Hearts Interim Manager should think before opening his mouth

Kalkan Bear

Quite from the Sun that Hearts should not make the same mistake as Rangers and appoint a manager before a sporting director. Some mistake. Second only on goal differnce in the league. Great chance to qualify for last 32 in Europa league pissed over the top of his team last in the semi final. Must have had his lo g air in his eyes or is he another has been

Mind when Hearts fans said Rangers should follow the model of Foundation of Hearts and how we were jealous of Ann Budge and the success she would deliver?

Oh dear wonder if they’ll still think that after a relegation battle while we are playing European football making millions and challenging for trophies and titles.

Hearts should worry less about Rangers and more about their own shambles of a club.

He's talking about us appointing pedro before appointing the DoF is he not? He's right.

Reactions: Baz
Quite from the Sun that Hearts should not make the same mistake as Rangers and appoint a manager before a sporting director. Some mistake. Second only on goal differnce in the league. Great chance to qualify for last 32 in Europa league pissed over the top of his team last in the semi final. Must have had his lo g air in his eyes or is he another has been

Remember when we appointed Pedro before Mark Allen?

Lol.

Seems a fair enough comment to me. Had Mark Allen been there we wouldn't have had Pedro and credit to the board they realised this and brought in Mark Allen.

Re: the wanting Hearts to go bust comments...

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want any club to go bust. I shed a tear when Rangers were put down the divisions.

MacPhee was I believe referring to Caixinha as there is no reasonable person who could make such a statement about the Gerrard regime.

All the above said, we are toiling and I can see St Mirren turning us over today.

He can say what he wants, our fore fathers fought n the trenches for us all To be able to have an opinion.

Mind when Hearts fans said Rangers should follow the model of Foundation of Hearts and how we were jealous of Ann Budge and the success she would deliver?

Oh dear wonder if they’ll still think that after a relegation battle while we are playing European football making millions and challenging for trophies and titles.

Hearts should worry less about Rangers and more about their own shambles of a club.

It is all a matter of perspective.

As a Rangers fan I could not be happier with the way things are going on the pitch. However on the other hand our finances are not the best, relying on the financial backing of the board cannot continue indefinitely.

Just imagine what a mess we might be in financially if Alfie had not scored that late winner against Legia - Rangers without European money is unthinkable, it is not looked upon as a bonus, it is so necessary that I would hate to imagine how sorry a state our finances would look without it. Hearts will, rightly or wrongly, point to being run prudently with no outstanding debt.

I know which model I prefer (ours), but after our financial troubles not so long ago, I do hope we start to trade profitable sooner rather than later.

It is all a matter of perspective.

As a Rangers fan I could not be happier with the way things are going on the pitch. However on the other hand our finances are not the best, relying on the financial backing of the board cannot continue indefinitely.

Just imagine what a mess we might be in financially if Alfie had not scored that late winner against Legia - Rangers without European money is unthinkable, it is not looked upon as a bonus, it is so necessary that I would hate to imagine how sorry a state our finances would look without it. Hearts will, rightly or wrongly, point to being run prudently with no outstanding debt.

I know which model I prefer (ours), but after our financial troubles not so long ago, I do hope we start to trade profitable sooner rather than later.
If Morelos hadn't scored that goal against Legia we would likely have lost him for way under his value either to a last minute bid in August or in January coming.

The only plausible way to clear our feet fully like you say is European football. Ideally champions league but even without Europa league football we are likely punting our players for below value to keep the balance sheet in check.

Qualifying out of our group, especially if we can top it, is financially massive for us. It might well be the difference in holding on to Morelos or not.

He is correct.

Pedro was a massive mistake and a director of football or a sporting director would not have sanctioned the big money on two Mexican diddies - one who couldn't hit a barn door and the other who was an accident waiting to happen and caused his previous teams no end of problems.

Look at Pena now, still registered to the polish team but not kicked a ball. Back in Mexico where his career will end shortly.

Did he not sign Jack and Morelos, the final decision on signing a player is left with the Manager, no matter who recommends him

We paid off his 4 of his most expensive signings (Alves, Pena, Cardoso, Dorrans) and are still paying towards another in Herrera until the summer.

It was a costly and horrendous mistake which set us back millions and cost us 18 months in our progress as a team and a club.

And I say that as someone who liked and defended Pedro.

We paid off his 4 of his most expensive signings (Alves, Pena, Cardoso, Dorrans) and are still paying towards another in Herrera until the summer.

It was a costly and horrendous mistake which set us back millions and cost us 18 months in our progress as a team and a club.

And I say that as someone who liked and defended Pedro.
I agree but people seem to forget he signed two of our most important players, although I would say SG has got the best out of them

Re: the wanting Hearts to go bust comments...

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want any club to go bust. I shed a tear when Rangers were put down the divisions.

MacPhee was I believe referring to Caixinha as there is no reasonable person who could make such a statement about the Gerrard regime.

All the above said, we are toiling and I can see St Mirren turning us over today.
A draw to put Hibs bottom after they lose at St Johnstone.

He's right.

Mark Allen was instrumental in Gerrard coming.

Probably means Caixinha.

I’m still fucking raging though.

We appointed pedro before Mark Allen which really was a massive mistake

OP should think before creating nonsense threads.

I'd imagine, as posters above pointed out, that Mark Allen would have vetoed Pedro's appointment had our DoF been in place before the manager.

The thing is he's right, nothing to get upset about. Pedro was a shocker in anyone's language.
Yep, and that’s what happens when businessmen appoint managers and not football people. They fell for a tremendous power point presentation and some excellent patter.

Caixinha, not Gerrard. I am offended that you are offended. Take a day off pal, have a wee lie down.

We did make a mistake though.

If we had appointed a DoF first we could have prevented the £10 million plus worth of mistakes made by Pedro.

(We may even have avoided the entire Pedro fiasco actually).

Then we’d have no Alfie.

‘You never know what worse luck your bad luck saved you from’

Back