Hearts league reconstruction plans

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Teams in the new bottom tier of 14 that were League 1 in the current set-up are going to vote to put themselves one bad season away from going out of the league? Can't see it.

Championship teams diluting their prospect of entering the Premier division with increased competition? Difficult

Championship teams voting the recently despised Inverness into the Premiership? A gift to Scott Gardner, lovely.

I really can't see it. This isn't happening. If it was the plans would have been unveiled today. It does however buy a bit more time for bullying and coercion.

If Budge's plan is to cut the Highland League and Lowland League adrift to reduce the requirement to 9-3 from the Premiership though it goes against every principle she has espoused in order not to see Hearts disadvantaged. If that is the case she is no better than the cabal she has railed against and she deserves all she gets.

chilebear

If the Championship is going to be mothballed along with Leagues 1/2 then there may be a case to go to 16 rather than 14 in order to keep clubs like Hearts, ICT, Dundee and Ayr playing. Would need approval from Sky though - and that may be its downfall.
IMO Hearts will offer not to accept any extra pay outs if it was a 14 team league
Meaning 12 of the 14 clubs already in the SPFL won’t lose any monies but the saved 2 won’t get any extra but survive relagation

barneythebear

Teams in the new bottom tier of 14 that were League 1 in the current set-up are going to vote to put themselves one bad season away from going out of the league? Can't see it.

Championship teams diluting their prospect of entering the Premier division with increased competition? Difficult

Championship teams voting the recently despised Inverness into the Premiership? A gift to Scott Gardner, lovely.

I really can't see it. This isn't happening. If it was the plans would have been unveiled today. It does however buy a bit more time for bullying and coercion.

If Budge's plan is to cut the Highland League and Lowland League adrift to reduce the requirement to 9-3 from the Premiership though it goes against every principle she has espoused in order not to see Hearts disadvantaged. If that is the case she is no better than the cabal she has railed against and she deserves all she gets.
One T in Scot , like a famous manager.

temperance

6 spfl knocked it back before vote could even take place.
One or two might change their minds but doubt they all will.
If it's still 11-1 to go through then no chance St Mirren and Hibs will block it
I can’t see any club voting for a smaller Share of the pot.

Billiericky

It's all desperate stalling by Doncaster, the SPFL and the SFA.

They don't know what's going to happen in the short term. None of us do.

What they do all know is as long as nothing changes nothing will harm them. The executives are fighting for their lives, and if there are casualties fine. The bigger the mess the more secure they are.

And the bigger the mess in Scottish Football the more secure CFC feel.

Virgil Hilts

Dundee united will be voting as a premier club and cant see them wanting Inverness to join them and Hearts staying up with potentially 4 down next season.

They will have to use some cunning plan to get them onside.
Said it before bud, I hope you’re right.

I’m just at the point where nothing they try / do will surprise me

Harrogate Bluenose

Said it before bud, I hope you’re right.

I’m just at the point where nothing they try / do will surprise me
I raised the 3 points before.

Doncaster will sort out the SKY deal and make it out, it would be brilliant if voted for.

Hearts will sort out the financial differences by possibly using parachute payment that was due or not accepting financial rewards next term.

That leaves the 3 down plus possibly another next term. They will come up with some plans. Maybe they will make the 14 permanent with 1 up , 1 down and playoff

Will other clubs take the chance of missing a home game against Rangers or Celtic? Currently guaranteed 3 old firm home games, with this 12 league split, it will be 2 with a 14.

Harrogate Bluenose

Of course they are - the SPFL will do what they can to suit now as they can't afford the fight. As long as Celtic got their title it really doesn't matter what happens now.
Normally I would agree but they quest to get celtic a tainted title has resulted in them making mistakes. And now they know they are in soapy bubble if any team is granted a forensic audit of the dundee vote.

bearspakora

I’d imagine that IF Rangers head to the courts it will be in relation into the legitimacy of Doncaster’s resolution.
Plus the scandal of the SPFL / Doncaster sending a deliberately misleading letter to UEFA informing them that the majority of member clubs wanted the season ended before any such vote had taken place. He should have been sacked for that alone, never mind the mountain of other stuff.

devilman

Normally I would agree but they quest to get celtic a tainted title has resulted in them making mistakes. And now they know they are in soapy bubble if any team is granted a forensic audit of the dundee vote.
That's essentially going to be up to us to fight - Hearts aren't going to do anything.

