Hearts/Partick Thistle SFA Charge (Notice of Complaint)

Found that statement incred
Found that statement incredible. So those teams have been shafted but Hearts and PT haven't.
I take his point on the change at the top and anything is better than what we have just now, but honest to god, the hipocrasy is Just mind boggling
Partick got relegated 2pts behind with a game in hand and 9 to play ffs! What planet is the lady's front bottom on?

For a guy who was a player, assistant manager, general manager and managing director at Thistle, Ian Maxwell is a scumbag of the highest order... I know we all knew anyway, but what an ungrateful rhat.
Another Judas who’s denied his upbringing and thrown his lot in with a mob who will ditch him whenever they’ve done with him. Him and that skunk Gray at Hamilton, Burrows at Motherwell make me sick.

The game up here is utterly f.ucked, beyond corrupt. It will take years for things to change. This is all to the benefit of one club.

If the truth is exposed, there must be a major chance they will be FORCED to resign via a vote of no confidence mate.

That’s the hope. It’s also why, to me, they are desperate to avoid the truth.

The documents must remain within the arbitration process. Lord Clark more or less said that. Hope they get leaked though!

Last edited:
If we had an English membership lined up then I’d be all for it but unfortunately we’d be laughed at if we resigned with no league to play in. We’d also last a few months and probably be bust.
No chance, sheep and Hibs would follow suit I'm sure, we could then call out Hamilton, m'well for being happy to side with a corrupt cabal, the house of cards would soon come crashing.

Everything they touch turns to shyte.

They need to remain in control, the SFA and CFC are intertwined in the CSA scandal, Jack McGinn "allegedly" knew and enabled the abuse at CFC, McGinn was the key to the New Jersey cover up when his pal Frank Cairney was abusing kids in 1991 and became SFA president in 1997.

I for one hope this action from Hearts and Thistle brings the whole stinking cesspit of corruption down around them and they are all exposed for what they are, Scottish football may have to die to cleanse itself from these disgusting basturts.

Hearts and PT legal teams should be chapping Lord Clark’s door in the morning asking his view point

Unfortunately Lord Clark correctly pointed out that they had signed up to the SFA arbitration process and he sent them packing. The only realistic hope Hearts and PT have now is that the arbitration finds in their favour or they can subsequently prove the arbiters themselves act in a biased, unfair or prejudicial manner (unlikely given the chair is to be drawn from the legal profession with 10 years advocacy or sheriff court experience), which would then allow them to go back to Lord Clark.

The SFA have ‘technically‘ done nothing wrong in invoking their disciplinary procedure, it’s stated clearly in section 99. Unfortunately sporting bodies have massive powers and their rules are written in such a complex manner to ensure they have all bases covered. When you join them you are signing up to their articles and in this case the SFA articles as well. If you didn’t have these powers with sporting bodies then every sporting dispute would end up in court.

The main hope for Hearts and PT still comes in the form of the Rangers dossier and other supporting evidence that the Dundee vote was bent and presenting that to the arbitration panel. This is the key evidence. Before it went back to a judge there would have to be evidence the panel themselves acted in an unfair and prejudicial manner. This is what Clark was warning them about. The panel (chair) isn’t going to feck up a legal career to save Neil Doncaster. Clark insisted they had legal men on the panel. The SPFL haven’t won this yet, despite the efforts of the SFA to apply pressure by the timing of their disciplinary hearing.

Last edited:
We have authorities full of place men who are corrupt. We saw in 2012 that they just do what they want and they make the final decision. The only way is to remove these people like we have tried to do, the only way we can. It’ll remain that way and all we can do is hold our noses and build alliances with a view to force change.

If, when this utter shambles comes to a conclusion, Rangers resubmit their demand for a full independent inquiry surely, but surely, there needs to be support for it now. Quite clearly the authorities running Scottish football are either an absolute clusterf*ck of incompetence, or corrupt to the very core.

Ewan Murray article on the latest developments. Notice he simply reports the facts.

Hearts and Partick Thistle hit out at 'oppressive' Scottish FA charge
Both clubs are fighting the SPFL’s decision to end last season
SFA charge relates to clubs taking their case to court of session
Ewan Murray

@mrewanmurray
Tue 14 Jul 2020 18.32 BST Last modified on Tue 14 Jul 2020 18.45 BST
Shares
A geneal view of an empty Tynecastle, home of Hearts

Hearts and Partick Thistle say they are “incredulous” after being hit with what they describe as an “oppressive” charge by the Scottish FA for disputing the means by which the 2019-20 season was curtailed in the court of session.

