money soon then I expect Hearts will get money.

I don't see Hearts selling for 100k when European group stage football is on offer.

So in the end Hearts fans just need to accept their lot as we will with Goldson. Abusing the lad would be counter productive.
Good post mate and sums my thoughts up exactly.

All makes a great deal of sense mate.

If he stays until the end of the season I know he will keep giving it his best for us, and just hope the majority at the games drown out the boo boys.

In all seriousness, discussed this yesterday (Thursday) morning with my brother, it would make absolutely no sense for us to knock back any fee at this time to try and keep him for the season. He would be professional as always and continue to commit to the team but his heart will be at Ibrox already. I fully expect the coming days to see him go.

Goes with my best wishes, he’s given us good moments in return for our support and has never let us down. We are showing ourselves up on social media right now, some people need to log off and stay off.

Thats good words from you mate, especially on this board even though I know you’re a regular poster and respected. Losing a right decent player from your team to a pre-contract is really frustrating so, well done coming on here and being adult about it.

There’ll be quite a few posters on here aren’t as realistic when/if Goodson leaves us in similar circumstances.

Thats good words from you mate, especially on this board even though I know you’re a regular poster and respected. Losing a right decent player from your team to a pre-contract is really frustrating so, well done coming on here and being adult about it.

There’ll be quite a few posters on here aren’t as realistic when/if Goodson leaves us in similar circumstances.
Cheers mate.

What I really don’t get from some of us is ‘he’s only thought about himself here’. Souttar of all people is going to see its a short career after his luck with injuries so he is entitled to give himself the best chance to fulfil his ambitions on the park and also get himself a good wage. If this was about money he would be away down south.

Just like on FF, we need to recognise the vocal lunatic fringe don't represent the core support.

Fair play Jambo

Well said mate , don’t bother about social media shit , we were at it few months back :D.

Cheers mate.

What I really don’t get from some of us is ‘he’s only thought about himself here’. Souttar of all people is going to see its a short career after his luck with injuries so he is entitled to give himself the best chance to fulfil his ambitions on the park and also get himself a good wage. If this was about money he would be away down south.
Do you think he would be getting the same reactions if he had signed a pre contract with celtic?

It always hurts when a team loses one of their best players, they're bound to be sore and some will always go OTT in their reaction. However, future focus for us, he is a good addition and things look positive under GVB.

Serious question; do people think it would be the same reaction if he were to be signing for celtic? Or would it be similar to the Johnny Hates sheep/celtic move?
The hatred most fans of other clubs in Scotland have for Rangers is bizarre.
What it does show though is the success of the press/media/political alliance and their concerted efforts over the last 50 years to demonise our club and our support.

I would be amazed if they accept less than 7 figures. 3rd place and European football is worth a lot to them.

£1m would be my assumption.
Mental mate. There's no way on earth we're paying 7 figures for Souttar. If he moves in this window I'd wager it will be for no more than 100k

I don't particularly rate him TBH, and I have real reservations about him being able to remain injury free under the sheer demand of our domestic and European schedules, but I'm willing to see him convince me I'm wrong.
But it's certainly amusing watching the Hertz support implode with indignation and utter rage. Feck them.

Do you think he would be getting the same reactions if he had signed a pre contract with celtic?
It’s a strange , strange situation with the t,arriers and rest of SPL fans , like Stockholm Syndrome , We know hearts fans detest their fans , but we were the only ones trying actively to stop them being unfairly relegated , yet reaction wouldn’t be quite as bad had JS went to them . SPL is that wee place in the Deliverance , were basically everyone fucks each other no matter what the relationship .

My heart bleeds. Fck them.

Correct.
Let's have a big boo fucking hoo for them?
It's a no from me.

The fact is, I expected (and it quite possibly could still happen) that Goldson could do the same to us.
Would we get the same sort of sympathy as some are trying to drum up for hertz? Would we feck, and would we even want, or expect, any?
Would we feck.
All clubs have their place in the pecking order and the fact is hertz would not hesitate to sign players from other clubs on pre contracts if it suited them.
And there wouldn't be the slightest peep from their self-righteous fans.

We just lost our manager - and entire backroom staff - mid season and days before a semi final and we just got on with it, accepting it was natural order in action. I can assure you there was scant sympathy for us among hertz fans and the mhedia.

Last edited:
The hatred most fans of other clubs in Scotland have for Rangers is bizarre.
What it does show though is the success of the press/media/political alliance and their concerted efforts over the last 50 years to demonise our club and our support.
100%!

Hearts will probably settle for £250k. However I wouldn't be surprised if, after we get him in January, Goldson announces a pre contract in England.

Back