Harrogate Bluenose

Celtic have been awarded the league.
That was the top priority.
With that done and dusted, everything else can be reviewed and changed.
There had to be relegation in order to get the title awarded.
After it’s awarded, it’s open season.
100% spot on and their plan has hit a big stumbling block, That Dundee vote and its legality. They will do anything now to stop this being examined in a courtroom.

Think about it, the scaremongering that was done in regards calling as is with no promotion or relegation. Broadcasters and season ticket refunds ETC yet what have we got today? Broadcasters wanting refund and season tickets refunds.

NorthSideBlue

This cannot be allowed

jaws73

Official Ticketer
But it isn't open season without consequences.

Just wait and see when the clusterfuck of 2020/2021 begins to unfold.

Am i right in saying that the vote required in the Premier League is only 9-3 not 11-1, if that is the case then it will get voted in and we will essentially have a null & void season but the scum are champions & scumdee utd get promoted. If the club sits back and allows this to go ahead Scottish football will be finished , believe me there is no way back from this.

Valley Bluenose

Am i right in saying that the vote required in the Premier League is only 9-3 not 11-1, if that is the case then it will get voted in and we will essentially have a null & void season but the scum are champions & scumdee utd get promoted. If the club sits back and allows this to go ahead Scottish football will be finished , believe me there is no way back from this.
Again. See post #48 or #114 mate.

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Hearts’ Ann Budge courts clubs in bid to win support for reconstruction

Hearts owner Ann Budge is holding in-depth discussions with Scottish clubs as she prepares to finalise her league reconstruction proposal – which will not be ready until Monday at the earliest.

The Edinburgh businesswoman had hoped to circulate her plan by close of business yesterday but is still consulting teams in all four divisions of the Scottish Professional Football League.

She feels she is making progress on a paper to offer an amended structure to help Scottish football through the coronavirus pandemic.

It will involve an expanded Premiership and keep Hearts in the top flight by increasing the number of teams from 12 to 14 or potentially 16.

Budge is speaking with clubs to understand their individual circumstances, financial challenges and concerns before finalising her document.

Monday is the earliest date that the proposal would be ready as Budge tries to ensure the plan is as robust and thorough as possible to give it the best chance of approval.

Hearts suffered an enforced relegation to the Championship on Monday when the SPFL board ratified the termination of season 2019-20.

League reconstruction is the Tynecastle hierarchy’s preferred option. In order to achieve it, Budge would need to submit a members’ resolution for a restructure to the SPFL, which would then require a vote from all 42 clubs. To pass, 11 of the 12 Premiership teams would be required to vote in favour as there would likely be changes to prize money distribution and, potentially, clubs added to the existing 42 SPFL members.

If there was no change in prize money distribution and no extra teams added, only nine top-flight clubs would need to say ‘yes’. Either scenario would also require approval from eight teams in the Championship and 15 in total across League One and League Two.

Hearts would be voting as a Championship side with their top-flight place taken by promoted Dundee United.

Daniel Stendel, the Tynecastle manager, is not confident that Budge’s reconstruction plan will succeed. The German coach believes the voting process is stacked against Hearts.

“My experience tells me that the chance is not very big,” 
he said in an interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine.

“Voting is complicated in Scotland. There can only be one or two votes against and it is usually the case in life that, in the end, everyone looks at themselves. But there is still some hope.”

Stendel is frustrated that the campaign was cut short with Hearts four points adrift at the bottom of the Premiership after a 1-0 loss at St Mirren in their final fixture before the shutdown. They had a further eight league games remaining before the SPFL took the decision to end the season early.

Stendel joined Hearts in December and instantly took to the surroundings at Tynecastle Park. “There are 20,000 fans – sometimes louder than 50,000 in Hannover,” he said.

His team beat Rangers twice and won a pulsating Edinburgh derby against Hibs at Easter Road, but he added: “Then you come to St Mirren and lose 1-0.”

BruceyBalboa

Have always maintained from the start of this whole debacle that they would stay up and the rhats would be awarded the title.

Valley Bluenose

Cheers will depend then on finances and or extra clubs being added to the league. What would the position be if they decided to "mothball" the 3 lower leagues for a season and increase the top league to 16 teams.
I assume provided they don’t change the numbers (42) or distribution of prize money it’s the 75% in favour from each block. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility the Championship clubs want mothballed. I’d expect Hearts, ICT, Dundee and Ayr might want to keep playing in a top 16. It’s how we then get that back to ‘normal’ that’s the issue.