Hearts stars ready to snub pay cut

If my employer ‘asked’ me to take a 50% pay cut in the current climate I don’t think I’d have the option of telling them to ‘sling their hook’. More than likely I would say that’s fine as 50% of my salary is better than 0% when the company goes under.

It's a form of power bargaining. The club have the upper hand and are demanding savings of 50%, knowing that the players have nowhere to go.

The players will probably accept they are on a loser.

The kick back is low morale, lack of trust and lack of effort. It will not be forgotten and the better players will leave at the first opportunity.

In the future other players will think twice before signing for Hearts.

All of this could make finishing the season impossible. There could be more players, not only at hearts, but at other clubs ripping up their contracts.
How on earth, allowing for sporting integrity, could the season be completed when teams won't have all their squads available?
The season must be null and void.

Everyone thinking this is great news and laughing at teams going through this don’t seem to realise that we are also going to be badly affected by this.

Everyone thinking this is great news and laughing at teams going through this don’t seem to realise that we are also going to be badly affected by this.

After the last 10 years we’ve had, I think the fans are entitled to milk every opportunity to laugh at other clubs.

And when it comes knocking on our door will you still be laughing

Deal with it if it happens.

The likes of Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs, etc. didn’t allow the small matter of their own dodgy owners or financial misfortune to get in the way in 2012, did they?

Deal with it if it happens.

The likes of Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs, etc. didn’t allow the small matter of their own dodgy owners or financial misfortune to get in the way in 2012, did they?
No they didn't and still don't. I get the need to gloat but it'll be nonsense if we go down the same route.
pointing and laughing at someone when you're in the same boat is ludicrous

Admin looms - If they go bust then every game is recorded as a 2-0 defeat. Has to make our position stronger. :))

No they didn't and still don't. I get the need to gloat but it'll be nonsense if we go down the same route.
pointing and laughing at someone when you're in the same boat is ludicrous

Try and let people enjoy what they can, when they can, eh?

50% of something is better than 0% of nothing but if its true that hearts are considering bringing in more players then I'd tell Budge to ram it. Be interesting to hear @JamboReid1874 take on this

What`s Naismiths salary at Heart ? probably about 10k a week plus he will he will have made enough to retire on at Everton and Norwich ! it`s easy for him to take a pay cut when he`s had the career he has.

It's a form of power bargaining. The club have the upper hand and are demanding savings of 50%, knowing that the players have nowhere to go.

The players will probably accept they are on a loser.

The kick back is low morale, lack of trust and lack of effort. It will not be forgotten and the better players will leave at the first opportunity.

In the future other players will think twice before signing for Hearts.
You’re right but we only get to see the sensationalist headlines.
For all we know Hearts have also told them they’ll get it back once play resumes and the club is back on an even keel, who knows for sure.

I’m not surprised it’s getting knocked back. There will be a few that will be able to manage a 50% cut but there will be plenty that won’t.

I love how Naismith is being made out to be hero during this. He is probably one of the few at the club who can afford to take such a cut. He was earning a great salary at Rangers and then some even larger ones with decent signing on fee's down in England. If he has managed his money well then he would have no financial issues dropping 50%. Some others will not be earning as much you think they earn and will be spending that unwisely and living close to their limit.

What`s Naismiths salary at Heart ? probably about 10k a week plus he will he will have made enough to retire on at Everton and Norwich ! it`s easy for him to take a pay cut when he`s had the career he has.

I'd be surprised if Hearts are paying that much to anyone

Got to laugh, they've more or less got them demoted but wont take a pay cut to save the club

I think most would have but with the way Hearts have acted I don’t blame them for not doing so.

Asking players to take a 50% wage cut then making contact with agents who will potentially use that money to buy new players is scandalous.

Be like the owner of a small business telling staff to take a wage cut during a time of crisis then the owner using that money to buy a yacht.

Trouble ahead for Hearts if they don’t budge on pay. Hearts wouldn’t have asked them to take such a big pay cut if it wasn’t essential to do so.

I think the issue is, Hearts have seemingly said they would have money to pay transfer fees, if that is the case I would be saying no to it too

Not going to revel in this because it might well happen to us. Some of the posts in here could end up looking embarrassing and totally ironic.

All of us would be raging at having to take a 50% pay cut. We all budget our lives around our income. Footballers will be no different.

Not going to revel in this because it might well happen to us. Some of the posts in here could end up looking embarrassing and totally ironic.

All of us would be raging at having to take a 50% pay cut. We all budget our lives around our income. Footballers will be no different.

I understand people not feeling any sympathy for these clubs after what we had to endure but are people really that naive after everything that we've been through that they think this isn't going to affect us?

People really need to wise up with these posts. We aren't exactly in the best financial position to sail through these uncertain times and we may have to implement similar measures ourselves.

You dont understand this situation at all.

I can understand that if the club runs out of money and they can't pay their players a wage then they are donald ducked. 50% of their current wage for the time being until normality resumes will not be too burdensome on most of them imo.

You must be a barrel of laughs at a comedy night, interjecting every punchline with “you wouldn’t laugh if that happened to you.”
Strange reach from you. You do realise out club is in exactly the same position as these clubs. You won’t be laughing then will you. Bizarre thing to find funny.

She should furlough them and send them home.

There are 10's of thousands of people who've just been paid off and are getting universal credit or SSP. More who've been furloughed and will get no more than £2500 per month.

Footballers will have to suck it up and ask for mortgage holidays etc like the rest of the country.

Admin looms - If they go bust then every game is recorded as a 2-0 defeat. Has to make our position stronger. :))
Is this the case, I didn't know. I would guess the longer the league is stretched out the harder it will be for them to keep their heads above water.

They would have a better chance of being asked to defer the payments . Unless they are in danger of not being paid then I would tell them to stick their offer

Back