Hearts/Partick Thistle SFA Charge (Notice of Complaint)

They didn’t follow the agreed due process, hence the charge.
The agreed due process has a degree of ambiguity within it. Arbitration is to be used for "football disputes" and it has a brief definition of football disputes and specifically excludes matters which would be under the jurisdiction of the Court of Session.

The initial hearing before Lord Clark was to determine whether or not this matter fell within the definition of a football dispute and, as such, should follow the Arbitration process.

Lord Clark agreed that it was but suggested that there was sufficient scope for it to be considered otherwise. He also took the time to clearly define his expectations of the Arbitration process and to warn the parties, particularly the SPFL, re their conduct during that process and questioned the legality of the potential charges and punishments that the authorities were threatening.

That being the case it is difficult to see how they can make these charges stick. It wouldn't, however, surprise me if they did but that should see the SFA in court alongside their pals at the SPFL.

When you first read and think about all underhand and unbelievable antics of our so called leaders you think a United front from al othersl should defeat these bastards ,but the reality is us and only two others the rest are in the other camp.

The agreed due process has a degree of ambiguity within it. Arbitration is to be used for "football disputes" and it has a brief definition of football disputes and specifically excludes matters which would be under the jurisdiction of the Court of Session.

The initial hearing before Lord Clark was to determine whether or not this matter fell within the definition of a football dispute and, as such, should follow the Arbitration process.

Lord Clark agreed that it was but suggested that there was sufficient scope for it to be considered otherwise. He also took the time to clearly define his expectations of the Arbitration process and to warn the parties, particularly the SPFL, re their conduct during that process and questioned the legality of the potential charges and punishments that the authorities were threatening.

That being the case it is difficult to see how they can make these charges stick. It wouldn't, however, surprise me if they did but that should see the SFA in court alongside their pals at the SPFL.
Fair point well made.

Do not know about their forums, but I am on a Whatsapp group with lots in it, and fecking raging is how I would describe it? No wonder, just what are they trying to achieve?

Expel both of them or fine them a £million, absolute lunacy.
They want to keep the tims on top for as long as possible

I can't see what the SFA motivation was other than extracting monies from Hearts/Partick no matter which way the Independent Arbitration goes. Perhaps wishful thinking that they might yet drop their case under this threat/bullying tactics.

At the very least though this SFA Charge is prejudicial to the Arbitration in that it takes vital time away from Hearts/Partick dealing with their Arbitration case.

In short, a massive SFA/SPFL own goal that sees matters closer to going back to court rather than more remote.

When you first read and think about all underhand and unbelievable antics of our so called leaders you think a United front from al othersl should defeat these bastards ,but the reality is us and only two others the rest are in the other camp.

The simple fact is that all the roles in this saga would have been reversed with different league placings, almost every club's sole priority is self preservation.

With this it mind it takes leadership from the executive team to present plans and vision that navigate the league as a whole through the minefield without civil war breaking out.

The individual clubs actions are understandable, the total lack of vision from the hired hands and their perceived partisan attitude isn't.

I can't see what the SFA motivation was other than extracting monies from Hearts/Partick no matter which way the Independent Arbitration goes. Perhaps wishful thinking that they might yet drop their case under this threat/bullying tactics.

At the very least though this SFA Charge is prejudicial to the Arbitration in that it takes vital time away from Hearts/Partick dealing with their Arbitration case.

In short, a massive SFA/SPFL own goal that sees matters closer to going back to court rather than more remote.
Hope so!

sincerely hope so!

To be expected.
The mafeso look after their own.
Despicable.
The game in your country is fckued unless you get rid of these corrupt gangsters!
And that won’t happen unless the media grow a set of balls, and call them out!

This is good news. These crackpots seem to think they can do as they like. What an absolute disgrace to issue a Note of Complaint. Why do they think they are above the Law. I’m quite sure the Courts will show them they are not

Right, here’s my thinking the sfa have charged hearts and thistle for breaching the rules and going to court.
Hearts and thistle should claim the precedent has been set regarding taking football authorities to court this was successfully challenged and upheld after being ruled on by the European court - the case in question had ramifications throughout the world of football with ruling bodies being ordered to comply with the court ruling which became known as the BOSMAN ruling- a different scenario but the principle of challenging the rules still applies

Last edited:
Haven’t Hearts and Thistle just followed due process?

That is what the judge said, he exonerated them for not going to court straight away. Hearts knew as well as anyone restructure would fail but went along with it to satisfy due process and they have a defence now.

