Hearts & Partick Thistle vs SPFL Starts Today.

ffs heard it all now. We're not discussing a genuine mistake by a referee on the field of play here.
We're talking about the complete failure of the administrative body, supposed to represent ALL clubs within its membership, fairly and without predjudice.
This blase attempt at characterising this as merely 'oh well, thats sport', is cynical and patronising in the extreme.
Translated this really means, "so what if we're corrupt, thats just the way it is and anyone who doesn't like it can just lump it or face diciplinary action. We're untouchable. Look it says so in the rules, so feck the courts of the land."

I hope the judge recognises this arrogance and their blatant attempts at circumventing their hiigher authority. No-one is above the law. And it's about time these coniving reptiles were put back in their place.
He is basically admitting Hearts etc have been treated unfairly but that's part of football so they should suck it up.

This won't conclude today by the sound of it.

There is a Part 3 still to be heard and no-one has spoken on it yet.

Likely a continuation tomorrow and perhaps nothing decide until Monday (coincidentally Fixture List day!)
What does Part 3 relate to?

What does Part 3 relate to?
I assume he means that this initial hearing has tripped into a third day. Leaving aside the submissions made over the last couple of days on whether the substantive issues are for the Court of Session to hear or should instead go to arbitration, there is also a motion to be heard tomorrow as regards discovery of documents (on which there has been no discussion yet, although the issues there should not require extensive discussion).

I don't think Lord Clarke liked the 'oot the gemme', quote one bit.

It seems a really odd comment to make, threatening someone for involving the Court while arguing in the Court about whether the Court should hear the argument, seems utterly staggering to think that was a good thing to say.

I mentioned this case and this part to the wife (a litigator)just there and she said;

“Lord Clark. He is one of the better judges. Very fair and very calm and considered. Speaks with a bit of a stutter(completely irrelevant! Lol) but that comment from a QC is not on at all. Every judge that sits would be extremely unhappy or even angry to hear that comment”.

Hopefully it sticks with him and he backs up hearts and thistle.

In a shit show of epic cluster / omni f*ck proportions, I realise the point that I’m about to make is a side issue but it highlights the systemic corruption and institutionalised incompetence of the entire affair in one perfect vignette - you’re about to conduct a vote amongst your member clubs that you’re perfectly well aware has the potential to destroy clubs, deepen entrenched enmity further still and cause unmitigated chaos for months to come yet, when the appointed hour comes and the incoming numbers don’t quite tally, it takes you almost THREE hours to check a spam folder? Almost three hours to work out how to count to a number that a child in P4 can count to? Eff me. The corporate failings, the moral failings, the governance failings, the literacy failings are multitudinous in this.
Correct. But the real issue is that the rest of Scottish Football doesn't care....scary.

I'm looking forward to microphone head having to sit in the big chair and get grilled.
He’ll have been coached and rehearsed to within an inch of his miserable life. His testimony has the potential to be either incendiary or utterly anodyne as he slips into legalese at every available opportunity. I pray for the former but suspect the latter.

So will Hearts QC complete their case today

I assume that after that the judge will need time to consider his verdict so when can we realistically expect the decision

It seems to me to be coming down to a decision whether Scottish Football (maybe football UEFA wide) is allowed to be a law unto itself or not.

There should only be one answer to that but we all know what an ass the law can be.

I am slightly optimistic about the outcome but only to a 51% degree.

"The letter sent by the SPFL to all 42 member clubs ahead of this week’s proceedings was also addressed on Thursday.

The correspondence informed them that they would be required to join Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers in opposing Hearts and Partick’s submission if they wanted to see the SPFL’s response.

Mr Thomson contested that it was not appropriate for the SPFL to interpret a request to view their submission as support for it, nor was the request to back United, Raith and Cove."

What the %^*&?

"The letter sent by the SPFL to all 42 member clubs ahead of this week’s proceedings was also addressed on Thursday.

The correspondence informed them that they would be required to join Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers in opposing Hearts and Partick’s submission if they wanted to see the SPFL’s response.

Mr Thomson contested that it was not appropriate for the SPFL to interpret a request to view their submission as support for it, nor was the request to back United, Raith and Cove."

What the %^*&?

Dirty bastards. Similar tactics used over and over

I hope I'm wide of the mark on this but if it's arbitration does that not mean whatever the decision is they have to like it or lump it?
Mediation would fail, hopefully folk can clear up arbitration and how it works
You may be right but I cant see how that would work given the SFA have been complicit in this with their letter to UEFA. I think CAS is still an option

I'd imagine Hearts are also pointing to the fact that other European Leagues (France and Belgium) took this to the courts rather than the FA's and won their cases.

Only both those original decisions have now been overturned and relegation in both countries confirmed. Not good for Hearts.

Only both those original decisions have now been overturned and relegation in both countries confirmed. Not good for Hearts.

The other countries didn't have the debacle of the deciding vote mysteriously going missing, without which relegation wouldn't have happened.

That can be the only avenue surely to show why this case is different.

The other countries didn't have the debacle of the deciding vote mysteriously going missing, without which relegation wouldn't have happened.

That can be the only avenue surely to show why this case is different.

Also the SPFL's conduct prior to the vote in terms of their presentation of the Resolution (gun to the head tactics).

Common sense should apply here, is this a purely football matter, or does the SPFL vote rigging fundamentaly affect Hearts and Partick Thistle's business going forward. I think we can all agree its gone beyond being about football.

Back