Neil Lennon buoyed by prospect of 'punters in the door' at Old Firm derby
Read more
The two clubs face relegation from the Premiership and the Championship respectively after the Scottish Professional Football League abandoned the last campaign due to the impact of coronavirus. The SPFL’s approach during that process was highly controversial on a number of levels. Neil Doncaster, the SPFL’s chief executive, sits on the Scottish FA board. Mike Mulraney, the acting president of the Scottish FA, is the chairman of Alloa, previously embroiled in a relegation battle alongside Thistle.

After challenging the SPFL in court, the two clubs had the matter referred to Scottish FA-organised arbitration. Hearts and Thistle successfully petitioned the court to have a series of documents recovered while Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers – promoted clubs – failed in their legal quest to have the case dismissed completely.

The Scottish FA has now acted according to its disciplinary rule 78, as states: “No member or associated person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of article 99.” In court, Lord Clark raised questions as to the validity of article 99.

Responding to the charge, Hearts and Thistle said in a joint statement: “We are incredulous to have received a notice of complaint from the SFA in the circumstances. It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

“As our focus must be squarely on that, we have already requested the SFA to review the timing to allow us to be properly prepared and represented. That is the very least we should expect from the process.”

The new Scottish Premiership season is scheduled to begin on 1 August. In their court petition, Hearts and Thistle pursued reinstatement to divisions or a compensation figure totalling £10m.

Unfortunately Lord Clark correctly pointed out that they had signed up to the SFA arbitration process and he sent them packing. The only realistic hope Hearts and PT have now is that the arbitration finds in their favour or they can subsequently prove the arbiters themselves act in a biased, unfair or prejudicial manner (unlikely given they are to be drawn from the legal profession with 10 years advocacy or sheriff court experience), which would then allow them to go back to Lord Clark.

The SFA have ‘technically‘ done nothing wrong in invoking their disciplinary procedure, it’s stated clearly in section 99. Unfortunately sporting bodies have massive powers and their rules are written in such a complex manner to ensure they have all bases covered. When you join them you are signing up to their articles and in this case the SFA articles as well. If you didn’t have these powers with sporting bodies then every sporting dispute would end up in court.

The main hope for Hearts and PT still comes in the form of the Rangers dossier and other supporting evidence that the Dundee vote was bent and presenting that to the arbitration panel. This is the key evidence. Before it went back to a judge there would have to be evidence the panel themselves acted in an unfair and prejudicial manner. This is what Clark was warning them about. The panel aren’t going to feck up their legal careers to save Neil Doncaster. Clark insisted they had legal men not football men on the panel. The SPFL haven’t won this yet, despite the efforts of the SFA to apply pressure by the timing of their disciplinary hearing.
Nobody is convincing me that there wasn't something very badly wrong with that dundee vote. Hearts have been granted the power to discover exactly what happened around that issue, the spfl clearly did not want to open that particular door. SFA are also clearly implicated in this via their cosigned letter containing blatant lies to UEFA, hence they are now attempting to get Hearts and PT to piss off... I doubt it will work.

If, when this utter shambles comes to a conclusion, Rangers resubmit their demand for a full independent inquiry surely, but surely, there needs to be support for it now. Quite clearly the authorities running Scottish football are either an absolute clusterf*ck of incompetence, or corrupt to the very core.
Wouldn't be holding my breath on that

Nobody is convincing me that there wasn't something very badly wrong with that dundee vote. Hearts have been granted the power to discover exactly what happened around that issue, the spfl clearly did not want to open that particular door. SFA are also clearly implicated in this via their cosigned letter containing blatant lies to UEFA, hence they are now attempting to get Hearts and PT to piss off... I doubt it will work.

It was dodgy and corrupt. The dogs in the street know. Getting the evidence might be tricky however as Deloitte ‘independent inquiry‘ was superficial. The arbitration panel was given the power by Clark to get what they need - if it still exists!

