Hearts league reconstruction plans

Am i right in saying that the vote required in the Premier League is only 9-3 not 11-1, if that is the case then it will get voted in and we will essentially have a null & void season but the scum are champions & scumdee utd get promoted. If the club sits back and allows this to go ahead Scottish football will be finished , believe me there is no way back from this.

Again. See post #48 or #114 mate.

Hearts’ Ann Budge courts clubs in bid to win support for reconstruction

Hearts owner Ann Budge is holding in-depth discussions with Scottish clubs as she prepares to finalise her league reconstruction proposal – which will not be ready until Monday at the earliest.

The Edinburgh businesswoman had hoped to circulate her plan by close of business yesterday but is still consulting teams in all four divisions of the Scottish Professional Football League.

She feels she is making progress on a paper to offer an amended structure to help Scottish football through the coronavirus pandemic.

It will involve an expanded Premiership and keep Hearts in the top flight by increasing the number of teams from 12 to 14 or potentially 16.

Budge is speaking with clubs to understand their individual circumstances, financial challenges and concerns before finalising her document.

Monday is the earliest date that the proposal would be ready as Budge tries to ensure the plan is as robust and thorough as possible to give it the best chance of approval.

Hearts suffered an enforced relegation to the Championship on Monday when the SPFL board ratified the termination of season 2019-20.

League reconstruction is the Tynecastle hierarchy’s preferred option. In order to achieve it, Budge would need to submit a members’ resolution for a restructure to the SPFL, which would then require a vote from all 42 clubs. To pass, 11 of the 12 Premiership teams would be required to vote in favour as there would likely be changes to prize money distribution and, potentially, clubs added to the existing 42 SPFL members.

If there was no change in prize money distribution and no extra teams added, only nine top-flight clubs would need to say ‘yes’. Either scenario would also require approval from eight teams in the Championship and 15 in total across League One and League Two.

Hearts would be voting as a Championship side with their top-flight place taken by promoted Dundee United.

Daniel Stendel, the Tynecastle manager, is not confident that Budge’s reconstruction plan will succeed. The German coach believes the voting process is stacked against Hearts.

“My experience tells me that the chance is not very big,” 
he said in an interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine.

“Voting is complicated in Scotland. There can only be one or two votes against and it is usually the case in life that, in the end, everyone looks at themselves. But there is still some hope.”

Stendel is frustrated that the campaign was cut short with Hearts four points adrift at the bottom of the Premiership after a 1-0 loss at St Mirren in their final fixture before the shutdown. They had a further eight league games remaining before the SPFL took the decision to end the season early.

Stendel joined Hearts in December and instantly took to the surroundings at Tynecastle Park. “There are 20,000 fans – sometimes louder than 50,000 in Hannover,” he said.

His team beat Rangers twice and won a pulsating Edinburgh derby against Hibs at Easter Road, but he added: “Then you come to St Mirren and lose 1-0.”

Have always maintained from the start of this whole debacle that they would stay up and the rhats would be awarded the title.

Cheers will depend then on finances and or extra clubs being added to the league. What would the position be if they decided to "mothball" the 3 lower leagues for a season and increase the top league to 16 teams.

I assume provided they don’t change the numbers (42) or distribution of prize money it’s the 75% in favour from each block. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility the Championship clubs want mothballed. I’d expect Hearts, ICT, Dundee and Ayr might want to keep playing in a top 16. It’s how we then get that back to ‘normal’ that’s the issue.

i remember when budge first appeared on the scene and was the media darling, she has been exposed as a gullible wanky old woman,totally clueless.

Panic setting in?

Hearts could be pushed towards financial collapse as Championship rivals set to deliver devastating message to SPFL

A group of second-tier sides are preparing to tell the league's governing body they can't afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

All 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

The Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”

I posted this just a page ago but will repeat it. Some obviously missed it.

I’ve summarised the Articles below.

A change to the League structure that involves a variation, up or down, from the 42 club figure or which involves a redistribution of the prize money - requires 90% approval from the Premiership clubs (11-1). It is classed as a Qualified Resolution. And 75% approval in each of the other two voting blocks.

