Hearts stars ready to snub pay cut

bearbear1

Naismith has made most of the money he will make from the game, so it’s probably easier for him to take a wage cut compared to younger players. Not many clubs will be able to maintain their outgoings with no income. This may completely reset football and wages.

rangersno.1

Would you take a paycut if it came out the day after you were asked that the club had been approaching agents re: signings for next season? I think the players are in the right to reject it and if I was Naismith I'd be receding my acceptance.

absolutely people forget for most of the players it’s just a job you’ll have a few who are either fans or have a small connection with the club that may accept the wage reduction , I can bet the majority of people if their employer came to them looking to take a 50% pay cut would tell them to sling their hook.

CaptainCourageous

They've got a cheek after the way they have performed this season and with all that's going on across the world.

They are lucky enough to still be in a job. Millions are out of work having seen their jobs go.

Typical footballers, shitebag ones at that.

TNT

Official Ticketer
A team sitting at the bottom of the league and they are going to do this? They have barely earned the wage they have been paid this season!

Absolutely despicable!

Mr Blue Sky

I don't think many Hearts players will be on big money. Everyone has a mortgage, car and possibly school fees to pay so are well within their rights to knock it back.

RobbieRFC

I don't think many Hearts players will be on big money. Everyone has a mortgage, car and possibly school fees to pay so are well within their rights to knock it back.
I think you’re right in that not many will be on ‘big’ money but if your getting £5k-£6k a month and will have a relatively short career (or so they tell everybody to justify their salaries) you don’t piss it all away before your next payday!
Players might need to dip into their rainy day fund for a few months but it’s hardly going to bankrupt them is it.
As for mortgage, car and school fees they can get a 3 month mortgage holiday like everybody else and the schools are shut!

RobbieRFC

absolutely people forget for most of the players it’s just a job you’ll have a few who are either fans or have a small connection with the club that may accept the wage reduction , I can bet the majority of people if their employer came to them looking to take a 50% pay cut would tell them to sling their hook.
If my employer ‘asked’ me to take a 50% pay cut in the current climate I don’t think I’d have the option of telling them to ‘sling their hook’. More than likely I would say that’s fine as 50% of my salary is better than 0% when the company goes under.

Billiericky

If my employer ‘asked’ me to take a 50% pay cut in the current climate I don’t think I’d have the option of telling them to ‘sling their hook’. More than likely I would say that’s fine as 50% of my salary is better than 0% when the company goes under.
It's a form of power bargaining. The club have the upper hand and are demanding savings of 50%, knowing that the players have nowhere to go.

The players will probably accept they are on a loser.

The kick back is low morale, lack of trust and lack of effort. It will not be forgotten and the better players will leave at the first opportunity.

In the future other players will think twice before signing for Hearts.

Dwel26

All of this could make finishing the season impossible. There could be more players, not only at hearts, but at other clubs ripping up their contracts.
How on earth, allowing for sporting integrity, could the season be completed when teams won't have all their squads available?
The season must be null and void.

EverGer

Everyone thinking this is great news and laughing at teams going through this don’t seem to realise that we are also going to be badly affected by this.

Taki

Everyone thinking this is great news and laughing at teams going through this don’t seem to realise that we are also going to be badly affected by this.
After the last 10 years we’ve had, I think the fans are entitled to milk every opportunity to laugh at other clubs.

Taki

And when it comes knocking on our door will you still be laughing
Deal with it if it happens.

The likes of Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs, etc. didn’t allow the small matter of their own dodgy owners or financial misfortune to get in the way in 2012, did they?

Maximus

Deal with it if it happens.

The likes of Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs, etc. didn’t allow the small matter of their own dodgy owners or financial misfortune to get in the way in 2012, did they?
No they didn't and still don't. I get the need to gloat but it'll be nonsense if we go down the same route.
pointing and laughing at someone when you're in the same boat is ludicrous

Del

Admin looms - If they go bust then every game is recorded as a 2-0 defeat. Has to make our position stronger. :))

Taki

No they didn't and still don't. I get the need to gloat but it'll be nonsense if we go down the same route.
pointing and laughing at someone when you're in the same boat is ludicrous
Try and let people enjoy what they can, when they can, eh?

RoyalBurghGer72

50% of something is better than 0% of nothing but if its true that hearts are considering bringing in more players then I'd tell Budge to ram it. Be interesting to hear @JamboReid1874 take on this

Newtown Bear

What`s Naismiths salary at Heart ? probably about 10k a week plus he will he will have made enough to retire on at Everton and Norwich ! it`s easy for him to take a pay cut when he`s had the career he has.

RobbieRFC

It's a form of power bargaining. The club have the upper hand and are demanding savings of 50%, knowing that the players have nowhere to go.

The players will probably accept they are on a loser.

The kick back is low morale, lack of trust and lack of effort. It will not be forgotten and the better players will leave at the first opportunity.

In the future other players will think twice before signing for Hearts.
You’re right but we only get to see the sensationalist headlines.
For all we know Hearts have also told them they’ll get it back once play resumes and the club is back on an even keel, who knows for sure.

GR6Ger

I’m not surprised it’s getting knocked back. There will be a few that will be able to manage a 50% cut but there will be plenty that won’t.

linthousebear1981

I love how Naismith is being made out to be hero during this. He is probably one of the few at the club who can afford to take such a cut. He was earning a great salary at Rangers and then some even larger ones with decent signing on fee's down in England. If he has managed his money well then he would have no financial issues dropping 50%. Some others will not be earning as much you think they earn and will be spending that unwisely and living close to their limit.

LondonGer

What`s Naismiths salary at Heart ? probably about 10k a week plus he will he will have made enough to retire on at Everton and Norwich ! it`s easy for him to take a pay cut when he`s had the career he has.
I'd be surprised if Hearts are paying that much to anyone

Walters80

Got to laugh, they've more or less got them demoted but wont take a pay cut to save the club
I think most would have but with the way Hearts have acted I don’t blame them for not doing so.

Asking players to take a 50% wage cut then making contact with agents who will potentially use that money to buy new players is scandalous.

Be like the owner of a small business telling staff to take a wage cut during a time of crisis then the owner using that money to buy a yacht.