That will depend on the findings during arbitration. From the outside the voting, the lobbying of Uefa and the threats to clubs all looked very dodgy. If an independent panel agree and set relegations aside then the devil will be in the detail. Resignations may follow.
I admire your positivity on the subject ,the current set up which has limped from disaster to disaster for years has so far been untouchable just ignores things it doesn’t like .
A couple of years ago when the sheep beat the mentally challengeds at the end of the season Shay Logan was racially abused ,the SFA were asked to investigate by an anti racism charity,nothing happened it was ignored ,Just the same as when Morelos was racially abused at the piggery ,an allegation of racism deflected and then ignored

Also our request for suspension of 3 SPFL officials ignored and ridiculed ,We put a dossier in front on the members ,that was ridiculed too despite being extremely relevant and proving more relevant by the day

A vote of no confidence is without doubt the next move but due to too many clubs not giving a monkeys ,even with the incompetence on an industrial scale it’s unlikely to be successful

I would like to think that one day justice will be served on this organisation but for me it’s just so stitched up it’s almost impossible

If the truth is exposed, there must be a major chance they will be FORCED to resign via a vote of no confidence mate.

That’s the hope. It’s also why, to me, they are desperate to avoid the truth.
Who’s going to force them ,they are a law unto themselves ,Doncaster should have been forced out the door years ago but he’s still there bumbling along as if he’s the perfect man for the job

They are both incompetent and corrupt

For a guy who was a player, assistant manager, general manager and managing director at Thistle, Ian Maxwell is a scumbag of the highest order... I know we all knew anyway, but what an ungrateful rhat.
A shitebag placeman from the word go, he was put in the job because he would offer no resistance and would do as he was told.
Like so many on the SPFL and SFA boards he needs close examination.

Last throw of the dice to keep the details of what went on out of the public domain.

Let's hope Lord Clark sees through this and orders the whole thing back to court.
It will be worth the wait for the season to start to get rid of these bastards once and for all.
I don't see any rush to start the season anyway.
If the corruption is allowed to carry on, what would actually be the point in playing?
We're in a competition that we aren't allowed to win. The longer Hearts and Thistle drag this out, the better our chance of winning on the pitch.

Because the SFA rules state ( as mentioned in the charge) that it has to go to arbitration. The court agreed, which is why it went that way.
Now yes Hearts got documents etc that they might not have got otherwise, but they've just received this charge which could cost them dearly.
You are aware that Hearts and Thistle were demoted after a rigged vote and the fixtures not being completed? To that end, all the "rules" are oot the windae and the SFA can ram their charge right up their corrupt arses.

Last edited:
What surprise's me is that this rule is plainly written and the lawyer's for H/P went to court knowing that even if they win, by not going to arbitration first you've opened up the club's to this charge which could lead to expulsion. H/P have been treated grossly unfairly for all to see there is obviously corruption at the SPFL openly displayed and supported by most of the smaller self interested club's who's loyalty has been bought for a few pennies. There will be no fairness or justice for H/P and indeed any club especially Rangers going forward in this Celtic run organization, we are all trapped and at the mercy of the papist cabal who have written the rules through the years to control every aspect and outcome. This has and is failing the membership and has displayed incompetence in handling any situation, when 99% of other footballing authorities opted for other options and this one stubbornly sticks to destroying Scottish football so that one team benefits then we need to force change and not sit back while we are being shafted year after year by the scum.

Who’s going to force them ,they are a law unto themselves ,Doncaster should have been forced out the door years ago but he’s still there bumbling along as if he’s the perfect man for the job

My hope is that they can be forced to resign via a vote of no confidence.

When this starts to cost these other clubs money then the 30% or so clubs with us
previously will grow.

And I THINK the vote of no confidence only needs 50% ?

I don't see any rush to start the season anyway.
If the corruption is allowed to carry on, what would actually be the point in playing?
We're in a competition that we aren't allowed to win. The longer Hearts and Thistle drag this out, the better our chance of winning on the pitch.

Match officials will err on the side of caution ( cheat ), where making judgement calls that could be to ceItic’s detriment for the foreseeable future, some of the shíte that has gone down since we returned to the top flight, had been beyond belief, or the realms of honest mistake.

My hope is that they can be forced to resign via a vote of no confidence.

When this starts to cost these other clubs money then the 30% or so clubs with us
previously will grow.

And I THINK the vote of no confidence only needs 50% ?
Regarding the the no confidence vote Iv heard 50pc being said a few times recently and I hope that’s true because early on in this whole saga I’m sure I heard it was 75pc ,Cant remember who it was but they were critical of that level being in the rules

Even 50 pc is going to be hard considering the board are guaranteed votes from the clubs each individual comes from

Quick thought did Dundee United, and all other benefactors of the spfl decision to award the league titles actually follow the SFA rules on arbitration before going to court independently bringing their own case to run alongside the spfl defence of the charges brought by hearts and thistle- why no charges for these other clubs who blatantly flouted the arbitration rule of the sfa and also went to court to try and get a decision based solely on their perspective

Regarding the the no confidence vote Iv heard 50pc being said a few times recently and I hope that’s true because early on in this whole saga I’m sure I heard it was 75pc ,Cant remember who it was but they were critical of that level being in the rules

Even 50 pc is going to be hard considering the board are guaranteed votes from the clubs each individual comes from

Yes, it will, but as every day passes & these imbeciles bring our game down, hopefully
coupled with their lies & corruption being confirmed, i'm hopeful.