However, any change that sees the number of clubs remain at 42 - however they are structured - and requires no change in the prize money would be deemed an Ordinary Resolution or a Members Resolution. As such it would require 75% approval from Premiership clubs, 75% approval from Championship clubs and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

Same as the Rangers Members Resolution recently.

If the clubs agree on a reconstruction model that sees the total number of clubs remain at 42 and no changes to the prize money distribution then it only requires the 75% approval from each of the three voting blocks.

Thanks for making me aware of the 75% vote rule, I had not seen your earlier post detailing that before I posted mine.

Panic setting in?

Hearts could be pushed towards financial collapse as Championship rivals set to deliver devastating message to SPFL

A group of second-tier sides are preparing to tell the league's governing body they can't afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

All 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

The Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”
So why did they relegate them then.
The solution was no winners no losers no relegation or promotion if the season can't be completed.
The SPFL's executive's rush to reward the team they support with naming them as winners and the league and european monies that go with it was the death knell for a team they are now saying should be saved.
The dodgy vote that officially was NO and should have stood is what did it and who were the people involved in that the Putrid-3.
They have a lot to answer for blame them and no one else.

It’ll be amazing to see all these scum clubs in the SPFL now block Budges panic plans to preserve their paydays with us. As a Club we need to block the revenue streams of these parasites

Every club, including Hearts can go and fk themselves.

The self interest they have all shown over the last 2 months is shocking - turning a blind eye to corrupt processes, wanting reconstruction when it suits them and back stabbing each other. We should be looking to help no one bit ourselves from now on.

You want to split the league into FOUR mini leagues? That’s a new one on me

Someone suggested it on here a few weeks back and the more I think about it the more I like it.
It covers what a lot of people want, play everyone home and away equally, we play most teams only twice and playing in a 4 team mini league at the end woul give the 4 OF games that the TV want.

Clarified with another poster last night, Farts have been relegated, surely IF reconstruction comes to pass it would be Championship clubs that would come up, it would’ve been like allowing Dunfermline to avoid the drop in 2012.

Clarified with another poster last night, Farts have been relegated, surely IF reconstruction comes to pass it would be Championship clubs that would come up, it would’ve been like allowing Dunfermline to avoid the drop in 2012.

Its something I have never got my head around. Are Hearts officially club 13 as they have been replaced by Dundee United? If so then it would seem legal they do come back up with reconstruction.

to back up what your saying here is a quote for that time

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster said the decision had been taken "purely on sporting integrity" and that Dundee were the "overwhelming" choice of the other clubs.

That was to replace us where Dundee were second top in league below and Dunfermline were relegated.

There's been far too much bad blood spilled over giving one team an unwarranted title and one team being pilloried by numerous others for simply trying to get the corruption out of the game. There was a real opportunity for reconstruction imo. The format just now is shit and I would have been all for an 18 team top league but I absolutely want clubs to perish. The Dunfermlines and Dundee etc have sealed their own fate. Hearts were sammied again. Budge has sold her soul for reconstruction. Her abject failure to sue them has set them adrift. They will NEVER get back up. They're finished as a premiership club. The corrupt cabal has overseen the destruction of numerous clubs in Scotland over their desire to fulfil the gift to the tramps. Sky will walk away or reduce their payment as the product won't be there.

Hearts have been dire for a whole calendar year and have now been relegated - There is absolutely nothing out there to suggest that they deserve to be part of a 14/16 team league anymore than Dundee or ICT do.

Its something I have never got my head around. Are Hearts officially club 13 as they have been replaced by Dundee United? If so then it would seem legal they do come back up with reconstruction.

I’d have thought that it would’ve been ICT.

One thing I do know, it’s a fućking mess and Doncaster didn’t Think twice about inflecting this shit show on his employers, all carried out so that CeItic would be gifted another league title.

