Hearts/Partick Thistle SFA Charge (Notice of Complaint)

So how can then be impartial at arbitration ?

The SFA have little to do with the Arbitration. They supply a list of potential panel members - in excess of 50 to choose from I believe - and each side gets to pick 1 panel member. The two selected then sit down together and choose the Chair of the panel.

The Court have also steered them towards the panel members being experienced in Law, rather than 'football people'.

tenor.gif

The SFA have little to do with the Arbitration. They supply a list of potential panel members - in excess of 50 to choose from I believe - and each side gets to pick 1 panel member. The two selected then sit down together and choose the Chair of the panel.
I'm sure they could find 50 people with certain leanings shall we say, then those two pick the chair and I'm sure they can also out vote the chair of the committee anyway.

It would be scandalous if it wasn’t so hilariously handled.

a shower of corrupt bastards, each and every mentally challenged lickspittle member who are in bed with them.
Hearts and partick have little to zero chance of getting anything from this at all, not when the SFA have their manky paws all over this now.

This will end up back in court if this is the route they go down, at the recent hearing the judge made it clear that Hearts had a right to challenge this and raised concerns that they could be punished by the SPFL. The SPFL are not winning that fight in court

Last edited:
I'm sure they could find 50 people with certain leanings shall we say, then those two pick the chair and I'm sure they can also out vote the chair of the committee anyway.

The two panel members appointed first are selected 1 by Hearts/Thistle and the other by the SPFL. They then have to agree on the Chair. Why would they then choose to vote out the man they have both agreed on?

There's much to complain of at the SFA, for sure, but this panel will have very little involvement - if any - from the likes of Petrie and Mulraney.

Notice of Complaint | Partick Thistle FC
Tuesday 14 July 2020
Alleged Party in Breach: Partick Thistle FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 78 - No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99.

Principal hearing date:
Thursday 6 August 2020

Notice of Complaint | Heart of Midlothian FC
Tuesday 14 July 2020
Alleged Party in Breach: Heart of Midlothian FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 78 - No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 August 2020

I don't agree.

They got concessions in court they wouldn't have got if they went straight to the SFA.

I.e release of documents and a say into the panel etc.
You could argue that, I agree. But in terms of this charge they are/and were clearly in breach of the rule.
Could have wasted a week in court and the money it cost just to end up with another fine, or worse...

Saw it coming the minute Mulranney was announced as taking over from Petrie. Maximum punishment is £1m fine and expulsion for Hearts if they still class them as a premiership club. 500k and expulsion for Thistle.

Partick and Hearts respond instantly:

Tuesday 14th July, 2020 at 4:15pm

We are incredulous to have received a Notice of Complaint from the Scottish FA in the circumstances. It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

As our focus must be squarely on that, we have already requested the Scottish FA to review the timing to allow us to be properly prepared and represented. That is the very least we should expect from the process.

The Court have also steered them towards the panel members being experienced in Law, rather than 'football people'.
Are you sure?

my info is that each party chooses their own Member and the 2 Members then choose and independent chairperson.

The two panel members appointed first are selected 1 by Hearts/Thistle and the other by the SPFL. They then have to agree on the Chair. Why would they then choose to vote out the man they have both agreed on?

There's much to complain of at the SFA, for sure, but this panel will have very little involvement - if any - from the likes of Petrie and Mulraney.
You are probably right mate but all I'm saying is the sfa will try handpicked that list for their own benefit, hearts/thistle can only pick from a list drawn up by SFA.

And on the point about picking the chair then out voting them, they can literally pick someone who agrees with them or doesnt aslong as the first two agree.

It may go the other way and work in hearts/thistles favour but I'm very sceptical of anything the spfl or sfa do.

You could argue that, I agree. But in terms of this charge they are/and were clearly in breach of the rule.
Could have wasted a week in court and the money it cost just to end up with another fine, or worse...
Hearts have been put in a position where they stand to lose millions due to a corrupt vote. A few tens of thousand here and there pales in comparison. Also they were granted discovery of documents by the court, which the SPFL resisted.

I'm pretty sure that there was reference made during the case before Lord Clark about potential punishments and possible expulsion due to the path Hearts and Thistle had taken

Lord Clark, if I remember correctly, was not impressed, questioned the legality of any potential punishment and suggested that such action could see the matter back in court.

Guess these guys are just so used to bullying people and getting their own way that they dont care. That could well be their downfall and if, as suggested elsewhere in the thread, certain documents aren't available then this will be heading straight back to court.

Hearts and Partick clearly have them rattled and need to hold their nerve now.

Back