@Valley Bluenose - am I right that it's 50% needed on a vote
of confidence ? You are normally 'the man' on this stuff.

Rangers silence is disappointingly deafening.
What do you want us to do?

Sitting back saying "We told you so" sits fine with me as the game continues to tear itself apart.

Meanwhile..................Doncaster, McKenzie and MazLennan still in post?

It's what the clubs seem to want.............

The thing is grigo is trying to get the numbers to get the vote of no confidence.

Yes, I just think that the detail from this case becoming public is vital to that TB. That's
why they fought to keep it from court in my opinion. To stop our dossier claims being
shown to be true.

If they get out there, i'm very hopeful mate. And, allied to a lot of these clubs losing out
on the money to square up Hearts & Thistle, that should be a winning combination.

They'll be proven as corrupt, but corrupt & costing clubs money by their corruption.

The tipping point.

The Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove scenario is an interesting one. They were named in the original submission and although it was in their interests they certainly didn't need to defend themselves or to submit papers requesting dismissal.

As defendants though you would concede that it would be difficult to levy charges against them. If, however they were encouraged to take the action they did by a third party then there may well be questions about their actions and whether or not they should face charges.

The SPFL subsequently encouraging everyone else to get involved in the court action is undoubtedly worthy of disrepute charges. Although the wording in the rules is along the lines of you can't go to court without asking for the SFA's permission so undoubtedly Neil 2 hats would have SFA Neil's permission.

It's surely worth asking the SFA for clarity.

Unfortunately Lord Clark correctly pointed out that they had signed up to the SFA arbitration process and he sent them packing. The only realistic hope Hearts and PT have now is that the arbitration finds in their favour or they can subsequently prove the arbiters themselves act in a biased, unfair or prejudicial manner (unlikely given the chair is to be drawn from the legal profession with 10 years advocacy or sheriff court experience), which would then allow them to go back to Lord Clark.

The main hope for Hearts and PT still comes in the form of the Rangers dossier and other supporting evidence that the Dundee vote was bent and presenting that to the arbitration panel. This is the key evidence. Before it went back to a judge there would have to be evidence the panel themselves acted in an unfair and prejudicial manner. This is what Clark was warning them about. The panel (chair) isn’t going to feck up a legal career to save Neil Doncaster. Clark insisted they had legal men on the panel. The SPFL haven’t won this yet, despite the efforts of the SFA to apply pressure by the timing of their disciplinary hearing.

he didnt send them packing. He made a ruling against the 3 clubs for a start. He suggested the SFA rules may be unenforceable and he made the 3 clubs pay their own legal costs

he didnt send them packing. He made a ruling against the 3 clubs for a start. He suggested the SFA rules may be unenforceable and he made the 3 clubs pay their own legal costs

He sent them packing with respect to them wanting a court decision based on the unfair administration of the SOFL resolution.. That was the main outcome H/P wanted. He told them they were bound by the SPFL and SFA rules and articles and their arbitration was his the first port of call. He facilitated the arbitration which is an SFA arbitration and he set standards around that arbitration. The rules which may be unenforceable require legal debate. He made no decision on that due to time constraints. I think there is a high likelihood that the arbitration will not finish by 1st August due to evidence requirements, witness interviews etc etc

There is no question he is skeptical about the arbitration process hence his stipulation re the chair and his authorisation for access to any documents

Yes, I just think that the detail from this case becoming public is vital to that TB. That's
why they fought to keep it from court in my opinion. To stop our dossier claims being
shown to be true.

If they get out there, i'm very hopeful mate. And, allied to a lot of these clubs losing out
on the money to square up Hearts & Thistle, that should be a winning combination.

They'll be proven as corrupt, but corrupt & costing clubs money by their corruption.

The tipping point.
Here,s hoping mate

Yes, it will, but as every day passes & these imbeciles bring our game down, hopefully
coupled with their lies & corruption being confirmed, i'm hopeful.