Didn't see anyone say that we can't lose a club like Rangers back in 2012, I have said this before hearts seem to have a lot of friends in Scottish football
We are the only team Celtic know could beat them over a season so they have done and still are doing everything to weaken and alienate us from the rest.

think most miss that point because they failed to get in the UCL this year.

the way the champions path is set up then on paper they should get into the group stages every year. 4 teams get access every year and with their high coefficient they are always one of the top 4 seeds. I remember last year before they lost to cluj that on paper they should fear was 2/3 like slavia Prague and Copenhagen. They will likely be one of the favs to qualify again and it’s massive for them. The only reason they can maintain their 60 million pound wage bill is the UCL or selling a top player. If they don’t make it directly effects us because instead of keeping a eduoard they now have to sell him. Compared to a couple years ago they don’t have many sellable assets left. Forrest and mcgregor Are aging , tierney has left , julien hasn’t exactly been van djik. And other players like forester arnt there own. Eduord is the one they will see money on but losing him is critical for there 10 in a row*

He’s scored 3 goals in Europe one of them a penalty kick , where does this £20 million valuation come from ?

There’s no doubting he’s a good player but if goals in the Scottish league make you worth mega millions then we’ve a league full of superstars.....

He’s scored 3 goals in Europe one of them a penalty kick , where does this £20 million valuation come from ?

There’s no doubting he’s a good player but if goals in the Scottish league make you worth mega millions then we’ve a league full of superstars.....

Take the r out of papers.

The team that’s being relegated at the head of Re construction plans. Only in scotland
rMuFpZm.gif

So why did they relegate them then.
The solution was no winners no losers no relegation or promotion if the season can't be completed.
The SPFL's executive's rush to reward the team they support with naming them as winners and the league and european monies that go with it was the death knell for a team they are now saying should be saved.
The dodgy vote that officially was NO and should have stood is what did it and who were the people involved in that the Putrid-3.
They have a lot to answer for blame them and no one else.

The poorer clubs get poorer, the scum get richer. Well most of them voted for it. Karma?

to back up what your saying here is a quote for that time

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster said the decision had been taken "purely on sporting integrity" and that Dundee were the "overwhelming" choice of the other clubs.

That was to replace us where Dundee were second top in league below and Dunfermline were relegated.

And now, presumably, the top tier clubs don’t get to pick as they’ve got the other 3 leagues to deal with which wasn’t the case in 2012

Yes I remember Hearts and others all backing us in 2012 saying Rangers are too big a club to go down to the fourth tier of Scottish football
We need to pull out all the stops to help

Then my alarm went off and I woke up !!
I only have one interest in football and no soft spots or like minded associates if they die they die not one F@ck given

so the choice is play the same crappy teams 4 teams or play a little more crappy teams a little less :D

It's really the only choices we have bud, and I know I'd rather play better teams more rather than weeks on end of Morton, Arbroath and the like.
Honestly, I wasn't kidding, the reason we went to a 10 team league years ago was that the 18 was boring as feck.

I think the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County and Dundee United would be crazy to vote for that.

I don’t recall a willingness to help us out , they could not wait to throw us down a few divisions
And take plenty of money out the kitty in doing so.

Anti Rangers conquers all.

Slightly less dross than the absolute dross that an 18 team league would bring.
Couldn't disagree more.
Every major league in Europe plays with a minimum of eighteen teams, the majority of our Championship teams are no worse than our Premiership teams.
If you are happy watching Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston the addition of the likes of Dundee Utd, Dundee, Inverness, Partick, Dunfermline etc shouldn't worry you, they are all bigger clubs than most of the teams already in our top League.
It has to be better than the nonsensical scenario of splitting a small repetitive legue.

Someone suggested it on here a few weeks back and the more I think about it the more I like it.
It covers what a lot of people want, play everyone home and away equally, we play most teams only twice and playing in a 4 team mini league at the end woul give the 4 OF games that the TV want.
What would the point be for teams 5th to 12th ? No Europe to play for and no relegation to be avoided

Maybe the big name friendlies Dundee were promised can be home and away to Hearts every week for a year.

Latest posts

Back