Hearts reject Rangers bid for Kyle Lafferty

Lolz on that........at least I don't make stuff up....Lafferty a cheap back up? Who is the other back up ffs?

Afraid i’m struggling to take Lolz seriously from a guy who spent weeks arguing that King should have compromised with Ashley in the boardroom.

I’d love to know what you think i’ve made up. I’ve said several times that I think we’ll make one prestige attacking signing for around £3-4mill. Never claimed to be ITK. Just said it was my opinion given the values being spent on defenders. And there’s still a month left for that not-very-outlandish expectation to come true. Perhaps wait a little before gloating about your lack of belief in our board?

Our first back up is a £2mill Roma youth who just scored on his debut and ran half the length of the park in about 3seconds.

Another back up is either Morelos or whoever Gerrard has his eye on as our striker that he’s targeting.

Lafferty is a squad player available at a reasonable price. And whose acquisition at £500k or less would make bugger all difference to the rest of our transfer activity.

Clear enough?

Afraid i’m struggling to take Lolz seriously from a guy who spent weeks arguing that King should have compromised with Ashley in the boardroom.

I’d love to know what you think i’ve made up. I’ve said several times that I think we’ll make one prestige attacking signing for around £3-4mill. Never claimed to be ITK. Just said it was my opinion given the values being spent on defenders. And there’s still a month left for that not-very-outlandish expectation to come true. Perhaps wait a little before gloating about your lack of belief in our board?

Our first back up is a £2mill Roma youth who just scored on his debut and ran half the length of the park in about 3seconds.

Another back up is either Morelos or whoever Gerrard has his eye on as our striker that he’s targeting.

Lafferty is a squad player available at a reasonable price. And whose acquisition at £500k or less would make bugger all difference to the rest of our transfer activity.

Clear enough?
What a load of drivel. No chance we are signing any 4M player. Wake up man

Who do you think would have benefited from any transfer fees? The club, or the spivs?
Exactly,I'm sure said players were implored by their agents back then to bail.
We will probably never ever get to the bottom of what exactly went on back then.

Common sense signing. Can't see Hearts letting him go for anything like £200k tho. Gonna cost £1m+.

Please, would you like to buy my house?

A million for a 30 something guy moving into the last year of his contract?

The job's done anyway.

He wants to come back to us.

He's now unsettled at the Gorgie scum. (Not you, Rambo)

I think he'd be a good target man for Freddy.

But not at your bamboozling sums.

We usually agree.

But, that’s a hindsight view.

No one, not those idiots had a clue that the money would be siphoned out the club at that stage.

They made decisions in their own best interests, which I don’t mind, but also don’t think it should be forgotten or swept under the carpet.

The idea that schooled business professionals could not get to the bottom of the corruption, yet Naismith etc were onto the grand plan is laughable. :D

Agree that it is unlikely that they knew just how far the corruption spread or had any clear knowledge of where any transfer fees would go. Also agree that most probably acted primarily in the best interests of themselves and their families. And agree that it is hard to judge them too harshly for that as most of us would probably do the same.

But we do need to remember a few other things in their favour. Firstly we do now know that their actions did not actually hurt Rangers. It deprived the wigs of money. Not us. You can even make a retrospective argument that depriving them of that money helped us see through their lies sooner.

Secondly, though they won’t have known it all, they well have known much better than any of us just hi ‘wrong’ things were at the club. They’ll have seen some very odd things happen and may well have had much more suspicion than the rest of us about how bad things were.

Thirdly, we need to remember what they did know contemporaneously as well as what they didb’t. None of the owners did anything for the players. None were contacted by Whyte or by Green. None were told what was happening. They were let down badly with the careers left dangling. And the initial plan for the TUPEing was very dodgy with registration passing to individuals (can’t remember if it was Green or Whyte) rather than the club. After being treated like dirt than having this dodgy plan dangled, I think it is quite understandable to view the whole thing with a lot of suspicion. And also to have stopped viewing it as the club that we - and many of them - love and instead start viewing it as a bunch of shady business deals that you want out of.

I find it impossible to condemn most of them.

Or they could just do what they did with Walker. Keep hold of the player and not sell him to a Scottish rival - maybe they are happier using him for the season over receiving a fee.

They’ve got the player under contract so they dont have to play ball any way whatsoever.
Of course they don’t,if you read my post you’d notice I never said they did.But Walker never kicked his own arse for them for half a season before they sold him to Wigan for less than we offered originally-whichever way you look at it,it ended up in a negative for them being arsey with us over it.
If they’re willing to sell us Lafferty for 350k or so fair enough,if not best of luck getting more for a player over 30,a year left on his contract who doesn’t have a prolific record over the course of his career.
And I’m not bashing Lafferty btw,that’s just the facts of the matter.

kyle lafferty to have meeting with hearts today saying he wants rangers move he is also apparently annoyed at hearts asking price

kyle lafferty to have meeting with hearts today saying he wants rangers move he is also apparently annoyed at hearts asking price

Puts Hearts in an awkward position.
Dig their heels in over an unsettled player who desperately wants to play for a rival club or be more realistic in their valuation.

£350k take it or leave it.

Reactions: STU
Back