@Valley Bluenose - am I right that it's 50% needed on a vote
of confidence ? You are normally 'the man' on this stuff.

B*stard.:) You set me off for another half an hour wasted trawling through the Articles of Association. To no avail I'm afraid. As per usual, it comes down to whether it would be an Ordinary Resolution, a Written Resolution, a Qualified Resolution etc and their Articles are as vague as f*ck. Intentionally so, I'd suggest. No specific mention of No Confidence votes or removal of Directors for anything other than crime or mental health issues (may be a go-er:))). Sorry.

B*stard.:) You set me off for another half an hour wasted trawling through the Articles of Association. To no avail I'm afraid. As per usual, it comes down to whether it would be an Ordinary Resolution, a Written Resolution, a Qualified Resolution etc and their Articles are as vague as f*ck. Intentionally so, I'd suggest. No specific mention of No Confidence votes or removal of Directors for anything other than crime or mental health issues (may be a go-er:))). Sorry.
Thanks VB . So they will want the most obstructive vote type to apply .

When / If funding losses materialise membership feelings could change though . Rapidly .

Do we reckon that resolution type would be challengable outside of spfl ? Either at an Arbitration hearing or CoS ?

I’d think that is most likely going to be the members . Often the pressure weighs more as time elapses and events deteriorate .

I think you make a key point though JJ the passivity of members is alarming . Maybe when a few Clubs hit economic crisis point others will see more clearly .

Well now they have gone and put the cat amongst the pigeons just how can both Haerys and Thistle cope with just five days to reply to the chargees and prepare for the arbitration case at the same time if they don’t delay the date for the charges then the
premier league season will not start on the first as they cannot cope with both in the time they have it just shows us just who is running the show in Scottish football as this is a ploy to get all other teams against the two clubs if the season dose not start it’s all about deflection away from the east end as he is running scared that one of them in his pocket opens their mouth and spills the lot it’s getting very hot in the kitchen time will tell the dirty corr bastards.

Perhaps these SFA fines are more about the cabal working to reduce the Hearts / PT claim?

Swapping Mulraney for Petrie always had an ominous look about it. I don't think the timings of these are coincidental.

Arbitration will look for all parties to compromise; we could see Hearts relent to lesser compensation (£8m to £4m?), reduced further with the SFA fine.

If so, the cabal continues ... dare I say, even strengthened ... as they promote the idea they stared down a challenge and guided Scottish Football through all of this.

End result? No real change .. move along .. nothing to see here.

Hope I'm way off. ... and that the Nelms-gate docs are revealed.

Perhaps these SFA fines are more about the cabal working to reduce the Hearts / PT claim?

Swapping Mulraney for Petrie always had an ominous look about it. I don't think the timings of these are coincidental.

Arbitration will look for all parties to compromise; we could see Hearts relent to lesser compensation (£8m to £4m?), reduced further with the SFA fine.

If so, the cabal continues ... dare I say, even strengthened ... as they promote the idea they stared down a challenge and guided Scottish Football through all of this.

End result? No real change .. move along .. nothing to see here.

Hope I'm way off. ... and that the Nelms-gate docs are revealed.
Taking a different slant on it - could Hearts and Partick claim that they were forced down this route, which would be evidenced if the case does end up back in court, and, as such, any fine incurred should be added to their compensation claim.

You are aware that Hearts and Thistle were demoted after a rigged vote and the fixtures not being completed? To that end, all the "rules" are oot the windae and the SFA can ram their charge right up their corrupt arses.
I take your point,but your grammar from parliano Glasgow,is wrong, you can't use " are oot" before an adjective,you have to use the verb "sootra" as in ,it's sootra question,it's soottra windae,other than that your bang on mate!

I take your point,but your grammar from parliano Glasgow,is wrong, you can't use " are oot" before an adjective,you have to use the verb "sootra" as in ,it's sootra question,it's soottra windae,other than that your bang on mate!
Depends where in Glasgow you are and who you're taking to. What you're describing sounds more like alkie Glaswegian. Rab C Nesbitt Govan slurring on his words sounding Glaswegian.

But the rest of the city, especially the west end, and elsewhere amongst, how shall I put this politely, those born more from the indigenous population and the sober, I'm not so sure he's wrong with 'are oot the windae.' to be fair :p That nasally lispy pronounciation you're referring to was likely introduced from other shores. ;)

i.e. slow slurry "Ush-at shell-tic fwoot-bawl cwub" vs short sharp "zame-it Sellik fitbaw club" :))

Back