Hearts refuse Sheeps request to train at Murrayfield

Bonnyloyal

Hearts have knocked back Aberdeen in their request to train at Murrayfield ahead of Saturday’s showdown.

Craig Levein’s squad have been training at Scotland’s home of rugby all week in a bid to familiarise his players with their makeshift home.

Aberdeen approached Hearts and asked if they could use the pitch on Friday.

Hearts have knocked back Aberdeen in their request to train at Murrayfield ahead of Saturday’s showdown.

Craig Levein’s squad have been training at Scotland’s home of rugby all week in a bid to familiarise his players with their makeshift home.

Aberdeen approached Hearts and asked if they could use the pitch on Friday.
Are they allowed to that, it's not their stadium

When do away teams ever get permission to train on the home team's ground? (Outside of European games)

Fair enough if its your home ground but hearts are being catered for and are beig arses now.

I hope they get relegated again soon

"The Jambos will allow the Dons squad a walk around the stadium to familiarise themselves with the 67,000-capacity ground, though".

We trained on opponents' plastic pitches coming up the leagues. Alloa was a definite under baldy.

we paid the hire fee for the pitch at alloa no way that scumbag lady's front bottom would have had the decency to allow us if it was up to him

The grass on Rugby pitches is usually slightly longer than on Football pitches, Murrayfield is also a hybrid pitch with synthetic fibres woven into real grass, Aberdeen were right to ask to train on it and I hope we do the same.

Surely if the sheep had approached the SRU then they would have afforded them the opportunity, unless it was written into their contract with the wattery farts that requests would be refused.

As much as I've stated my ill feeling towards Hearts (and I have done plenty these last few months/years) I have no issue with this at all to be honest.

Would they have had the balls to knockback the tims?
They have set the precedent now, if the beggars are to player there they must refuse them.

TBH I would normally agree with Hearts however, as pointed out above, the league and the teams have made allowances for them to play away at start and now home games elsewhere.

Surely they are only renting the pitch it's only for match day. If the sheep want to rent it for an hour or two on another day it's phuck all to do with Hearts.

Id love to give them a right old hammering at Murrayfield next month.

I really, really would.

16423339-Kevin-Keegan-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq4imjW0Q7nSWAOC8fLXvIy43_VAEW5nZafGmERDsD544.jpg

;)

I don't have any real issue with this.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I actually give a shit.

Hasn't stopped me posting on this thread though :D

Doubt most of the board will be so in agreement with Hearts when the Gers go there and we get told to bolt as well.

Probably should have been one of the clauses from the SPFL, when they agreed to let Hearts use it, the away team, if requested should be allowed at least a training session on it.

Hearts as has been said, are training on it all week so it's pretty clear that they are paying for use.
Hearts are right to tell them no. They've paid the stadium rental to use it for them.
Why should they pay for it to let Aberdeen use it?

Is the grass on a rugby Park not quite long?

Rugby players wear those ankle boots to avoid injury I think.

Do we expect injuries due to the poor surface?

Would Aberdeen have asked to use Tynecastle had the game been played there?
No, but they have never played at Murrayfield before. Generally, teams haven't played on away pitches at European games, hence they get a chance to get a feel of it.

A bit naughty from Hearts, every club agreed to them playing away from Tesc, I mean Tyncastle when their stand was being built. The fact they have failed to meet the dates and they have had to hire Murrayfield is not the sheep's fault.
Sheep could ask for fixture reversal or even better closed door game at Tesc, I mean Tyncastle.
Clubs have accommodated Hearts, what harm would it have done, but as others have said stuff both of them.

Back