The SFA should have stepped in before the court case and offered arbitration instead they sat back and forced Hearts and Partick down that route. Corrupt as f**k

Look, they could have filed a complaint about SPFL chairman Neil Doncaster, of course he would recuse himself and would go and ask for SFA board member Neil Doncaster to arbitrate what information should be shared with the clubs and what the possible outcomes should be.

Should the clubs have any issue with the fair arbitration of Neil Doncaster into the charges against Neil Doncaster (who are, legally speaking, seperate entities) they could go and take a grievance to UEFA's "Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body" where board member Neil Doncaster would be willing to take a balanced approach to the charges levied against Neil Doncaster.

Of course, if UEFA's Neil Doncaster found the charge to be contemptuous he could levy sanctions, as arbitration would have failed due to the actions of the clubs, SFA board member Neil Doncaster may wish to levy charges too and should those two bodies find charges to bring against the complainants, SPFL's Neil Doncaster may wish to bring additional charges for their actions.

What's the problem guys? Why did you decide to go to court instead of using the official channels? This is a totally, 100% legit operation and not a mob outfit!
Thank you, Sir Humphrey

It's beyond parody now. You can't question corruption because they say so. .? North Korea would be proud of this little show.
It’s how Blatter and co survived for years unchallenged. It was only when the FBI took an interest that he lost his power. He has been replaced and they new cabal will be fine lining their pockets until,they slip up and cross the path of the Feds once more. The only thing in question is the timing but I’d bet my house that we won’t be seeing a World Cup in the US anytime soon.

Most of my relatives are dead now so, I no longer have a reason to go back to Scotland. As a Canadian citizen now and avid follower of the Maple Leafs and the Blue Jays, it is a constant wonder to me why I get so worked up over football doings. But, once a Rangers fan, always a Rangers fan I suppose.
Same for me!

Because the ‘big teams’ were in the breakaway group.

Like it or not, unless Celtic were so inclined to join the breakaway (and why would they be?) it wouldn’t be the same situation.
It would be nice to see us at least try though. It might in itself lead to a restructure with meaningful dialogue. Rather than either the status quo or kid on reconstruction to shut a couple of teams up.

Going all the way to Switzerland with this.
What?...........to Dignitas??

Slightly off the subject, but I know a guy who went to Dignitas to finish himsely off, but after getting the jag, he felt better and decided to come home.

When I was speaking to him, he told me that on that morning, guess what he was given for breakfast...........................f**king CHEERIOS!!!

I'm hoping the judge has taken note and hauls them all back into court and give sthe a roasting. If the football fans of this country can't see the blatant corruption going on, it really is time to burn it to the ground.
They don't really care. Your average football fan turns up to watch dog shit each week. None of this changes the dogshit they are watching so they just roll along with the the tumbleweed. They rarely smell the dogshit though.

What?...........to Dignitas??

Slightly off the subject, but I know a guy who went to Dignitas to finish himsely off, but after getting the jag, he felt better and decided to come home.

When I was speaking to him, he told me that on that morning, guess what he was given for breakfast...........................f**king CHEERIOS!!!
I'm buckled

It’s how Blatter and co survived for years unchallenged. It was only when the FBI took an interest that he lost his power. He has been replaced and they new cabal will be fine lining their pockets until,they slip up and cross the path of the Feds once more. The only thing in question is the timing but I’d bet my house that we won’t be seeing a World Cup in the US anytime soon.

They co-host the one after Qatar

I think the Hearts/PT statement tonight is a move to have the SFA refuse their request. They need to ask for a delay before they can return to court seeking an injunction delaying the SFA hearing until after the outcome of arbitration is known.

They need to show the court that they have exhausted all avenues before seeking legal intervention.

I can not possibly see a court refusing a request in such circumstances.

I really think the SFA/SPFL cabal are now absolutely desperate and clutching at straws possibly with a view to a quick conviction of Hearts/PT and even possibly expelling them from the league before arbitration. If you think about it if they are expelled then they no longer have to engage in an arbitration process with organisations that are no longer members of the SFA.
Never underestimate how low these båstards will go.

Murray is spot on here. The SFA should have stepped into this farce before football in this country was reduced to a laughing stock. By doing so now tars them with the same corrupt brush as the cabal.

They are though SJ.

Doncaster on both, Mulraney the placeman?

To me this is to protect Doncaster & MacLennan at a personal level from having to resign when the truth is made public.

Gangsters the lot of them.

Back