Hearts refuse Sheeps request to train at Murrayfield

Hearts as has been said, are training on it all week so it's pretty clear that they are paying for use.
Hearts are right to tell them no. They've paid the stadium rental to use it for them.
Why should they pay for it to let Aberdeen use it?
Exactly. I'm really struggling to see anything wrong with this at all.

No, but they have never played at Murrayfield before. Generally, teams haven't played on away pitches at European games, hence they get a chance to get a feel of it.

Can see the problem if it's a European game. It's a stadium/pitch a matter of miles fromTynecastle that will be in top condition.

Can see the problem if it's a European game. It's a stadium/pitch a matter of miles fromTynecastle that will be in top condition.
Round the corner or four hour flight away won't make a difference mate. Every pitch is different. That's why Hearts will have been on it all week training.

Most forgetting this scenario will crop up when we visit next month.

I have no problem with Hearts telling Dolly to GTF and in fact if it was us in that position then I would hope we would do the same.

Round the corner or four hour flight away won't make a difference mate. Every pitch is different. That's why Hearts will have been on it all week training.

Doesn't bother me. I expect Rangers to go to Murrayfield and beat Hearts.

Whatever you think of Levien, he looks after himself and his Club, perhaps in that order right enough.

If Hearts are paying for the privilege of using Murrayfield as their temporary home stadium, then they're quite right to knock back the sheep.

Did Hearts refuse? It has not been made clear, it may be that SRU have only given permission for the ground to be used on match day.

The 11 other clubs are to blame as had they insisted that should any game need to be played at Murrayfield them the visiting team should be allowed a training session on the pitch

That's a good point. There will probably be a meltdown on here if a request from ourselves is knocked back.

Is the grass on a rugby Park not quite long?

Rugby players wear those ankle boots to avoid injury I think.

Do we expect injuries due to the poor surface?
Surely they'll just cut it shorter or am I missing something ?

So would you allow away teams use of Ibrox before games because every pitch is different?

Of course not.

Until Tynecastle is ready, Murrayfield is Hearts home ground.
Aberdeen wouldn't ask to hold a training session at the piggery, they are fucking at it asking in this instance.

Sheep running scared it's 11 v 11 (depending on the ref ) on a grass pitch I can't see there problem.

Is the grass on a rugby Park not quite long?

Rugby players wear those ankle boots to avoid injury I think.

Do we expect injuries due to the poor surface?
Some of the forwards still wear the old style rugby boot but most players now wear normal football boots though the studs are longer.

Surely they'll just cut it shorter or am I missing something ?

I guess it will depend on what the Rugby boys let them do to it I suppose.

Is there any Rugby played on it soon?

The grass stops growing pretty soon too.

I remember some moans and groans about playing football on a Rugby pitch years ago, Southern Ireland perhaps.

I know nothing about Rugby, might be all change now

Hearts are now up there fighting for second place in teams I hate after the mentally challengeds, with Dundee Hibs, HIV'S and the sheep, however I would like to see them win this match.

Back